Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scar problems

+2
MeMe123
BoobiePrize
6 posters

Go down

Scar problems Empty Scar problems

Post by BoobiePrize 12th July 2010, 6:08 pm

hey girls!

Yesterday a section of my left scar was weeping some pus and blood, I freaked out because after 5 weeks I was not expecting this. As instructed by my surgeon I've been massaging bio oil into my scar since 3 weeks PO and have never seen anything come out of them.

So being a sunday I went to the pharmacy and they gave me some iodine spray and dressings to keep it from infecting although they were quite sure my scar was closed.

Anyway went doctors today and got the all clear as my surgeon is off on annual leave this week. I see him next week Friday for my 6 week check up

My question is... have any of you girls ever had a scar weep and still been OK after or has it always turned into something more?

Thanks
BP
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Scar problems Empty Re: Scar problems

Post by MeMe123 12th July 2010, 7:24 pm

Didn't have anything like that (knock on wood) so have no advice for you but I really hope it will all be ok for you! But if the doctor gave you the all clear I believe chances are that everything should be fine! Scar problems 727885
Wish you the best!
MeMe123
MeMe123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 12th July 2010, 7:39 pm

I never had anything like that either hun, but I kept everything away from my scars until about 8 weeks post op. Maybe it's just a reaction to the bio-oil and it might improve if you leave it for a couple of days.

I know some surgeons advise to start massaging bio-oil into the scars as early as 2 weeks post op, but for some reason it just doesn't sit right with me. My surgeon said the most important thing in avoiding infection is to keep the area completely dry for at least 6 weeks and avoid all wet/moistness on the scars until then. It makes sense when you think that bacteria thrives in moist, hot areas.

If you've been given the all clear, I would've thought you are OK. Was the pus think and yellow or was it that more clear, yellow coloured water? I remember James saying in one post that scars can sometimes leak that serous fluid and not be infected. Has the iodine and dressings improved it a bit?

I honestly think you'll be fine hun. If you're worried, could a different surgeon from the clinic not see you sooner?

Hope it's nothing hunny xxx

xxxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 12th July 2010, 8:06 pm

Thanks girls, yeah it was just clear fluid mixed with blood. It wouldn't have been more than half a teaspoon but it really spooked me out.

Thanks for the reassurance, I'm going to stop dressing it tomorrow so it can breathe, it hasn't happened again since yesterday so I'm hoping its nothing to worry about. plus it doesn't hurt or feel tender to the touch so that's supposed to be good.

Fingers crossed! x
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMe123 12th July 2010, 8:08 pm

Good luck hun.
Let us know what the surgeon says at your next post op! xxx
MeMe123
MeMe123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebabe 12th July 2010, 8:10 pm

i have no advice bp but isisnt it frustrating when we both get this far and something spooks us out, im concerend about a lump on the side of my scar,
something to be kept a eye on like yours
bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 694

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 12th July 2010, 8:18 pm

I can't remember how many weeks post op i was... but I had a little un-disolved stitch which left a hole and had the sort of fluid you describe. It all sorted itself out no problem.

Ax
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 12th July 2010, 8:27 pm

bumblelady wrote:i have no advice bp but isisnt it frustrating when we both get this far and something spooks us out, im concerend about a lump on the side of my scar,
something to be kept a eye on like yours
Yeah its strange lol! My scars are still quite lumpy tho hun, are you massaging yours yet?

Angelpie wrote:I can't remember how many weeks post op i was... but I had a little un-disolved stitch which left a hole and had the sort of fluid you describe. It all sorted itself out no problem.

Ax
Oh, I'm glad to hear that AP! Can't wait for my check up to be sure
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 12th July 2010, 8:51 pm

Hi hun,

I'm sure, like the other girls say, there's nothing to worry about.

I think they say that as long as you don't have a fever and you're not in pain it shouldn't be an infection.

Hope it sorts itself out for you soon.

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 12th July 2010, 8:52 pm

thanks marie Scar problems 571992
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize