Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruptured implants - how often & who pays?

+3
COOKIE
BumbleBee48
thinkingaboutit2010
7 posters

Go down

Ruptured implants - how often & who pays? Empty Ruptured implants - how often & who pays?

Post by thinkingaboutit2010 10th April 2010, 1:28 pm

Hi girls Ruptured implants - how often & who pays? 368291

I'm just looking for info please. How many of you have had ruptured implants? What was the cause (if you know)? And who pays for them replacing? Does this vary by brand of implant? What are the odds of it happening and do they get worse the longer you keep them in?

I'm still thinking about a BA and want to make sure I have not only all the info, but have heard from people who have been through it.

Any info, stories, links to stuff I can read most welcome.

TIA
thinkingaboutit2010
thinkingaboutit2010
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Ruptured implants - how often & who pays? Empty Re: Ruptured implants - how often & who pays?

Post by BumbleBee48 10th April 2010, 2:22 pm

Ruptured implants - how often & who pays? 368291 Hiya
I had a rupture years ago, i had 425cc hp and one ruptured quite quickly so although they tried to say i must have banged myself, even asked has i been involved in a car crash (erm think i would have remembered banging myself that hard or being in a crash!!!!) they conceeded that it must have happened while they where putting it in. They replaced them free of charge, and they lasted many years.
I have nagor in now (re op 1st April) and they have a life time guarantee (for the implant) though im not sure who would pay for the hospital etc I guess it would depend on the time scale, though im hoping they wont need doing through rupture.
pips have a higher rupture rate though with whats just happened i dont think anyone will be using them now. I dont know about the others i think they are all much or a muchness.
Good luck with your decision.
Sharon xx
BumbleBee48
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Ruptured implants - how often & who pays? Empty Re: Ruptured implants - how often & who pays?

Post by COOKIE 10th April 2010, 2:40 pm

^^ What make of implant was it that ruptured for you Bumblebee?

I have Allergan CUIs. It was three years after having them fitted that a rupture was detected on the left implant.

It wasn't caused by any trauma to the breast whatsoever - I was told I was just extremely unlucky.

I was covered (just) by Transform for ruptures by my three year after-care policy so all hospital fees and surgeon costs were covered. A replacement implant or larger implants would also have been provided for free, however, I didn't want larger implants and was told by my surgeon that the rupture had expanded my breast and a replacement would not fix that, but would remedy the rupture, the only way to fix the damage would be for me to have an uplift and smaller implants, the smaller implants were not free from the company, but my surgeon gave them to me for free.

So I got free hospital costs, implants and surgeon, but had to pay £3,000 for the uplift.

I'm told it's extremely rare for ruptures to occur although as Bumblebee said, there did seem to be an exceptionally high rate from the PIP implants but this is now being adressed and the implants no longer used. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BumbleBee48 10th April 2010, 2:49 pm

Hi cookie,
I really dont know it was some years ago (about 8/9 now) I had them done at transform and to be honest didnt get any info at all about the implants. Things have changed quite a bit since then, for the better. I have all the info from this time and was included in the decision for what make. My ps did say that the old implants he took out where not pips but didnt say what they where.
I was only about 3/4 months down the line when i realised as one suddenly appeared much smaller and saggier. They where quite rude with me at first (until hubby lost his temper) as soon as the ps saw me it all changed and they couldnt do enough. They did replace them with bigger ones as i complained that they where saggy and he had said implant alone would fix it, he said bigger ones would but they where just bigger but still saggy Ruptured implants - how often & who pays? 557141
Not now though, smaller implants and uplift.
it sounds as if yours had done some damage, i think i was lucky as it was so noticable straight away.
xx
BumbleBee48
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkingaboutit2010 10th April 2010, 3:13 pm

Thanks for the info girls. The Spire hospital I'm thinking of only uses Allergan (the FDA approved ones) or Nagor. Basically only FDA approved implants which both have a life-time guarantee, but I'm wondering what exactly 'lifetime' is. Their aftercare package isn't limited to x years either, again, it's lifetime.

Any more info would be really helpful.
thinkingaboutit2010
thinkingaboutit2010
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 10th April 2010, 11:54 pm

thinkingaboutit2010 wrote:Thanks for the info girls. The Spire hospital I'm thinking of only uses Allergan (the FDA approved ones) or Nagor.

Hey hun, double check the type of Allergan implants your hospital uses because only one type they have made is FDA approved and it's not widely used. If it's the CUI or the soft touch (the most popular Allergan implants), I think I'm right in saying they're not FDA approved.

