Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long before i can drive post op?

+3
alexandra33
AmyD
annaliese76
7 posters

Go down

How long before i can drive post op?  Empty How long before i can drive post op?

Post by annaliese76 27th October 2011, 2:14 pm

I've got two days left to prepare everything before my op and i'm panicking as to how much cat food, nappies, coffee, loo rolls,food i will need to get in before hand! I have a small shop close by but it doesnt sell a lot and is needless to say expensive. My partner doesnt drive and although my mum and dad are great my mum is having chemo at the moment and is on another course next week so dad will be backwards and forwards to the hospital with her and looking after her at home when shes not in hospital so cant keep asking them. I'm hoping it will only be a few days before i can drive again so can get to big supermarket . How has everybody else found driving afterwards?xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

How long before i can drive post op?  Empty Re: How long before i can drive post op?

Post by AmyD 27th October 2011, 2:18 pm

i drove after 1 week hun and it was fine, but i've been getting home delivery from tesco!! xxxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

How long before i can drive post op?  Empty Re: How long before i can drive post op?

Post by alexandra33 27th October 2011, 2:22 pm

I had unders and drove after 4 days, just very careful not to turn the wheel by lifting my arms up, I kept my hands at "7 and 5" if that makes sense? Also, I was told I couldn't have driven a manual car for at least 3 weeks due to the muscle healing (but I have an automatic, so it was fine).

But since you are having overs, it may be different - I'd ask your PS - don't want to void that aftercare!

Good luck hun - enjoy the experience!! xxx
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by sims 27th October 2011, 2:23 pm

I'm on day 5, and in my discharge notes it said to not drive for at least 5 days, I've also read that you should check that your car insurance doesnt impose any special terms, some say no driving for 2 weeks after a GA!
I hope to be driving again by Monday, at the mo I think thats reasonable... But as AmyD says why not do your shopping online? I've been doing it years no anyway... and always recommend my favourite place (the one that rhymes with Avocado!!!) they will bring it right into your kitchen aswell!
Good luck!
sims
sims
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 27th October 2011, 2:23 pm

i have a manual car, have to admit, putting it into reverse had to be done with care!! But i was ok xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 27th October 2011, 2:42 pm

Online shopping!! Dont know why i hadnt thought of that lol, I think my mind is just all over the place at the moment haha,I'm such a worrier:/ Thanks girls , dont know what id do without you all Hug When i went for my pre op i had to make an appointment for a post op check for 1 week post op and i did ask if id be ok to drive as its about 40 mins away to the clinic and the girl on reception said i would (hope shes right). Think i will check with my ps before im discharged xx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bronzewolf 27th October 2011, 3:22 pm

i had to drive 2 hours for my first post op checkup and that was 9 days after my op i was fine but you will have a bit of swelling on your left breast bcs of changing gears.
bronzewolf
bronzewolf
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell025 27th October 2011, 4:24 pm

hi annaleise. i was worried just like you house kids etc etc ... I had unders so was different but didnt drive for two weeks and still had difficulty getting my manual car into reverse. However if I could give you one piece of advice it would be this. Get as organised as you can but take each day at a time. You could sail through and be able to do far more than you would think. just be cautious and mind yourself you will know your own limits very quickly. Best of luck keep us posted and sorry to hear your mam is unwell xxxx
Shell025
Shell025
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 27th October 2011, 8:01 pm

Bronzewolf- 2 hours was quite a drive after just 9 days!!xx

Shell025-Thanks, have been getting as organised as possible today , gonna do some food shopping tomorrow and then spend as much time with my baby girl as possible before i go away for a night, gonna miss her like crazy and feel bad that im not gonna be able to give her usual cuddles for a while but at least i wont be as embarrassed to take her swimming soon xx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ab1982 27th October 2011, 8:18 pm

Hey hun.

Think I was about 10days b4 I felt comfortable to drive....but you have to remember the boot. I could use the gears quite comfortably, but after I put my shopping in the boot I couldn't reach up high enough to close it!!! lol
Luckily I had a friend with me! :)

xxx
ab1982
ab1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 27th October 2011, 9:42 pm

Hi Amyjane lol i hadnt thought about how high the boot was although i would probably not go on my own to begin with, like you saud take a friend or my bf with me for the heavy stuff and stretching :) Your boobies look fantastic by the way Flash x
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ab1982 27th October 2011, 9:49 pm

Thanks hun. Yeah if you take some1 with you - u'll be fine. Just take it easy and only drive when you feel comfortable.
Just send ur man til then...he's got legs and after all what r men 4!! lol

xx
ab1982
ab1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down