Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officially told Mom today

+7
Victoria2345
Ktwin2
Vix85
COOKIE
Lisa34
Nicole
Princessjo30
11 posters

Go down

Officially told Mom today Empty Officially told Mom today

Post by Princessjo30 9th May 2013, 4:07 pm

So I've dropped hints in the past that I want my boobs done and my Mom has just rolled her eyes and changed the subject. I decided to tell her it was booked today and she was far from impressed. She thinks I'm going to regret it and thinks its unnecessary and even put a little blame on my husband, she said I can't believe he has agreed to let you do this
:doh:

Hopefully she will come round when she has had some time to get used to the idea x
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Officially told Mom today Empty Re: Officially told Mom today

Post by Nicole 9th May 2013, 4:16 pm

Awww Hun I'm sorry she wasnt supportive. I think it can be hard for mums because of the risks involved and also in their eyes you're perfect as you are. Do you feel you want more support from your mum or are you happy to leave things as they are? X
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 9th May 2013, 4:22 pm

To be honest I don't need her support but i would have liked it , i didn't think she would react badly. I think the reason she does not like the idea is because she had breast cancer 2 years ago and she is worried maybe?

I'm not gonna mention it for a few days, ill let her get her head around it and she will talk to me about it when she is ready to talk about it
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 9th May 2013, 4:33 pm

That sounds like a good idea, to give your mum time to get her head around things! She's probably just worried for you, and people that havnt had the body issues that most of us have, they just don't understand why we would want to do that! I hope she comes around, but ultimately it is your body hun x good luck xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 9th May 2013, 4:45 pm

I know Lisa. I'm sure she will come round, she is not normally like that, she is very laid back I think it was just a shock as I don't think she ever expected me to actually go ahead with it. Thank you xx
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th May 2013, 5:13 pm

She's a mum sweetheart.... Her reaction to protect you was perfectly normal..

I know when my own daughter approached me (i had the big C too in my 20s) and said she was thinking about having a BA. My head was in a spin - to me, shes perfection! and although I wasn't negative at all toward her I did feel protective and sent her here to the girls to get impartial advise as I would have happily wrapped her in cotton wool forever... But to her at that time, she just wasn't happy. I knew that and as a grown woman i had to take that step back and allow her to be herself. I had my life and made my own choices and it was time to let go and let her be free to live hers how she chose to....she got great help here and I did support her. She did however change her own mind after advise from a surgeon.

You're right to give your mum time babe. Hopefully she'll come around, but if not, you sound like a strong woman who knows herself and knows what she wants.

I think its nice that you've told your mum but this surgery is for you. It bares no impact at all on your mums life, this is all about you sweetheart, so the hard part is over now... You just enjoy the build up to your surgery date babe, if your mum has a problem just keep in mind that its 'her' problem and not yours, but don't fall out of this... We're all entitled to opinions, just as your mum is entitled to hers... You don't have to agree but after some time to think, maybe your mum will then be willing to listen to your opinion and 'your' reasons why this is the right thing for you hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix85 9th May 2013, 6:04 pm

princess, I have just six weeks left and still haven't told her. She doesn't like the idea from previous conversations. It must be a relief to have told your mum. I'm slowly plucking up the courage to do it. but hopefully she'll understand how much it means to get it done as I'm sureyours will too xx
Vix85
Vix85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktwin2 9th May 2013, 6:41 pm

You girls are brave. I came home from my surgery and literally said 'mum I got my boobs done today'. She just said I didn't need to do it and I said my body wasn't in proportion, and she said 'no ones body is in proportion' and I could see she was about to go into a lecture so I just said 'well its done now, anyway I'm sore so i'm going to lay down' and after that she just looked after me and helped me rest and bought me lots of fruit and veg. I was very lucky, I was expecting a MUCH worse reaction!! Don't worry, your mum will come round, like you said, you just got to give her time to get her head round it. xx
Ktwin2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 9th May 2013, 8:07 pm

I hope your mum comes around in few days. Im the opposite of you as my mum is completely supportive.....ok I gave her a flash wiv nipples covered an said look im lopsided! Lol so she understands why I want mine done x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 9th May 2013, 8:22 pm

Aww I am sure she will come round hun. My mum was the same went in to one about me not needing it done and worrying about all the risks and complications, but she came round to the idea eventually! And now she can now see the change in me and thinks they look lovely.
Fingers crossed for you hun.
xx
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 9th May 2013, 8:37 pm

Thanks ladies xx

Well I received a txt off my Mom an hour ago to say sorry she was so negative earlier, she loves me and will support me whatever I choose to do in my life. dance

She came round quicker than I thought, but I knew she would as she is normally supportive, i think she was just a little shocked xx
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 9th May 2013, 8:40 pm

Aww thats good! Like you said probably just the shock. At least thats a weight of your mind and one less thing to worry about!
x
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th May 2013, 8:58 pm

Really happy for you...and your mum Jo. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 9th May 2013, 9:05 pm

Thank you daisy and cookie.

