Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boobs on Credit!?

+10
MarieMc85
Len1
sarahsbabies
SG007
cakey_baby
Gemma31
Ruth89
natalia
Jemmy
Jade
14 posters

Go down

Boobs on Credit!? Empty Boobs on Credit!?

Post by Jade 9th September 2009, 12:09 pm

I hope I've posted in the right section!

I am planning on haveing a breast enlargement in January. A friend of mine has recently had hers done with Harley Medical who have a clinic near us (I live in South East Essex).

My credit rating is awful! Boobs on Credit!? Icon_redface Me and my boyfriend (long term- we have a daughter together Boobs on Credit!? 514153 ) have come to the agreement that if I pay his car insurance in a lump sum in January (about £1300) he'll put the boobs on credit and pay £99 a month. Same next year etc- it works out well for both of us- I can easily save the £1300 in a few months whereas he's a spender so prefers monthly payments. We live together so my money is his money and vice versa but we manage our accounts very differently!

Is this possible or would I have to be the one paying for the boob job? Also, to get the £99 a month flexible finance would I have to make a downpayment?

Thanks! Am really excited now- this feels real at last!!
Jade
Jade
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 772

Back to top Go down

Boobs on Credit!? Empty Re: Boobs on Credit!?

Post by Jemmy 9th September 2009, 12:31 pm

Who are you looking to get the finance through? I looked at getting finance through my company, but would only give it to me if I paid £400 a month back.

Be careful of the small print with finance, can be dodgy.
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 9th September 2009, 12:35 pm

Jemmy wrote:Who are you looking to get the finance through? I looked at getting finance through my company, but would only give it to me if I paid £400 a month back.

Be careful of the small print with finance, can be dodgy.

Harley Medical Group themselves are offering finance from £99 a month.

You have to call them for the small print so thought I'd try and find some first hand advice first before they give me the saes pitch! ;)
Jade
Jade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 9th September 2009, 12:36 pm

be careful with harley medical group as they use pip implants which rupture very easy
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 9th September 2009, 12:42 pm

Get all the info first Hun and a definate price. As it says 'from' £99 it usually isn't that and there's always some catch.
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth89 9th September 2009, 12:43 pm

yer i was gunna say the same as nat!

you'll find that most companies do finance options through frist medical loans.. so have a look around first Boobs on Credit!? 321562
Ruth89
Ruth89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 9th September 2009, 12:54 pm

Gosh! I've just done some readin up on PIP implants- NO THANKS!!

HMG had been recommended to me, as has Transform- but not the central Londo clinic which is my nearest....

Either way, had it ever been a problem for the finace to be in the partners name? I don't want to get my hopes up and be told I still can't have them! Boobs on Credit!? 294672
Jade
Jade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 9th September 2009, 12:58 pm

If you're going through a medical company, then possibly. The best thing you can do is call, explain you just want info from them at this point and ask them all the possible finance options available.
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemma31 9th September 2009, 1:15 pm

Hi Jade, where in Essex are you? If you live nearer London then have you heard of Holly House in Buckhurst Hill? I'm having mine done there on Friday and have found a great surgeon. I was recommended the hospital by a friend that used to live there and it's a really lovely little hospital. Hope you don't mind me asking?

Gemma xx
Gemma31
Gemma31
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 9th September 2009, 1:15 pm

The others are right on going to different companies, book some consultst first then look at the finance you need to make sure your happy with the surgeon you choose, I looked into transform credit a while back and because i had bad credit they asked if i had someone who would be a guarentor so hopefully it wont be a problem being in your b.fnds name.

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemma31 9th September 2009, 1:16 pm

My husband has paid for my BA with his 0% credit card. As long as the balance gets paid I don't think it would matter whose name is on the card.

