Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complaint decision back

+7
mum23boys
mrsm
mariajw
eastla
COOKIE
misf1
sars3dd
11 posters

Go down

complaint decision back Empty complaint decision back

Post by sars3dd 27th January 2010, 5:49 pm

well got my decision letter from the nhs, they have covered themselves big time. Said they cant find my notes, they wont change there offer of one implant to 2. They said that it is now noted in my notes that i have been offered one implant and they no matter what surgeon i see in the nhs it will not change.
I have fought back tears all day and looking forward to my girls going to bed so i can finally just break down.
so i either take the one implant, still have completely different breasts or i dont and still have different breasts. I cant get a part time job cause i have no one to take my children and by the time i paid child care i'd be working for nothing. I have asked all my family, tried to get a loan but i cant get one. I am mentally drained now and i am finding it hard to keep control and not just completely loose it x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

complaint decision back Empty Re: complaint decision back

Post by misf1 27th January 2010, 6:01 pm

i'm so sorry. I dont really know what to say. The only thing i would suggest is writing to ur local mp. Try the citizens advice and just do whatever u can to stay strong.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 27th January 2010, 6:27 pm

I wrote to my local mp and the minister of health at the scottish parliment at the same time the complaint went in to be told they understand my frustration (yeh am sure they do) and that the are glad the matter was brought to there attention but it rests with th nhs
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th January 2010, 6:42 pm

I totally and absolutely understand your upset hun complaint decision back 571992 I had to fight Transfor for my re-op to correct the rupture I had and they would only offer for free to replace the ruptured implant, this would have left me with completely dofferent brests after due to the amount of damage the rupture had done to my left breast and like you I was devasted at the thought but wouldn't give up, fortunately for me though, I did have something I could fall back on and was able to fund the fees Transform wanted to give me back the symmetry I had pre-rupture.

Honestly babe, if I were you and that was all that was on the table for me and I had done all I could to fight this, I would take the implant offered. You then if you choose to need only to find the funds to pay for the other breast to be augmentated bringing the cost of your perfect boobies half way there.

I know that might sound like a ridiculous suggestion right now and you need time to digest what has been offered to you and whether you can accept it, I see you asked the surgeon here for his advice too, you do right to question everything before making any decisions sweetness.

I truely hope the NHS back down and agree to helping you, but if they don't hun, it might be worthwhile considering what I suggested and then finding some possible way to raise the remainder of the money.

Good luck hun! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 27th January 2010, 6:47 pm

Am so sorry hun, I wish there was something I could say or suggest to help complaint decision back 571992

xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 27th January 2010, 10:11 pm

thank you ladies. I am in a bit of a mess, dont know if i should cry now or laugh about it all. xxx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 27th January 2010, 10:28 pm

Hi hun, just thought I'd mention from my experience of working in a target driven (don't care about the quality) government agency. If you complain enough, and complain to everyone. Get a good case together ie maybe see a private surgeon (free) and ask him to note down what he would do. Or as James McDiarmid said show that the cost would not be that much more for a 2nd implant. Write to the hospital or your GP and ask for all your medical records (might cost a small fee) they have to provide you with everything (you might get a copy of your notes). All I know is if you keep on eventually they (in my experience) give in. Unless they have an extremley good reason not to, which they don't. They also tend to hate the media being involved.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 27th January 2010, 10:55 pm

Awww, hunni. I really feel for you. What MisF1 has says seems a really good idea.

Sorry I can't offer any other words of wisdom, but just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you.

Maria
Hug
xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 28th January 2010, 11:31 am

So sorry to hear this Sarah, I don't know what to suggest other than to agree with what misf said, get private surgeons opinions if you can, to present to them, and carry on complaining.

One thing I did think, when misf1 said they don't like media attention, is I read a few months ago (in cheap magazines and I think she was on telly too) about a woman who was trying to get a re-op with one company but they were refusing, and because she made her story public, another company stepped in and did her surgery for free, so they could get some good publicity from her obviously.
So perhaps if you're brave enough to go a bit more public with your story, one of the private companys could get involved for you. Hope that makes sense!
Or it might shame the nhs in to action.

I'm so sorry for you, you've had such a long wait already x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 28th January 2010, 9:04 pm

I think i am now at the point where I am fed up with the the whole NHS. My ex's mother in law is set for 5th re-op and a woman a few streets down from me has just had 2 implants due to having A cup breasts from the same hospital i am attending.
Its just a joke, it seem to be a hit or miss what day and what surgeon you see. If i had small boobs i wouldn't mind but these are really bad. Think it is time to take action cause i couldn't handle knowing other woman are going through this x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 29th January 2010, 6:02 pm

Sorry to hear this hun, was wondering if you coplained to your local nhs trust or if you went higher?

Just in case you're not aware you can challenge the trusts handling of your case through the nhs ombudsman.

x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 30th January 2010, 8:43 am

Got my letter typed up for them so thats getting sent off on monday. Dont think it will make any difference though. I am now getting fed up writing letters, my poor wrist hurts lol xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 30th January 2010, 8:55 am

A legal letter might have more impact hun, go to the CAB or something similar, then when they get it they'll know you mean business.

How long's your letter?
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 31st January 2010, 8:59 pm

my letter is 2 pages long. lol.
I am seeing my psychologist again tomorrow in the hope she can back me up. I have wrote letters to about 8 surgeons in scotland asking if they would be able to help me out by seeing me and writing down what they think is best for me. If none of them will i'll book with transform and see surgeon. xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 1st February 2010, 11:20 am

Sounds like you're making a good start, hope you hear back from them that they're willing to help. You might as well see transform anyway tho, seeing as thier consults are free? or is it further to travel?
good luck x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 1st February 2010, 8:33 pm

I was thinking about seeing transform but i feel guilty about seeing them when i know i cant afford it, i know that sounds daft doesn't it?
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 5th February 2010, 9:42 pm

If i was you and you don't get anywhere with appeals etc i would go with the one implant and if they are still very different then they have to do the other for you don't they, they can't give you one implant and make them different still, they have to do a reasonable job and a difference of one cup size or more is not a reasonable job and would need sorting out, and you never know they may just do the two there and then if they realise one is not going to do the job properly, try and feel more positive, you will be a whole lot better inside and cope alot easier too chick, good luck x
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 6th February 2010, 9:32 am

sars3dd wrote:so i either take the one implant, still have completely different breasts
I dont think they would offer you that if it would still leave you with two different breasts, I would take what is offered and go from there, or save up x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 6th February 2010, 7:36 pm

well i have started saving. just incase things dont go write with the nhs. x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 9th March 2010, 10:12 am

so sorry to hear this hun why has he said just one implant?could u not save might take a few years but its worth it
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 29th March 2010, 6:46 pm

hiya natalia,sorry for just replying now. I am still trying to fight this with the nhs but going about it in the right way. Just a case of waiting now. I am trying to save which isn't easy with just one wage and 3 kids to look after. Love your profile pic, they look amazing x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down