I feel loads better now, definitely a load off xx
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 10th May 2013, 3:26 pm

It's a huge thing to take in. Think about it, you only hear of Z-list 'celebs' having surgery and botched ops. It's natural to get negative reactions. I was so scared of telling my mum, but she was so supportive I wished I'd spoken to hear earlier. She was concerned, she wouldn't be a mum if she wasn't, and did come across slightly negative sometimes.

I'm glad she's come around. Just keep her informed so her mind doesn't lead her off into thinking you want to be the next Jordan!
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 10th May 2013, 3:42 pm

Thats good Jo that shes supporting you! I had a long run up telling my mum and esp my dad, about a year ago! haha... however time wasnt right so i waited a year and im in a much better position to go ahead now. My mums decided to come with me on a few consults to put her mind at ease ! x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix85 10th May 2013, 5:51 pm

I just told my mum and dad. less than impressed to say the least!!-verging on disappointment
almost making me think I should change my mind. nope

Vix85
Vix85
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 11th May 2013, 7:37 am

Aww Vix85 don't change you mind because of how ur parents have reacted. It's your body and your decision. I had a similar reaction from my parents at first, and on the day of my op just as I was leaving the house my dad said to me "obviously I don't approve and don't think u need to do this, but if that's what you want" NOT what I needed to hear, but he has been fine ever since! So don't worry they are just concerned. Xx
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 11th May 2013, 9:29 am

vix85- i agree with what daisy just said, its so common for parents to disagree and make you feel like your disapointing them because they worry about us and dont always understand, i felt like i was disapointing my dad, BUT normally parents come round, and after the op, we wont be any different, were still their daughters but we just have the boobs weve always dreamed off! :)
Just try to stay positive and remember its normal for parents not to be over the moon when we tell them, your doing this for you xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 11th May 2013, 10:09 am

hey princessjo, really happy you're mum came round to the idea, must be a huge relief for you.

vix, i had exactly the same, my mum was extremely negative about it all and still hasn't come around to it, when it came up in conversations after i'd told her she would keep just saying i was making a mistake, to the point where i had a MASSIVE wobble and thinking of canceling.
but you do need to remember why you are doing this, the girls on here helped me loads!!
things that really helped me were to remember all the reasons why i wanted it done in the first place, and how i would feel if i reached my would-be surgery day and it wasn't happening anymore, and if it was something that would still be on my mind years down the line if i didn't get it done, and the truth is of course it would!!

last time i mentioned it to her she just chose to ignore it.. its a shame, i would have liked to have her support but that is clearly not going to happen.

i also still need to tell my dad (mortified!!) but will do so via email and am just going to hope he won't say much to that.

good luck anyway, i really hope you get your mum's support vix! x

and princessjo, enjoy the build up knowing you have the support x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 11th May 2013, 10:43 am

Vix85 wrote:I just told my mum and dad. less than impressed to say the least!!-verging on disappointment
almost making me think I should change my mind. nope

Aww I'm sorry Vix but like the others said it is your body and they will come around after the initial shock. But you shouldn't change your mind based on their reaction, if my Mom had not come round I was going ahead regardless Hug
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 11th May 2013, 10:44 am

Blueeyedsoul13 wrote:hey princessjo, really happy you're mum came round to the idea, must be a huge relief for you.

vix, i had exactly the same, my mum was extremely negative about it all and still hasn't come around to it, when it came up in conversations after i'd told her she would keep just saying i was making a mistake, to the point where i had a MASSIVE wobble and thinking of canceling.
but you do need to remember why you are doing this, the girls on here helped me loads!!
things that really helped me were to remember all the reasons why i wanted it done in the first place, and how i would feel if i reached my would-be surgery day and it wasn't happening anymore, and if it was something that would still be on my mind years down the line if i didn't get it done, and the truth is of course it would!!

last time i mentioned it to her she just chose to ignore it.. its a shame, i would have liked to have her support but that is clearly not going to happen.

i also still need to tell my dad (mortified!!) but will do so via email and am just going to hope he won't say much to that.

good luck anyway, i really hope you get your mum's support vix! x

and princessjo, enjoy the build up knowing you have the support x

Good luck telling you Dad, and thank you xxx
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix85 11th May 2013, 2:35 pm

Thanks girls, you've made me feel so much better, I was feeling really down about it all and a little angry I had let their reaction upset me. I guess I kinda knew what they would be like and so many of you have had a similar reaction too which doesn'tmake it feel like I'm on my own

princess it must be a lovely feeling to have the support now, and blue in hope you get the same from your folks.
you're so right in saying that if it came to surgery day and I had changed my mind I would feel I was making the wrong decision. I know deep down this is for me and I gotta stay focused on that. Thanks for everyone's support xx
Vix85
Vix85
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 11th May 2013, 6:59 pm

aw you'll be fine hun, with or without your parents support, thats how i think now!

at least i have everyone on here, and so do you Hug
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix85 11th May 2013, 8:04 pm

group hug thanks lovely xx
Vix85
Vix85
BJSF Addict