Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Refund hope for PIP ladies who paid by credit card

3 posters

Go down

Refund hope for PIP ladies who paid by credit card Empty Refund hope for PIP ladies who paid by credit card

Post by COOKIE 22nd April 2012, 3:01 pm

I've just watched last weeks Watchdog and was really pleased to find that Martin Lewis reported someone from the midlands who has had success reclaiming the money she paid for her PIPs from The TSB!

If you paid by credit card according to section 75 consumer credit act if you paid over £100 on your credit card, the card company is jointly liable should there be any problem with the product.

If you're 6 years over your purchase then you technically you dont have a case, but if you suffered 'a personal injury' then you can claim from within 3 years of that starting.... e.g should you suffer a diagnosed rupture that caused pain you would have a very good case.

If your implant is intact there's still hope! Under the supplier of goods and services act 1982 it says these good must be of satisfactory quality. As the good were made of Industrial standard silicone and not medical there is still a claim as there is a bridge, so you can still make a claim on your credit card or your clinic!!

I've tried to write as much as I can from the programme but found more from Watchdog -

The PIP breast implant scandal saw 47,000 British women affected. All
the women were fitted with silicone implants containing industrial
grade chemicals never intended for medical use. In December, the French
government recommended their removal due to increasing evidence they
could rupture. Women in France can get the procedure for free but the
NHS and private clinics in the UK will only remove implants if it is
deemed clinically necessary.

What's worse is that as the company that made the silicone has gone
out of business, they've been unable to get refunds on their surgery.
But could that be about to change? Martin Lewis reports.

Take a look at the report HERE
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Refund hope for PIP ladies who paid by credit card Empty Re: Refund hope for PIP ladies who paid by credit card

Post by misf1 22nd April 2012, 3:09 pm

Fantastic news, glad there is some hope for those with PIPs
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Refund hope for PIP ladies who paid by credit card Empty Re: Refund hope for PIP ladies who paid by credit card

Post by daisyday 25th April 2012, 1:00 pm

I have PIPs and am going in for surgery tomorrow with Nick Percival to have them removed and replaced with Nagor? I paid for my originals on my Tesco credit card, and when I phoned them they said if I phoned the trading standards people, they would give me the act which I could claim on. Trading standards knew all about it and said I could claim under the sale of goods act (i think?) so i phoned Tesco back and they said send it all in in writing and it should be fine to claim it back. Unfortunately I needed my statements from them to check exact dates and amounts and Im still waiting for them to come through 5 weeks later. Hmm - they might be stalling ??
daisyday
daisyday
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th April 2012, 10:25 pm

Got everything crossed Tesco come through for you Daisy and GOOD LUCK for tomorrow sweetness!

Please come back and keep us updated with your BA progress and your refund progress too! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daisyday 27th April 2012, 11:33 am

Thank you. Actually Tesco credit card statements came through today - unfortunately I had only paid 2,500.00 on card, so wont be able to claim back all I paid. Must have paid the rest cash. May still wait and see if solicitors can do better as they are going for full initial cost and loss of earnings etc having them replaced. Well pips are out anyway thank goodness. Ive brought them home with me and worryingly even though I had MRI before to check no rupture or leaks while I was making decision whether to remove or not, it looks like one of them has lost some volume. It is wrinkled and ridged and slightly darker than the other one, which is still firm and smooth and lighter colour. Makes you wonder where it went, as nothing showed on MRI. Keeping fingers crossed that I get a good few years out of these ones, as they are my fourth set!
daisyday
daisyday
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th April 2012, 1:50 pm

daisyday wrote:Thank you. Actually Tesco credit card statements came through today - unfortunately I had only paid 2,500.00 on card, so wont be able to claim back all I paid. Must have paid the rest cash.

That's a shame Daisy nope Worst scenerio for you though could be that you at least can reclaim part-payment, which is better than for those who paid full payment in cash isn't it lovely.

May still wait and see if solicitors can do better as they are going for full initial cost and loss of earnings etc having them replaced.

I think I'd do that too Daisy and good luck babe, I really hope you get all you deserve! :thumbs:

Well pips are out anyway thank goodness. Ive brought them home with me and worryingly even though I had MRI before to check no rupture or leaks while I was making decision whether to remove or not, it looks like one of them has lost some volume. It is wrinkled and ridged and slightly darker than the other one, which is still firm and smooth and lighter colour. Makes you wonder where it went, as nothing showed on MRI. Keeping fingers crossed that I get a good few years out of these ones, as they are my fourth set!

The MRI would have exposed a rupture sweetness... The deflated implant could have possibly seeped through the shell do you think? with the contents stiill having on-going tests it's going to very interesting to get a full report of the contents isn't it?.... It may well

Seems you really been through it Daisy!!!! Hug May I ask why the re-op the time before you had PIPs and then why the re-op again which brought you to having PIPs implanted?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daisyday 27th April 2012, 2:59 pm

I had trilucents first years ago, then when they decided they werent safe, I had them removed and replaced with silicone (not sure which make), had those in for about 8 years? but they were always ridged and lumpy around the cleavage, as I have very little tissue and these were above the muscle (was 34aa to start with and probably lost tissue having Trilucents removed). Decided to get my nose fixed Dec 2009 and thought I would get my ridged implants re-done at the same time. Was advised to go under the muscle this time to avoid ridges. Unfortunately went through Surgi(dont)care, and got PIPs. They looked good to start with and was definately better having them under the muscle as no ridges. However, when I took photos of them recently once I had decided to have them out, I realised how uneven they were, and wondered if they had bottomed out? (read about that on this site). Had these removed yesterday with 520 Nagors under the muscle. Having seen the PIPs and how ridged one of them was, I wonder if it wasnt bottoming out, but the implant leaking that had caused them to look wonky. Well at least they are out now, and Im keeping my fingers crossed that its fourth time lucky!!
daisyday
daisyday
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th April 2012, 4:11 pm

WOW! you sure have had your run of bad luck haven't you!!!! It's gotta be all good from here on in now gorgeous! and yeah, 4th time lucky for sure!!!!! xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down