Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eating before the GA?

3 posters

Go down

Eating before the GA? Empty Eating before the GA?

Post by Contemptuous 2nd October 2015, 8:42 am

Hi ladies.

This might be a silly question..

My admission time on Monday is 12:30 so my letter says no food from 7:30am. Now on a typical day I don't get hungry until at least midday so I don't eat in the morning. Would it be best to force myself to have something on Monday? Does it make a difference if I've fasted for longer than they specify? I think I'll miss my tea and coffee more than food while I'm waiting for the op..!
Contemptuous
Contemptuous
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Eating before the GA? Empty Re: Eating before the GA?

Post by Charlii 2nd October 2015, 9:01 am

You're admission might be 12, but your op might not be til 6. That's a long time to go without. It makes no difference if you've fasted for longer, but you'll be more dehydrated, which means it'll be harder to find a vein for the GA, and your blood sugar will be low, so you might feel woozy, and it'll be another hour at least after the op before they get you to eat. I would get up a little early, and try and have a light healthy breakfast. Poached egg on toast is perfect, not too heavy and will keep you going. I know it's hard to eat if you're not a brekky person, but it might be better for you.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Contemptuous 2nd October 2015, 9:42 am

I'm allowed small amounts of water until 11:30 so I'll make sure I drink a bit to not get too dehydrated. Hasn't thought about the vein thing! Mine aren't great to begin with so don't want to make it any harder!
Contemptuous
Contemptuous
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 2nd October 2015, 10:35 am

Yeh, I had a tooth out recently and I have the tiny veins of a shrew! That plus overnight fasting, and no water for about 4-5hrs, I think it took them longer to find the vein than the actual extraction!!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 2nd October 2015, 12:38 pm

Could you manage a smoothie before 7? My admission was 1 pm but I didn't go down till 5. I had a protein shake for breakfast as can't to big breakfasts and so glade that I did, was ready to chew my arm off. Drink as much water as you can before 11.30, that will also help keep the hunger pang at bay a little longer xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Contemptuous 2nd October 2015, 1:41 pm

I could probably manage a protein shake more than actual food! And I guess if I'm sick afterwards it'll look better coming back up haha!
Contemptuous
Contemptuous
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 2nd October 2015, 7:11 pm

Well that's one way to look at it. I wasn't sick m, didn't even feel it at all. When you can drink after op, sip water don't guzzle. That will also help not to up chuck xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down