Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capsular Contracture

+9
nads
jodi
ShootingStar
dervla1
Jessica
showmethemoni69
COOKIE
zoeb
Skint Sally
13 posters

Go down

Capsular Contracture Empty Capsular Contracture

Post by Skint Sally 16th May 2010, 10:57 pm

Hey ladies,
Need some advice please. I had my implants placed in 2003. I had them done abroad through Burford medical and had several pre-op consults. Happy with them mostly. I requested Mcghans (I'm assuming that is what is inside me!) and although I had some pain on the right initially, after a few weeks they looked great. Until the last 2-3 years.

Back in 2007 I noticed that the right was sitting higher than usual, with the nipple moving to a downward position. Despite having under the muscle placement, and cohesive gel textured implants the dreaded CC was beginning to rear it's ugly head. 3 years on and the left is fine, but the right is very hard and sits much higher and fuller, with my nipple line very assymetrical. If I could go for a redo surgery tomorrow I would. And there's the problem. My circumstances have changed and I cannot afford the costs of surgery neither in the Uk or abroad. I cannot see this changing in the next few years. But with the CC already at stage 4 I'm going to look like a freak very soon if I don't get it corrected.

Has anyone had a delayed CC redo? was it very painful waiting for a long period? Anything I can do to delay CC from getting worse?! Failing that, can anyone recommend me a surgeon in the UK so I can hopefully get a redo in 3-4 years time? (I did research surgeons for my op, but it was too long ago to be relaible now)

Thanks in advance.
Skint Sally
Skint Sally
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Capsular Contracture Empty Re: Capsular Contracture

Post by zoeb 17th May 2010, 4:50 am

Hi Skintsally, welcome to BJSF. I'm sorry I know nothing about this but am sure one of the ladies will be along soon who has some expereince to share xx
zoeb
zoeb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th May 2010, 8:03 am

Welcome to the forum skintsally Capsular Contracture 368291

I'm so sorry to read you have CC hun, I don't think anybody here has left their CC hun, I should imagine it would get quite painful... my only suggestion is that you have a free consultation with a clinic such as Transform or Mya, it won't cost you anything if you go with a view to having the op now (that's just what you say to the PCC in order to get the consultation) you'll be able to get free advice and be able to ask what the risks are leaving the breast as it is.

Good luck hunni and please let us know how you get on. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by showmethemoni69 17th May 2010, 5:24 pm

Hi Skintsally, I had a slight CC for around 3 years, 7 years after having my second BA. It was not painfull but I was consious of it and decided to have revison surgery in March this year. Some people can live with this if not painful......

To prevent my body from having a further CC i was advised to replace my implants with natrelle implants and to have them placed sub muscular as this reduces the risk of this happening again which i had to pay for.

Unfortunaltey this is something we can not stop happening even like ourselves years down the line after having our BA.

Hope this helps

xx
showmethemoni69
showmethemoni69
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 17th May 2010, 9:17 pm

Hi hun, sorry to hear you have CC.

I find it so strange that our boobs can be fine for years and years and then suddenly just develop this awful thing that causes pain and can completely change the look of our precious boobies! Does anyone know if it's anything in particular that causes it? I remember there being some research about surgical dental work causing it, but really it just seems completely random and so unfair. I really do feel for the girls that get it, and you never really can say that you're through the danger period of when you could get it because it can come on any time.

I do hope you manage to get something sorted hun,
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by Skint Sally 17th May 2010, 9:26 pm

Thanks ladies. Have emailed my surgeon, but already been told I'll need a re-do. I just hope that the CC doesn't get painful in the time it will take me to afford it. It's been a slow progression the last few years but the CC has become noticably harder the past few months.
Am becoming very self conscious over it, and being in my mid thirties I should be out finding myself a nice man! But who wants a woman with lopsided fake boobs? :-(
Skint Sally
Skint Sally
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by dervla1 18th May 2010, 7:22 pm

Hi sally, sorry to hear you've got cc. I think we all dread this. I'd my op 4 wks ago and have been taking vit e caps from wk2. I read somewhere they help to soften scar tissue and may help prevent cc (not proven of course). I'll take anything if think it will prevent cc. I know its too late for you now. I'm sorry you're not able to fund your re op at the minute. Maybe your surgeon can help you in some way. I hope so. Take care. x
dervla1
dervla1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 24th May 2010, 6:20 am

What an awful situation for you to be in!! Capsular Contracture Icon_eek

Have you tried contacting the company who you originally went with to see if they can help you with this in any way??

xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by jodi 7th June 2010, 5:00 pm

H skintsally, Im sorry to hear about your situation with the CC. I was wondering if you could go and see your GP and explore the possibility of having a revision surgery on the NHS. It is definatly worth a try. xxx
jodi
jodi
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 8th June 2010, 8:47 pm

Sorry to hear this hun, have you asked our resident surgeon about what will happen while you wait for surgery, he might have some insight. Hope you get it sorted soon x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 7th July 2010, 4:16 pm

Hello everyone - I am new and need to sort out my profile etc...but this topic caught my eye and although it is fairly old now I can still add my bit because I currently have CC in my right breast and have lived with it for 2 years. It actually stopped at Grade 3, so it doesn't always just get worse and worse (some reassurance at least) I am however having a re-op (at my own cost as original op was 13 years ago) and the surgeon has advised on unders this time to reduce my risk.

I went to my GP about the CC and he advised that the NHS would most likely remove my implant BUT not replace it Capsular Contracture 476424 but I also know someone else who got a lump and had their implant removed on the NHS and literally then had transform put a new one in at a reduced price, it took a lot of phonecalls but well worth it!!

Hope this helps!!
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th July 2010, 4:37 pm

It's a great help Charlene and will be valuable information to other ladies going through the same - Thank you for contributing to the thread hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JAB 14th July 2010, 1:17 am

I think i may have cc , but I am not sure my breasts feel painful but have not gotten hard. My right breast seems to sit higher then the other one which is very noticeable when i do not wear a bra! I cannot afford a re op :(
JAB
JAB
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMe123 20th July 2010, 6:30 pm

Hey girls,
I have no experience with CC myself at all but I have done a bit of research on it, as this is one thing that has really scared me from the beginning. So I have read several times about Singulair and Accolate being used for CC in the USA and it seems to have some success. Both are Asthma medications and it also includes some risks taking those so it would definitely have to be under supervision by a doctor. But maybe it is something to bring up with your surgeon? It might help a little in the time you need to safe up for the revision.
MeMe123
MeMe123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMe123 20th July 2010, 6:51 pm

Hmm ok I have just found a bit more about this online and it's not a good idea. The risks are not worth it. One of the risks is liver failure. Better don't try that. Sorry should have seen that earlier.
MeMe123
MeMe123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Breasticles 20th July 2010, 9:47 pm

Hi there Skint Sally

I have just found out last week that I have CC in my right booby and will be having my re-op sometime in the winter. Luckily I will not have to pay as I only had my op last Nov and have 3 years aftercare. I do completely understand how you are feeling about the difference in your boobs and I know how it can affect your life, lack of confidence etc but please try and stay positive and remember this is a great forum and we are all here to support you through the good and bad times.

big Capsular Contracture 948189

xxxx
Breasticles
Breasticles
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down