Good luck researching hun, this is the most fun part! xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th April 2010, 5:30 am

If it's only FDA approved implants you want you should also be aware that Nagor are also not FDA approved. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sexybum 11th April 2010, 7:26 am

Hi I have Allergan Natrelle implants and paid more for them, I'm completely covered for ruptured implants Ruptured implants - how often & who pays? 727935 !
Good for my peace of mind anyhow!

x x
sexybum
sexybum
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkingaboutit2010 11th April 2010, 9:50 am

Thanks girls. The PS only uses FDA-approved implants and I checked that they were the Allergan ones which have the approval. Maybe I got Nagor wrong, he did mention another brand and I thought it was that. Nevermind, he mentioned it because he changed from using it as he thinks he gets a more natural result with the Allergan ones.

The surgeon also passed Snake's test about the three types of dual plane positions. He actually went on to tell me more about the guy who did the study, how he presented to BAPRAS a few years ago and how he's a complete anal-retentive Ruptured implants - how often & who pays? 70324

How are yours feeling Sexybum? I see it's only been 2 weeks since your op.
thinkingaboutit2010
thinkingaboutit2010
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th April 2010, 10:27 am

thinkingaboutit2010 wrote:Thanks girls. The PS only uses FDA-approved implants and I checked that they were the Allergan ones which have the approval. Maybe I got Nagor wrong, he did mention another brand and I thought it was that

I think Spire also use 'Mentor' hun, which as well as the Allergan Inspiras are also FDA approved. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkingaboutit2010 11th April 2010, 4:45 pm

Thanks Cookie, those are the ones.
thinkingaboutit2010
thinkingaboutit2010
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sexybum 11th April 2010, 7:54 pm

How are yours feeling Sexybum? I see it's only been 2 weeks since your op.[/quote]

Hi hun,
Mine are feeling pretty good, I've been told to 'stroke' gently downwards and inwards and they feel quite soft. I can even push them together and get a really great cleavage Ruptured implants - how often & who pays? 557141 , so far I'm pleased with them babe!

x x
sexybum
sexybum
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkingaboutit2010 11th April 2010, 8:02 pm

Good luck with the stroking Ruptured implants - how often & who pays? 557141 !! I had heard that massage is good for the swelling.

I have a friend who's had a reduction and who is still 'stroking' them nearly 9 months on. Apparently she was told to continue for quite some time. Whatever floats your boat!!

Glad you're doing okay. Thanks for the info
thinkingaboutit2010
thinkingaboutit2010
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake 16th April 2010, 3:11 pm

The surgeon also passed Snake's test about the three types of dual plane
positions.

Glad to hear that!
Snake
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkingaboutit2010 16th April 2010, 6:13 pm

Wow! Didn't think you'd be looking at the forum in that much detail!
Thanks for the pointer on that. I was pretty impressed with the surgeon, but him giving me a full explanation of the dual plane position (including the info that apparently there were originally 16 placements but Tebbit decided this was too many so worked it down to three for his paper) just cemented my feeling he knows exactly what he's talking about. It's Mr Majumder at Spire Leeds if you know anything relevant Snake? (crosses fingers)
thinkingaboutit2010
thinkingaboutit2010
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy_moo 22nd April 2010, 10:45 am

hi, ive just joined the forum

i had a ba 7yrs ago, and one ruptured last yr, but i've had to save up all year for a re-op as my original surgeon was struck off Ruptured implants - how often & who pays? Icon_eek

when i had my re-op, my new surgeon said he'd never seen anything like it...the implant had just totally disintegrated, and i was in theatre over 3hrs so he could remove it all....i had an uplift at the same time this time as well

i was absoulutely furious tht i'd paid out all that money only 7yrs ago, and then had to do it all over again Ruptured implants - how often & who pays? 852192
mandy_moo
mandy_moo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkingaboutit2010 22nd April 2010, 4:03 pm

OMG Mandy. Hope you've recovered okay? Who was your surgeon and what company did you go through? I hadn't considered that possibility.
thinkingaboutit2010
thinkingaboutit2010
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy_moo 22nd April 2010, 4:49 pm

i used a surgeon called gustav aniansson in cambridge. he was the one that was in all the papers for killing the footballers wife, and from what i can read on the net, he went back to sweden and is still blooming operating!!!

the frightening thing is, now i've looked, theres literally thousands of lawsuits going on against him, but because he's left the country, i had no come-back.
mandy_moo
mandy_moo
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkingaboutit2010 22nd April 2010, 6:12 pm

Gosh, guess you have to be grateful you're mainly okay then.

Hope you're doing alright after your re-aug xx
thinkingaboutit2010
thinkingaboutit2010
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy_moo 22nd April 2010, 6:39 pm

thanks hun... xx
mandy_moo
mandy_moo
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down