Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftercare Issues...

+12
MarieMc85
eastla
pinkbabe
Funkygirl
laetitia
kirsti
Jessica
COOKIE
Tilly
misf1
RoxyChick
kate1977
16 posters

Go down

Aftercare Issues... Empty Aftercare Issues...

Post by kate1977 26th March 2010, 6:28 pm

Aftercare Issues... 368291 Hi everyone !!! Pleased to let you know am feeling much better today (still tender) but bearable and haven't even had one painkiller all day and even had good sleep last night. Still feel really really tired though.

Anyway I was just wondering what most peoples aftercare has been like initially after their op. I went with MYA and haven't received one phonecall yet since my op and I haven't even been given any appointment for 7 days post op ?!?! Is this usually what happens? If they don't phone me till Monday now with it being the weekend this won't give me any time to arrange childcare to attend any appointment - Am really quite annoyed now ..... xxx
kate1977
kate1977
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Aftercare Issues... Empty Re: Aftercare Issues...

Post by RoxyChick 26th March 2010, 6:34 pm

Hey lovely,

I can't remember the exact sequence but I had a check up a week after my op. I think it was booked when I got the date for my admission but not too sure.

I'd call them if you don't hear 5 days post op as you'll need to be checked up to see if your incisions are sealing.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 26th March 2010, 6:39 pm

I'd give them a ring, to see when they'd like to see you, they do usually ring people to check up on them after their op. Just let them know your not too happy with not receiving a call. You should have had one off a nurse from the clinic where you had your op the day after and your PC a few days after, it's the norm for most places.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly 26th March 2010, 6:43 pm

Glad you are feeling better. I got my appointment given to me yesterday when I left the hosptial, it for next Wednesday. I would give them a ring to check if I were you.
Tilly
Tilly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th March 2010, 7:37 pm

Definately call the clinic Kate, I was called by the clinic nurse the day after I got home to arrange an appointment. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 26th March 2010, 7:49 pm

I had my week post-op appointment booked at my pre-op appointment? Something might be amiss there, I would call your PC tomorrow and see whats happening hun, maybe something just got missed. Glad you're feeling better today! xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by kirsti 26th March 2010, 7:52 pm

yeah i would call hon. My post op has already been arranged at the pre op. xxxx
kirsti
kirsti
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by laetitia 26th March 2010, 7:55 pm

I had 3 follow up appointement book before the op, I def would give them a call
xxx
laetitia
laetitia
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 26th March 2010, 8:30 pm

I was given my appointment card with the date and time for my 7 day check up at discharge and was also called 4 days later by the lady at Mybreast who had been dealing with me from the start, just to check I was okay and everything went well.

I would definately call them, I'm pretty sure the wounds need to be checked around the 7 day mark or thereabouts.

X x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 26th March 2010, 8:33 pm

I agree with the others hun give them a call to find out. I cant remember properly now but I think my first PO appointment was made before my op at the pre op session. They never called me either, but I did get given the emergency number just incase. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 27th March 2010, 5:17 pm

I had a 10 day and 6 week appointment booked up and confirmed by My Breast before the surgery day.

You should give them a call hun, I agree it's not the best customer care but you don't want to miss your follow appointment

xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 27th March 2010, 5:31 pm

Hi,

What the girls are saying sounds right.

I was given my first post op check (which was at 10 days with the nurse) before my op.

I didn't receive a call from Transform though to check I was ok, which I was a bit annoyed about, but I was supplied with all of the emergency numbers. Apparently your Patient Co-Oridnator is supposed to call you but I never heard from mine again after I had my op!

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by lea1983 27th March 2010, 10:07 pm

AS iVE SAID IN PM HUN ITS NOT ON i WAS CALLED TWICE AND MY POST OP WAS BOOKED AT PRE-OP KICK UP A STINK XXXXXX
lea1983
lea1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistydinlv 30th March 2010, 2:57 am

I guess its different in the UK cuz in the states your next visit after surgery is 2-3 days later. If you get done on a friday like me, then most likely your visit will be monday. Thats when I had the drains removed and then my next visit was a week later to remove the strips over my incisions. Thats when they taught me to massage but told me not to start it until my 2wk mark. Im coming in tomorrow at my own request to have the PS look at the swelling in my left breast and make sure its normal cuz Im paranoid....Lol! After that my next visit is at the 4wk mark to get the scar cream. Sorry I just rambled on........
Mistydinlv
Mistydinlv
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by laetitia 30th March 2010, 5:35 am

Hi Kate hope everything going well,
keep us updated
xxx
laetitia
laetitia
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by sexybum 30th March 2010, 8:07 am

Hi Kate,

On being discharged with The Hospital Group I was provided with a personalised folder with all my information supplied including implant details, warranty card, post-op info, G.P letter and follow-up appointment letter for next Tuesday (10days post-op) for suture removal. I am really pleased with the information they gave me, I havnt had a phone-call but don't really feel its necessary as I have all the emergency and normal contact numbers should I need them.

I would definitely contact them if you havn't done so already!

Chris
x
sexybum
sexybum
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 30th March 2010, 9:16 am

mine was at 1 week post op then 3 months post op then 1 year mine was very good surgeon even gave me his card who did yours what surgeon?mya have bad rep so this dsnt suprise me
hope u get it sorted
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by kate1977 30th March 2010, 9:17 am

Hi - I was given a book by the nurse with implant details and warranty card and GP letter. I phoned MYA over the appt I have never received as per everyone's advice they apologised and stated that the nurse should have made this with me at my pre-op.

i am now getting seen today at 3pm and as they messed me about they have agreed to see me in Liverpool to save me travelling to Manchester.......still no phonecall from anyone though!! Am not too bothered about this but I just think it is a bit rude when you pay all that money and after the event ......nothing !!! x

Thanks for all your advice girls xx
kate1977
kate1977
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kate1977 30th March 2010, 9:20 am

natalia wrote:mine was at 1 week post op then 3 months post op then 1 year mine was very good surgeon even gave me his card who did yours what surgeon?mya have bad rep so this dsnt suprise me
hope u get it sorted
xxx

Hi hun - Wasn't really happy that I had to chase them over the appt therefore practically making it myself and not too happy that they haven't seen fit to phone when they take all your money fast enough and seem to be able to phone you in the run up to the op!!!! Not overly bothered though - just bad manners I think! My surgeon was Gary Traynor and I was really happy with him just not the aftercare from the so called patient co-ordinator!! x
kate1977
kate1977
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th March 2010, 9:25 am

kate1977 wrote:i am now getting seen today at 3pm and as they messed me about they have agreed to see me in Liverpool to save me travelling to Manchester

That's great Kate! Hope the appointment goes well hun. Let us know how it goes. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

Back to top Go down

Post by kate1977 30th March 2010, 9:28 am

Will do Cookie xxxx
kate1977
kate1977
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 30th March 2010, 9:28 am

i agree it is bad manners hope everything goes ok
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down