Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I told my mum and dad today!

+5
sunbeam82
fluffy_bunn1e
pinkbabe
nads
Grace
9 posters

Go down

I told my mum and dad today! Empty I told my mum and dad today!

Post by Grace 3rd January 2010, 2:43 pm

Hi Girls I told my mum and dad today! 368291

As some of you know I was so scared about telling my mum and dad (especially my dad who I fear a bit) about my decision to have a boob job this year, currently looking at March/April.
Today I went to see them to pick up some xmas presents and decided before I went I was going to tell them what with xmas and the new year now out of the way.

I was so so nervous and a bit shaky but was determined I was not going to cry! So I said "I'm going to have some time off in March because I'm having an operation on my boobs" and they were like to have what done and I said to make them a bit more fuller and bigger and they just looked at eachother in silence across the room!
They basically asked me questions about it, the actual thought processes around why I want it done rather than what the op actually entails. They both dont approve and I said that I knew that would be the case. They both said it is my decision though which I thought was good.

My mum said if I have the money to spend on that then why dont I spend it on the house my OH and I have been renovating over the last 2 years! I was like its not really the same thing and the house will get done eventually, starting this week actually!
My dad its a shame that even intelligent girls like me get influenced by the media and think that I need something doing or changing when I dont. He wants me to park the idea for now and then come back to it in 6 - 12 months and if I still want it then to do it then.

Sorry for the essay and would love to hear your thoughts!
I am waiting for my PS to answer some outstanding questions I have and then I think I am still going to book it for March/April. I feel like its a weight off my mind but am still a bit worried because I know they arent completely happy with it, obviously I knew that would be the case mind you!
Lots of love I told my mum and dad today! 321562
Grace
xxx
Grace
Grace
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 605

Back to top Go down

I told my mum and dad today! Empty Re: I told my mum and dad today!

Post by nads 3rd January 2010, 3:30 pm

Hi hun, my mum said the same thing, 'wait until 6 months and see if you still want it' to which i replied 'no way' I told my mum and dad today! 557141 as i've wanted boobs for 10 years now so 6 months isnt going to change anything!
I never told my dad about my BA as there was no need as he lives far away plus it would be too awkward. I would just do what you feel is right x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 3rd January 2010, 3:43 pm

I've been saying I wanted my boobs done since I was 16/17 started out as abit of a joke but when I got to 21 I knew it was deffinatly something I wanted and didnt want to wait years for. I had my ba last year in july (at 23) and I honestly think its one of the best things I have ever done!

When I first use to talk about it my mum would tell me not to be so silly and I never really mentioned it to my dad until I was booking it but I'm sure my mum would have said something.

If it is something you have been thinking about for a long time and you know its what you really want then I dont think waiting another 6months will make any difference to you at all hun. People kept saying to me wait and see if your body changes blahhh blahh.... but I knew at 23 my natual boobs werent gonna change so waiting would not have helped me in any way.

Is you OH suppotive of you having a ba? If so then I would say go for it. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 3rd January 2010, 3:54 pm

well one hun, see t wasnt a sba as you thought, eh.
My mum, OH and few of my friends didnt want me to have it done, but the more i talked about it the more my mum realised i was serious, i think my mum had visions of me ending up like Jordan, which i def dont look like ive ha mine done.

whe they realise your not gunna budge they ll support you, my OH and mum didnt want me to do it, but at end of the day they were with me and helped me after .
all the best xxx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by sunbeam82 3rd January 2010, 5:34 pm

Hi, my mum and dad were completely against the idea of having elective surgery especially as I had never mentioned it before. Only didn't mention it because there wasn't any point before it was something that I was actually going to do. They did come round to the idea once they realised I was serious and nothing they could say would change my mind. After the operation they both visited me in hospital and my mum said they looked nice the other day! Good luck and do it for yourself. I barely spoke to my parents in the month before because I was fed up of hearing the same things!
sunbeam82
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace 3rd January 2010, 6:27 pm

Thanks for all your supportive girls I told my mum and dad today! 948189
Its so good knowing that all of you are on here.
I am actually even more excited about my BA since I posted earlier!
Lots of love
G
xxx
Grace
Grace
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kerry 5th January 2010, 4:31 pm

hey grace ive just read your post.
i only told my mum as she is so easy going and we are more like best mates than mother and daughter, but i never dared tell my dad as i knew he would give me so much ear ache over it, he is very old fashioned i remeber when i wanted a perm when i was 14 he didnt agree with that!! lol
instead the day of my opp just as i was going down to theatre my mum told my dad! i spoke to him over the phone after my surgery he was abit miffed he was the last to know but understood the reasons why we never told him, he said "as long as your ok and happy thats all that matters...but i would have gave you some sh!t if i had known before" lol xx
kerry
kerry
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 5th January 2010, 5:05 pm

Well done for telling them, it's a really hard thing to do.

I think we all fear our parents disapproval.

x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by Claireyfairey 5th January 2010, 5:31 pm

I have told my mum and when I did she wasn't impressed and was saying how people these days have surgery too easily and what would I want doing after the boobs (she thinks once I have surgery i'll start picking other bits I don't like) but that's rediculous as just going for the boobs terrifies me! She even said to me she hopes I have wrote a will as she thinks i'll die! I know she's worried but she doesn't need to say that to me! I haven't told my dad I feel like I want to because some friends etc know but I just feel weird talking about boobs to him but he see's me a lot so he'll know something has happened once it's done if i'm in pain, etc.
Have you booked anything yet? I'm getting mine done next week so excited but really nervous xx
Claireyfairey
Claireyfairey
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace 6th January 2010, 8:16 am

Claireyfairey wrote:I have told my mum and when I did she wasn't impressed and was saying how people these days have surgery too easily and what would I want doing after the boobs (she thinks once I have surgery i'll start picking other bits I don't like) but that's rediculous as just going for the boobs terrifies me! She even said to me she hopes I have wrote a will as she thinks i'll die! I know she's worried but she doesn't need to say that to me! I haven't told my dad I feel like I want to because some friends etc know but I just feel weird talking about boobs to him but he see's me a lot so he'll know something has happened once it's done if i'm in pain, etc.
Have you booked anything yet? I'm getting mine done next week so excited but really nervous xx

I havent booked anything yet lovely as need a third opinion as 2 surgeons have advised different placements (I have posted about this already this week as it has freaked me out!) Once I have a third opinion I will be able to book I think, basically I wanna have overs and not unders and my original surgeon who I was going to go with has now said unders to me and its completely thrown me as another surgeon said overs without a doubt!
Good luck for your op cant wait to hear all about it!
Grace
xxx I told my mum and dad today! 113752
Grace
Grace
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 6th January 2010, 9:52 am

Good on you for getting it out in the open! I know how hard it is telling parents. Mine were not happy about it one bit to say the least.

My dad didn't speak to me on my operation day and neither the day after. Never asked how I got on or anything. But it wasn't until he saw how hurt I was that he was being so cold that he was better with me.

Now it's like i've never been through with it and I'm glad. They will warm to the idea. X
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by Claireyfairey 6th January 2010, 10:34 am

Yeah Grace I noticed your other post after I wrote that :) hopefully you'll get sorted soon :) i'm getting scared now, hopefully the snow will stop coz I have to fly from the Isle of Man to Liverpool for mine xx
Claireyfairey
Claireyfairey
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down