Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not eating...

+5
COOKIE
jenniferrf1
Charlii
Gleaming
Lias6246
9 posters

Go down

Not eating... Empty Not eating...

Post by Lias6246 24th October 2013, 5:45 am

Hiya girls

I just wondered if this is normal... I have my preop tomorrow and I'm worried they will tell me I can't have the surgery. I'm sure it will be ok but I'm irrationally worrying, I have developed a stress rash on my leg - I know what it is as I had the exact same before my wedding and my sisters wedding! It's really sore but I'm most worried about my eating... I'm not eating enough and I'm losing weight. I get full really easily and Cant physically eat any more, my hip bones are sticking out and my clothes are hanging off me and I don't know what to do. I know I need to eat up to the op to give myself the best chance of a good recovery but short of force feeding myself I don't know what to do. It's normal for me to do this when I'm stressed or worried about something.

I'm a veggie and I eat healthily. I'm only eating half of what I normally eat, I'm just hoping I get better at eating after the preop.

Can anyone suggest anything please?

X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Not eating... Empty Re: Not eating...

Post by Gleaming 24th October 2013, 5:58 am

Oh no hun :( could you not try making fresh fruit/veg smoothies topped up with soy milk/vegetarian friendly yogurt and sip? At least you have recognised the stress is the cause. I have free hypnosis downloads on my iPhone and I find they really help. If this has gone on for a while it may be that your body has gone into starvation mode, so I would say pick at small light snacks regularly and this should help your appetite come back... Easier said than done I know, but you are going to need your energy to help you heal :) xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 24th October 2013, 8:24 am

I agree, try and eat little and often, and get some sort of protein in you, as this is whats going to help healing. I know how you feel, I lose my appetitie when stressed, lost a stone in a week once. Just keep positive, keep your energy levels up with carbs and smoothies, and make sure you're getting enough sleep, you'll be amazed how much sleeping affects your appetite. Feel better love :)
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 24th October 2013, 8:37 am

It's probs all the stress your feeling... I was the same and I was feeling quite unwell pre op which always happens to me when I'm stressed... Like the girls say to try to eat little and often but you will get given the go ahead :) it will all be ok!! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th October 2013, 10:18 am

I don't want to add to your stress but I believe in always telling it like it is hun... And when you have a BA you will need to have a healthy BMI.

If the surgeon or the anaesthetist have concerns about your BMI then it is possible they will postpone your surgery until its at a healthy level.

I think you should seek help from your GP regarding your eating habits Lisa... They will probably refer you on to a dietician who will help you get back to a normal eating pattern babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 24th October 2013, 10:25 am

I am the same. I physically cannot eat when I am anxious or stressed. You could try some smoothies like Gleaming suggested Packed with extra calories or even something like slim fast shakes as they contain all the nutrients, vitamins etc that you need from food as they are designed as a meal substitute.....you obviously dont need to diet but at least you will be drinking your bodys needs which is better than nothing... I used to have them when my babies were little and I had no appetite, just to make sure I was fuelling my body....

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by louise28 24th October 2013, 10:28 am

Oh Lias you just need to get your pre op out of the way, this stress isn't good for you hun, only 1 more sleep to go, once you get the all clear from that i'm sure your appetite will come back and you be super excited again to be getting your new boooobies.Hug
louise28
louise28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 900

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 24th October 2013, 10:31 am

Complan is better than slim fast it's to help maintain and help gain weight it's specifically designed for when your off your food hunny xx

It provides everything in a shake x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 24th October 2013, 10:39 am

Ahhhhh, I never knew that!!, Fab! I will remember that next time and make sure i buy complan rather than slim fast X thanks mrsball! Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 24th October 2013, 10:43 am

Sorry to hear this, with your pre op so close - the advice the other girls have given is good and I would take note of it. 

Take care and keep us updated of how everything goes tomorrow xx
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 24th October 2013, 10:43 am

Seashell72 wrote:Ahhhhh, I never knew that!!, Fab! I will remember that next time and make sure i buy complan rather than slim fast X thanks mrsball! Xx
:ok:  It's good for when you've been or are ill as it keeps you built up rather than eat solid meals which may be hard to stomach xxx 
And again when you're off food and can't stomach solids x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 24th October 2013, 11:48 am

Hiya girls,

Thank you all so much for your help. I have bought some Complan and will start it today. I will try the smoothies with yoghurt as well and look at a hypnosis app to see if that helps.

I don't get enough sleep which probably isn't helping things and I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this when I'm stressed! (Obviously not glad you get it too! You know what I mean!) I checked my BMI and I am 19.31 and the healthy range is from 18.5 so my BMI is ok as long as I don't lose any more weight.

Once the BA is over and done with I will be much better - I'm still eating, just not as much as I was so I will try and eat little and often to make up for it...I've never had an eating disorder or anything like that...I just cant eat a lot when I'm particularly worried about something.

I eat a lot of meat substitute so hubby has planned meals which are high in protein and lots of veg for after recovery.

I'm sure I will be much happier and less anxious after my preop and I have bought the complan and will try the smoothies. I thought of nuts too as they are high in calories and good for you...

Thank you so much for all your comments. Its nice to know I'm not on my own with this and I will eat as much as possible!

Thanks again

group hug
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th October 2013, 11:50 am

As long as your BMI is OK, then you'll be fit for surgery Lisa and as you've found its fine... I hope the stress settles now babe - all will be OK.

The high protien diet will help lots with healing the incisions hun - its VERY good for you after surgery. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 24th October 2013, 12:03 pm

Hug Thank you Cookie. With these replies I do feel better - I need to stop stressing and stop imagining worst case scenarios!

The meat substitute has a lot of protein in it and I will just have to eat lots of vegi scotch eggs (sound vile but most people cant tell the difference!)

Thank you all again I feel a lot more positive now! I was wallowing in self pity earlier!

xx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 24th October 2013, 6:22 pm

I'm a veggie too and eat the quorn mince which is very high in protein, even simples rambled eggs, or soft boiled eggs, or poached egg on toast is a quick easy healthy snack xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 24th October 2013, 6:29 pm

Hubby makes a mean omelette! Yeah I eat a lot of what meat eaters eat I just substitute the meat for quorn. Thanks for the tips x
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 24th October 2013, 6:57 pm

Ooo yes I love cheese omelette made with grated mozzarella and cheddar.  Drool
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 24th October 2013, 7:56 pm

I haven't tried it with mozzarella! We have it with mushrooms and slices of fake ham - it's my 3 year olds favourite!

I managed to eat a bit more today I think just by grazing even though I wasn't hungry. I found some cookie dough ice cream in the freezer too Yay!

Xx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down