Gemma xx
Gemma31
Gemma31
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by SG007 9th September 2009, 1:40 pm

Can I just add. I would in no way advoate having PIP implants however if you do like HMG and the surgeon is the one you want ''after'' having all your consultations you can ask to have FDA approved implants. Obv ask at the initial consultation because they will need to get back to you with a price....

xx
SG007
SG007
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 9th September 2009, 1:50 pm

Just gave Transform a call and it's fine for my partner to take out the credit with them- I would imagine most have a similar policy Boobs on Credit!? Icon_lol

Am starting a new job on the 28th of this month so will need to work a few weeks there before I start booking time off!!

How long does the process between deciding you what the done, seeing a consultant, deciding on a surgeon, booking the surgery etc and actually having the op take?
Jade
Jade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 9th September 2009, 2:14 pm

i had transform they were very good first i had 3 consulations with diff company the harley medical was one but when found out they use pip implants and wanted 500 up front without even seeing surgeon i ran a mile also if u wanted fda approved ones cost u about another 600 ontop of 4250 which is alot of money i also went hospital group but got scared as they have bad reputation so went to transform if i didnt go with transform i would of prob gone with bupa i think u should shop around first and go with the surgeon your most comfatble with thats what most do
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 9th September 2009, 3:23 pm

If it were me I would look at bank loans etc and look for the best rates as I would imagine going through a medical finance company would have a higher APR, I don't know though. Then if your OH went for say a bank loan, you could tell them that its for a new car or something.

Good luck Boobs on Credit!? 571992
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by Len1 9th September 2009, 4:59 pm

I got a loan through a bank, and i'm only paying £98 back each month,can't remember how long for though, i think its two years? I don't think you would pay £99 with HMG it does say From £99!!!!!!! I think there APR would be quite high.

I went with Harley Medical Group and i found them really good, i was really pleased with them and the result i got. They were recommended to me along with the surgeon.

xxx
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 9th September 2009, 5:06 pm

Hi,

I went with Transform. They have 3 different option types.

I paid £250 deposit and now pay £112.50 a month over 3 years.

I went through the Central London clinic. I had Dr Khan and Faye Williams as my patient co-ordinator. Would recommend both.

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 9th September 2009, 5:25 pm

I went through mya paid £2500 up front and got the rest on interest free loan from mya direct which im paying back over a year in 4 payments. good luck. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by samarie24 9th September 2009, 5:29 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to add, I went with Harley Medical Group and have found them to be really good too.

I paid extra to have Allergan implants though. £500 extra will get you the responsive gel ones. So..if you can negotiate the surgery price down a bit, may be worth looking into? Obviously if Transform come out cheaper and you're happy with them then that makes more sense.

xxx
samarie24
samarie24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 476

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonic28 9th September 2009, 8:28 pm

Hi Jade,

Not sure whereabouts you are in Essex? But Spire Healthcare (old Bupa) do interest free credit (Southend and Brentwood). xxxx
Tonic28
Tonic28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 997

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 11th September 2009, 10:13 am

Hi lovely,

HMG ask for a non refundable £500 deposit to see your surgeon, and use PIP implants, you'll need to shell out an extra £500 for different implants so make sure you factor this into the equation. If you decide to see a surgeon and pay the money you're basically tied in with going with them.

Mybreast (The firm) charge £25 and you can see three surgeons. There's no further cost as far as I'm aware apart from the deposit.

Most other high street clinics will offer a free consultation, and then a deposit will need to be paid should you decide to book with them, usually about £300-500.

Private surgeons can have free consults, or they can charge, usually it's about £100-200.

As for credit, ensure you read all the small print, and make sure you get a definate payment amount, taking in to consideration interest rates and early repayment fees.

As for timescales, I would suggst you wait at least two weeks after seeing your surgeon and having the op. Some comapnies offer 'late space' discounts, so you'll see your surgeon and book there and then for a few days time. Good if you're in a rush, but do you really want to rush such an important procedure?

I would have at least three consults with different surgeons and clinics, and have more if you don't 100% click with any of them. Then, when you've chosen your clnic and surgeon wait a week, try and haggle the price down. If you're happy with the price, book up, pay the deposit and wait no less than two weeks to have the op, so you can prepare yourself.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down