Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood spotting from scars

+2
Mia
whoopsy.daisy
6 posters

Go down

Blood spotting from scars Empty Blood spotting from scars

Post by whoopsy.daisy 19th November 2009, 5:03 pm

Hi Everyone!
I was just getting myself in a worry about some very slight blood spotting on my bra from my scars. Its right where the band rubs. I looked at scars and they are not green or manky! Just quite red but started to scab. Is this normal or should I be worrying??? I have been leaving bra off for a bit in the evenings to let the air dry them and have been trying out different bras but unfortunately they all seem to rub. It is not vast amounts of blood just a tiny bit...but enough to get me worrying!!!
whoopsy.daisy
whoopsy.daisy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 188

Back to top Go down

Blood spotting from scars Empty Re: Blood spotting from scars

Post by Mia 19th November 2009, 5:19 pm

Hi Whoopsy!!

I would just call clinic for advice to put your mind at rest. I used micropore thin tape on my incisions (skin colour) as advised by my surgeon untill 6week mark. It helps healing, smooths incisions and prevents bra from rubbing. Perhaps steri strips may be needed to ensure they have closed and prevent infection, your bra rubbing is not good though. Any sort of padding, tissue, medical gauge etc. could help till you see someone. Good luck Blood spotting from scars 571992 xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Loxxie 19th November 2009, 5:57 pm

Hiya hunnie Blood spotting from scars 368291 I think tutti had some slight blood spotting from her scars!
defo call the clinic as Mia has suggested to put your mind at rest that all is well! Blood spotting from scars 184153
Loxxie
Loxxie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2102

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 19th November 2009, 6:43 pm

I had some waterproof breathable strips on my scars for a few weeks that the clinic gave to me to prevent rubbing and even out the scarring. You could ask if they can provide you with something similar xx
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by whoopsy.daisy 19th November 2009, 8:38 pm

I had another look and the scars look like they are pulling downwards???omg im getting myself in a right state here. starting to feel sick now Blood spotting from scars 304294 is this normal??? wont be able to sleep for worrying now.I will call nurse tommorrow
whoopsy.daisy
whoopsy.daisy
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by leyla488 19th November 2009, 10:07 pm

Hi, Don't worry they will soon get you sorted out.

I find the flesh coloured micropore tape an absolute godsend, my scars under the breasts were being rubbed by my sportsbra until I put it on.
The tape also helps the scars to flatten.
Perhaps the clinic will give you some if you go back soon, otherwise you can buy it online from:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope this is helpful and look forward to hearing how you get on.

xxx
leyla488
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by whoopsy.daisy 19th November 2009, 10:17 pm

Thank you so much...I will buy some of that. how long did it take to come??
whoopsy.daisy
whoopsy.daisy
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by leyla488 19th November 2009, 11:04 pm

it came within 48 hours! x
leyla488
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 19th November 2009, 11:12 pm

HI whoopsie, mine scabbed over but I put savlon on them, and they healed real quick, scabs came off in own time... is your bra too small?? it should really rub them?? have you got different types of sb... I had two different types and the big zip front one lies no where near the scars..so I got no rubbin? but then, I had tiddly implants . xx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 19th November 2009, 11:14 pm

oh crap, that says;- it should rub them.... Blood spotting from scars 304294 I meant;-

it SHOULDN'T rub them ( and the 'doh' emoticon is missing!! ) DOH !
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by leyla488 20th November 2009, 9:40 am

The great thing about the micropore tape is that it breaths, air passes right through it so everything stays dry and heals very well underneath, and it's also highly adhesive without being hard to remove - so it doesn't pull the scar.

I find the best way to do it is wash and (dry the bit you want to cover with a hairdryer) to get it nice and dry without rubbing. Then tear a piece of micropore off to the size you need, place it over the area, then smooth it with your finger and it keeps everything nice and protected, whilst flattening the scar at the same time.

From what I can make out it was developed especially for cosmetic procedures. The skin coloured one isn't available from chemists you have to buy it online, or get it from your clinic if they have it.

It's almost invisible too and it seems to adjust to your own skin colour.

I can't see any downside to using micropore, my own surgeon Mrs Kat uses it as part of her after care - I came out of theatre with some in place.

Hope this is helpful, it has certainly helped me because I get very nervous about stuff - and have to research everything 10 times over!!! Blood spotting from scars 751387
leyla488
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down