Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No bra, no steristrip...does this sound ok?

5 posters

Go down

No bra, no steristrip...does this sound ok? Empty No bra, no steristrip...does this sound ok?

Post by Twinky 21st June 2015, 7:29 am

So at my post op yest  with the nurse she was happy with how I'm healing,  she removed the dressings over my stitches and let me see them. Still look all sore and slightly bruised underneath but she said there looking good. The nurse then just put a small thin line of steristrip over the stitches.
I have dissolvable stitches btw, and she said today as I'm a week, I can shower, she said the steristip will probably just fall off but that's fine. Just make sure I keep my wounds dry after showering. 

All fine.
But now,  here's the thing, iv been told by my PS to go braless during recovery. I don't see him for another 5 weeks so, braless for all that time,  no steristrip or anything...does this sound ok?

Just feel like I'm very open and vulnerable? Like there's nothing protecting them or the incisions?

She did give me a spare pack of steristrip to use but think that was more because I went green when she took the strips off and I checked them, felt woozy sick
I said to her I don't really want to not wear a bra like, on school run in summer, nipples out etc! She said a cotton bra will be fine to wear  up not all the time.  UK make sure it's long so it doesn't sit on my incisions. Well, that bra doesn't exist. ....

Sorry guys, I know I'm probably  moaning about silly stuff,  but they just see, very blasé about it,  like, Yeh do what you want! Lol
And im just a  it unsure  really......I have those belvia vest type things but again, there quite tight so, this isn't what Dr Sleiter  wants me in, as he wants the implant to drop and cause a nat crease, as I didn't have one pre op. 

Help!
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

No bra, no steristrip...does this sound ok? Empty Re: No bra, no steristrip...does this sound ok?

Post by Mammamia 21st June 2015, 8:42 am

Bra wise, perhaps just wear a vest with built in 'support'....they aren't actuallu supportive, especially if you buy a size bigger, but will protect your modesty!!

My incisions just had thin steri strips on them and nothing else. I was asked to keep them on as long as possible and one set lasted around 3 weeks I think! They started peeling very slightly around the edges but with showering everyday and cool drying with hairdryer they lasted fine.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

No bra, no steristrip...does this sound ok? Empty Re: No bra, no steristrip...does this sound ok?

Post by anneritchley 21st June 2015, 2:55 pm

Hi. After my 2 week PO check I just had a small white strip over my resolvable sutures. And the bra thing, if the surgeon has advised you wear no bra then that's what I would do. Just follow surgeons advice. It maybe because your breast tissue is very tight maybe. Don't really know. But as for stitches and feeling vunrable I think you will be ok. Just make sure you keep the area dry. Xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 21st June 2015, 4:21 pm

A lot of girls are told no bra, it's perfectly normal, using gravity to help them drop! That's just your surgeons preference. Comfort bras, like the Belvia, or a yoga low impact bra will be ok for out and about for your modesty.

Seristrips is fine too. At my one week, I was told I could shower, and to replace them after showering daily for another week, then they were fine. If you're nervous once the strip comes off, replace it with a new one. It won't harm, if it makes you feel better. But everything you've been told is normal.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 21st June 2015, 8:26 pm

I had all of my dressings removed at 10 days post op and had nothing at all covering the incisions from then. Although I was wearing a bra. I'm sure the no bra is the right thing to do if that's what your surgeon said xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 22nd June 2015, 7:08 am

Thanks guys, feel so much better today. No morning boob at all this am, im day 8 now dance
i had my shower yest and got a vest top on under my clothing and I feel so much better. Iv been having a little look at my incisions and boobies and think the right boob has actually dropping a little already, got a small ish crease coming, so chuffed!
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down