Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protecting wounds/healing incisions..

+6
hattie260
misf1
eastla
Funkygirl
COOKIE
NurseSophie89
10 posters

Go down

Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. Empty Protecting wounds/healing incisions..

Post by NurseSophie89 11th April 2010, 7:39 pm

Hey ladies, im 7days post op today and i had my dressings removed this morn, pics of my incisions/wounds are on pictrail if u want a look.. they seem to be basically healed but the only thing is now they are uncovered and i feel asthough my sports bra is rubbing on them! Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. Icon_pale Its making me really uncomfortable and worried. I remember there was a thread somewhere on sort of 'padding' the area that rubs but i cant seem to track it down.

So I guess my question is.. what did all you other post op ladies use to stop your sports bra hurting you? Merci xxx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. Empty Re: Protecting wounds/healing incisions..

Post by COOKIE 11th April 2010, 7:41 pm

Cotton wool wadding Sophie, use it as a cushion and it should help hunni. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. Empty Re: Protecting wounds/healing incisions..

Post by Funkygirl 11th April 2010, 7:48 pm

Hi Sophie,

Yes this appears to be a common problem, once the dressing has been taken off, the bra may rub the incisions. I personally used steri strips that my OH got for me from the hospital, I continued using these for an extra 2 weeks after my dressing came off. I found it really difficult to part with my beloved steri strips Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. 70324 they were like my comforters!

My OH then told me that I needed to stop using them as they need to be left uncovered, so I bought a sports bra with a low sitting band that I wore for about a week. This didn't rub the incisions area at all.

I think some of the girls have suggested padding the area out with cotton wool, so that there is a soft barrier between your incisions and bra band, hence no rubbing.

I think someone also mentioned in a post, the use of a sanitary towel. As it has a sticky side, a pad could be attached to the band of the bra, again creating a soft barrier, genius idea really!

Hope this helps hun x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 11th April 2010, 8:44 pm

Wont cotton wool sort of stick to the wounds though?

Funky ive got a steristrip on one half of wound of righty as it hasnt fully closed yet, but i dont feel asthough its providing me much protection. Hmm.. maybe ill try the sanitary towel idea lol!

Thanks girls xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 11th April 2010, 8:47 pm

Can only reiterate what the other girls have said hun - I've been quite fortunate and mine are not rubbing.

So how was the big unveiling today ?! xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 11th April 2010, 8:53 pm

eastla wrote:Can only reiterate what the other girls have said hun - I've been quite fortunate and mine are not rubbing.

So how was the big unveiling today ?! xx

Total anticlimax hun, was expecting my PS to be there but nope, just one of the nurses lol! She said id have 2 ring his secretary in the morn with regards to my review in his outpatient clinic in 4weeks time. Freaking out a little about this as it will be in the outpatients were i had a 6week placement a few months back, so everyone will know me there! Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. Icon_eek But anyways.. wounds arent too bad, just really annoying me, id basically felt back to normal and now i feel like im back to square one being super aware of my boobies! lol im such a moan arent i lol! I keep having 2 double check its you posting since ur avatar has changed, im used to Dorys little face lol, now i get to see your crackin boobies tho, which is just as good if not better haha! xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 11th April 2010, 8:55 pm

NurseSophie89 wrote:Wont cotton wool sort of stick to the wounds though?

Funky ive got a steristrip on one half of wound of righty as it hasnt fully closed yet, but i dont feel asthough its providing me much protection. Hmm.. maybe ill try the sanitary towel idea lol!

Thanks girls xx

I haven't tried cotton wool myself hun, but I know a few girls have tried it and it seemed to work.

I would maybe try the cotton wool or sanitary towel, see how they feel? I laughed too when I heard about the sanitary towel, but if it works it's genius! I'm not sure I would be able to go out in public thou wearing a sanitary towel stuck to my chest Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. 557141 I'd be too scared in case it fell off Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. 375568

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 11th April 2010, 9:00 pm

NurseSophie89 wrote:

Total anticlimax hun, was expecting my PS to be there but nope, just one of the nurses lol! She said id have 2 ring his secretary in the morn with regards to my review in his outpatient clinic in 4weeks time. Freaking out a little about this as it will be in the outpatients were i had a 6week placement a few months back, so everyone will know me there! Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. Icon_eek But anyways.. wounds arent too bad, just really annoying me, id basically felt back to normal and now i feel like im back to square one being super aware of my boobies! lol im such a moan arent i lol! I keep having 2 double check its you posting since ur avatar has changed, im used to Dorys little face lol, now i get to see your crackin boobies tho, which is just as good if not better haha! xx

Ah hun - I only saw the nurse on my 10 day follow up and won't be seeing my surgeon till my 6 week check.

