Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scar popped

+9
bock
NurseSophie89
hattie260
RoxyChick
BoobiePrize
Jessica
COOKIE
jojo75
MeMe123
13 posters

Go down

Scar popped Empty Scar popped

Post by MeMe123 15th June 2010, 4:29 am

Hey girls,

I just thought I share this with you.
Yesterday when I was massaging my scars with bio oil I suddenly heard and felt a loud pop. Kinda like bubble wrap behind the scar.
Darn that scared the crap out of me. touched the area again and..pop..pop..pop...more bubble wrap. No pain, discoloration or opening of the scar though.

I can tell you I really freaked out and ran to the phone straight away to call the clinic.

Well it turns out its all normal and its the scar tissue that is being broken up..The scar tissue can form blisters, and pocket dead skin, and when you pop it, it's just air pocketed. As long as it doesn't cause pain or even starts bleeding its perfectly fine.

And yes my scar is much less bumpy now as well. I will keep up with the massaging and listening for the pops.

I just really thought it might be a good thing to post in case it happens to someone else and then you don't have to freak out like me and I have not found another threat about this when I searched earlier.
MeMe123
MeMe123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Scar popped Empty Re: Scar popped

Post by jojo75 15th June 2010, 5:50 am

omg i had this happen at the weekend, made me jump out of my skin.
thanks for posting as i've been to worried to touch them again xxx
jojo75
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th June 2010, 6:44 am

Oooo that doesn't sound nice at all!

I see from your details that you're very early in your recovery MeMe, about 3 weeks post-op?

Have you spoken to your clinic about using the bio-oil on your scars babe? did they say it was OK to use it? especially now if you have open wounds again from the blisters as you are still very much at risk of infection hunni and from the advice I know most ladies get, you shouldn't be using anything at all, no lotions, oils or moisturisers at all on your scars till they are fully healed which is usually around the 6 week post op mark hun to prevent infection.

My advice hun would be to stop using the Bio-oil especially now you have open wounds on your incisions and call your clinic and ask their advice on whether they feel it's safe for you to be using the oil this early in your recovery hun. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 15th June 2010, 12:42 pm

I would tend to agree with cookie as well, I was told not to touch my scars at all or get them moist/wet in any circumstance, even to the point of drying them with a hairdryer when I got out the shower and not having baths until 6 weeks post op. xxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMe123 15th June 2010, 2:51 pm

Yes as I mentioned I spoke to them and its all perfectly fine. Nothing at all to worry about. My scars have been completely closed since about 2 weeks and I was told to use the bio oil then. It seems to work well since they are loosing the redness and are looking better by the day.
Thanks for the replies :)
MeMe123
MeMe123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th June 2010, 3:20 pm

Are you sure they said it's OK to use on your scars so early MeMe? Sorry for asking the question, it's just I've not heard of anyone using anything on scars so soon.

I was told at around two weeks post-op I could bio-oil on my 'breasts' but not to go anywhere near my scarring with it.

Now that your scars have open wounds again with the blistering, did they still say it was safe to use bio-oil on them still? xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMe123 15th June 2010, 4:30 pm

My sc ars dont have any open wounds???????
MeMe123
MeMe123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th June 2010, 4:37 pm

Ahhhh, I imagined a 'blister' when popped to have some kind of opening for the fluid to escape - My mistake Scar popped 321562
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 15th June 2010, 8:04 pm

I always thought you had to wait 6 weeks too but at my last check up with my PS (7 days) he told me to start massaging them at 2 weeks then with bio oil at 3 weeks.... I just thought it was because he knew how scar conscious I was
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 15th June 2010, 8:07 pm

I was told not to get anything on them for 6 weeks, I thought this was a general rule, but then again I still had open insicions at three weeks post op.

As long as you're following what your PS advises that's the main thing.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 15th June 2010, 8:14 pm

I have heard of a few people being allowed to put bio oil on scars at 2wks as long as the scar is closed. I think the general rule is 6wks, I was told one month but waited 6wks to be on the safe side. x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 16th June 2010, 2:21 pm

I too had this 'bubble' thingy, still have it a wee bit with my left scar, its most bizzare lol!

On the ward im working on at the min alot of my patients have had open heart surgery and some have this thing called 'surgical ephysema' which is like loadsa little air bubbles under the skin after surgery, it feels like rice crispies crackling! Really freaked me out when i first felt it lol! Just thought id give some totally random info there lol

xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by bock 16th June 2010, 5:23 pm

i never had this but i think it's a good idea to post about it especially if ur ps said it's normal. i too was advised to keep away from any moisturisers for 6 weeks but each person is different xxx
bock
bock
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1910

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 16th June 2010, 5:28 pm

Ooo I never had that either, but I wasn't allowed to touch my scars with anything until 6 weeks post op, even though my scars were closed. I think we are all given different information and 6 weeks is probably a general rule. That would have really freaked me out too.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 16th June 2010, 6:59 pm

i saw the nurse at my 1 week check,and she next time she saw me i should be ok to start using oils on the scars,should have been a 2 week check but cant get in till this weekend
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 16th June 2010, 9:16 pm

Scar popping sounds really scary! I wasn't told anything about my scars - whether to wait 6 weeks or whether it's ok to put oil on them now - nothing was mentioned at all. I will be waiting for 6 weeks though, maybe longer, before I start putting anything on my scars. x
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by KInglis 16th June 2010, 9:52 pm

I am also 3 weeks post op and using Bio oil on the scars!? Now im worried do you think i should stop??

My surgeon told me to moisturise them so i assumed he meant bio oil etc - maybe I should double check??

xxx
KInglis
KInglis
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMe123 19th June 2010, 4:02 am

I think the scars have to be completely closed before you can put anything on them. Once that is the case then it should be ok but its definitely good to check with your surgeon just to be sure. I was told to start using Bio Oil after only 2 weeks but I have always been a quick healer and my scars where completely closed by then. I have to say the Oil seems to work wonder since my scars are really going down so fast. I'm now 4.5 weeks post OP and they are a very pale and ony visible if you look closely which I really love. The buble wrap is gone by now as well. :)
MeMe123
MeMe123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down