Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How accurate is rice test?

+2
muddypaws
9NDFp
6 posters

Go down

How accurate is rice test? Empty How accurate is rice test?

Post by 9NDFp 1st July 2015, 9:08 pm

Hi everyone! Just wondered what you think about rice test (if you've tried it) - do you think it gives a good idea of implant size? I've tried the 2 sizes I could have - either 220cc or 255cc and the difference seems huge to me. Do implants come out smaller or bigger do u think? X
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 498

Back to top Go down

How accurate is rice test? Empty Re: How accurate is rice test?

Post by muddypaws 1st July 2015, 9:50 pm

Hiya, 

I think thye give you a good idea of what you do and don't want - I did my rest test with 380cc and ended up going 430cc in the end and I'm sure my actual boobs don't look any bigger than the rice test, but I don't think there's that much size difference between the two implants. I did it using a pair of tights and tried to do them into a breast shape inside my bra. I think if I'm honest I knew from the rice test that going for the bigger size implant wouldn't look ridiculous on me. So it's def worth doing Hun.

Hope that makes sense, I've waffled a bit as I was actually thinking about it whilst typing haha. Good luck x
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 815

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 1st July 2015, 10:21 pm

When I tried the rice test with 350 I thought they rice sizers looked massive, and the way they projected off my body made me feel so lage up top and  stocky.
I tried the 350 and 375 sizers in clinic and couldn't tell much diff tbh!
I went ahead with the larger of the 2; 375cc's as my thing,  was that I wanted boobs but for it not to be too in your face. 
I'm a size 12 with shoulders so 375cc on this frame isn't very big  really. 
I had the 375 and they look v natural,  nobody has noticed.

Now I'm going to say something here that is JUST MY OPINION....but I would say whatever size you like the look of. ....go for the next size up.

Cos you get used to go they look v quickly, and you do lose a little. I still only 17 days post op,  but my boobs don't look as big now, as they did with 375 rice and implant sizers at clinic.
It sounds huge, the difference? But I don't think it is.
This will be my advice for newbies anyway.
Find the look you love..and go up one.

There's not a lot in it anyway, it's just extra oomph!

Good luckc
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 2nd July 2015, 8:43 am

Have a look here, this is my rice results. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is going to vary girl to girl. I think that it works way better on absolute zero, i.e. girls like me who never developed, rather than those with existing breast tissue. For me, I found it pretty accurate, but bear in mind that rice is a solid form, so its always going to be a little less forgiving than an actual implant, which will be more fluid once its softens.

Let me make some points clear though. You don't 'lose' anything. If you've had Xcc's implanted, you will be Xcc's bigger, regardless of placement, profile etc. Also, going 'one up' might not make a difference, might make all the difference. My cup size increase came in at 56/68cc per cup (AA to DD/E), so the next size up could have meant a whole cup difference for me...for others, not so much. Also, you need to think about what can safely be implanted into you. I wasn't given the choice, as the next size up, 375, was too big to be safely implanted in my body, so I had to go for the smaller. These are all things to consider. Again, if you liked the way the sizers looked on you, go for it. If you're worried, ask your surgeon to take 2 sizes in with him, and see what looks best if you trust him to do so.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 2nd July 2015, 8:52 am

I found the rice test hopeless for me, I preferred trying in the sizers at the clinic. To be honest they look smaller than the sizers made them look, you have to remember it's going under your skin afterall and the sizers and rice currently sit over your skin giving you that tiny bit more size.

Totally agree with Twinky, it's controversial but I would always go the on size up. When I was choosing between 275 and 315 the nurse demonstrated the actual difference by using liquid in a cup. It was literally NOTHING! To have a substantial difference you'd be talking about 100cc difference I reckon 

x
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by 9NDFp 2nd July 2015, 10:17 am

Thanks everyone! My main problem is that I live 4 hours away from clinic so really not an option to go back before surgery date to try on sizers again. That's why I'm trying the rice test but thankfully it's only between 2 sizes, and by sounds of things you've said I don't think there's a massive difference between the two but I'm going to speak to surgeon on phone today or tomorrow to discuss it further and find out what he thinks the difference between the two will be - I'm not massively hung up on cup size. A full C / small D would be great but other than that I just want them to look right for my frame / be in proportion and not look fake especially in clothes, but I do want to be bigger than what I am now. Arrrgghh I imagine this is the really stressful bit, deciding on size!! Thanks everyone for replying I really appreciate it :-) xx
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 498

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleBee91 7th July 2015, 10:37 pm

Hey 9! 

I'm a flat c cup ATM so not sure how much help my experience will be! At my first consultation I tried 420-460 sizers and thought I was happy! Went back for my second and went up another 100 cc's. I tried the rice sizers and they looked absolutely huge compared to the jelly chicken fillet things they had at the clinic. I read on another forum that it's something to do with how you measure it out! I think I did it wrong and went gram for gram, whereas apparently you are supposed to put the rice into like a measuring jug up to the cc level because of difference in density between rice and the silicone? Way to complex for me lol. 

But as a rough idea I don't think it can hurt to give it a go and see what you think. Just be a bit mindful that it may not turn out 100% like that! Best of luck! Xx
ElleBee91
ElleBee91
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down