Hmm guessing that could be a little tricky hun but I am sure that it will be ok.. Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. 571992

I know what you mean - I felt like that when the steri strips were put on I didn't want them to fall off as I didn't want to see the scars so was super careful to dry them thoroughly after showering to keep them on as long as possible !!

Maybe you could try a low sitting band sports bra like FunkyGirl, I think cookie recommended it to her and I know they both loved it

haha - I do feel bad for poor Dory being elbowed off the avatar but hey I'm proud of those puppies !!

xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 11th April 2010, 9:05 pm

Funkygirl wrote:
NurseSophie89 wrote:Wont cotton wool sort of stick to the wounds though?

Thanks girls xx

I haven't tried cotton wool myself hun, but I know a few girls have tried it and it seemed to work.

I would maybe try the cotton wool or sanitary towel, see how they feel? I laughed too when I heard about the sanitary towel, but if it works it's genius! I'm not sure I would be able to go out in public thou wearing a sanitary towel stuck to my chest Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. 557141 I'd be too scared in case it fell off Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. 375568

x x

Funky that would be just the sort of thing to happen to me! I remember one time years ago being in burger king with my mum and there were 2 teenage boys in the queue next to use giggling and pointing.. as mum had pulled her purse out a pantyliner had come flying with it and was just sat there on the counter infront of us! Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. 557141 Soo funny!! xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 11th April 2010, 9:05 pm

Oh and eastla.. def be proud of those puppies! Theyre awesome! xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 11th April 2010, 9:06 pm

NurseSophie89 wrote:

Funky that would be just the sort of thing to happen to me! I remember one time years ago being in burger king with my mum and there were 2 teenage boys in the queue next to use giggling and pointing.. as mum had pulled her purse out a pantyliner had come flying with it and was just sat there on the counter infront of us! Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. 557141 Soo funny!! xx

Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. 557141 Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. 557141
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th April 2010, 9:23 pm

I would probably get a bra with a low sitting band, it's so scary when
they take the dressings off and you have to take care with your scars.
Just keep them clean and dry and they will be fine, it's good for them
to be uncovered to heal. padding the band of a close sitting bra will
also help.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 11th April 2010, 9:50 pm

if you are worried about cotton wool sticking you could get some gauze dressing to try and prevent rubbage - but i also think a low sitting band would be your best bet.
x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by xxprincessxx 11th April 2010, 9:52 pm

Sanitary towels work excellently:) fact:)
xxprincessxx
xxprincessxx
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 11th April 2010, 10:45 pm

Hi Sophie!!

I was advised by surgeon and nurse to keep my incisions coverered with 'Micropore' tape, medical grade skin coloured one, for six weeks. Surgeon applied at first check up after a week and gave me a roll of it for use at home. My incisions were great from day one, internal dissolvible stitching, however, apparently the tape heals and flattens scarring, also enables the skin to stretch better with the expanding breast skin.

Worked for me...worth a try, it also prevents bra from rubbing and is waterproof to enable you to shower without worrying.

Hope that is some help

Happy Healing
Mia x Protecting wounds/healing incisions.. 321562
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistydinlv 12th April 2010, 3:40 am

The only thing that will help and that won't increase your risk of infection is a low band sports bra. I wish I had known that before I purchased like 10 sports bras that ALL irritated my incisions. After 2wks post BA, my PS said I could put neosporin ointment on them twice a day which I've been doing. I go on Tuesday to get the scar cream.
Mistydinlv
Mistydinlv
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by jet350 12th April 2010, 8:43 am

I used gauze dressing's I just folded them in half and put them in my bra over my incisions. It worked for me. HTH

Jxx
jet350
jet350
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 12th April 2010, 12:31 pm

Thanks for all the advice ladies. In the end i tried funky and princesses idea! Two sanitary towels and i have to say, woah did they help! They are the perfect thing for padding it out! Just dunno if i'll go out in public with them on haha! xxx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down