Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel post op

+3
Charlii
anneritchley
EmzH
7 posters

Go down

Travel post op Empty Travel post op

Post by EmzH 2nd May 2015, 11:01 am

Because i managed to get 3 weeks off work after my op i was wanting to make the most of my recovery time - within reason! - & was thinking of doing some visits after my 1week check up. Planning a few days in Edinburgh & then a few days in switzerland during my 3rd week. Has anyone flown within 2/3weeks of their op? They'll be leisurely trips so can keep up recovery, just don't want to waste 3 unpaid weeks off work x
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Travel post op Empty Re: Travel post op

Post by anneritchley 2nd May 2015, 12:00 pm

Hi, you may have trouble walking any distance. You may find that you will ache a lot and get tired quickly. The best thing to do for your recovery is not plan anything. Just take it easy. If you go to these places you will want to do a few things xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 2nd May 2015, 12:01 pm

Oh I forgot. Your travel insurance will be a lot as you have just had an op. It ups the risk in there eyes. And risk of complication is greater then as well. I would stay put that close PO xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 2nd May 2015, 12:11 pm

It's called recovery because that's what you need the time to do. Having surgery is exhausting on your body as a whole, not just the boobs. You'll struggle. In addition, flying so soon post op may invalidate your aftercare. I know that people go abroad for surgery and what not, but that's what's ok for them. A lot of UK surgeons have rules about flying, I think it's about 6-12wks before you're allowed to fly short haul. So I wouldn't go booking anything until you've at least discussed it with your surgeon.

For me, I took 1wk plus a further 2 working from home at a desk job, and I was so tired all the time, there's no way I could have gone traipsing around. Almost 2m post I was doing Windsor and London with my Canadian friend, and it was sore work, even with the sports bra and band on. I'd really think carefully about it, and save it for another time.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 2nd May 2015, 12:13 pm

Oh, and like Anne said, what if something happens? A seroma, a split stitch, infection? You want to stay close to home in case of an emergency. We're not trying to put a downer on it, just being realistic
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 2nd May 2015, 12:18 pm

I would research a few options but then wait and see based on how you feel at the time. Some are fine, some people really aren't. And definitely check your surgeon has happy for you to do it, you don't want him using it against you if you were to have a complication.

You must rest though....remember we've had a recent haematoma on here from someone who said they perhaps did a little too much...

My surgeon personally told me he likes his girls to stay close for the first 4 weeks so he can keep a close eye on them. I had weekly checks for this period.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 3rd May 2015, 8:27 am

Could you perhaps move your holiday round so you have two weeks off to recover then save a week for another point in the year? The first week is knackering, I was tired just from walking the dog around the fields for 45 mins. I'm not gonna lie, it does get boring having to stay in and take it easy but I found the min I tried to do stuff like walk the dogs, go for meals, see some friends I was always exhausted by end of day. 

Even since coming back to work around 2 weeks PO I was knackered by end of day. Also like the girls said, be careful with the whole flying thing as I was told no flying for 6-8 weeks.

I'm not gonna lie, it does get super boring being at home and trying to recover but it's so important. You'll also really surprise yourself how crap you do feel in that first 1-2 weeks! 

See if you can change your hol around, 3 weeks recovery is playing it quite safe. I reckon 2 tops which will mean you can save that final week for a proper hol xxx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by EmzH 3rd May 2015, 10:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] i have a really physical job so my surgeon said that me being able to have the 3 weeks off instead of the normal 2 was great.

I wasn't planning on doing much of during either of my visits - especially the switzerland one at the end - just visiting a few friends & will be chilling out at their places & just trying to get a bit of R&R whilst not stuck at home. Thinking i'll phone the clinic on tuesday & see what they say about flying. I'm sure the nurse said 2weeks for short haul was ok - it's only an hours flight. Xx
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 3rd May 2015, 11:05 am

Hi, see what they say. Travel insurance will be a bit pricey though. It's more the fact that if you are going to get PO complications it will happen in the first 2 to 3 weeks. Heamatoma and infection or split stitches. Just be careful. I'm sure you know your own body and how you feel. Let us know what the clinic says xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firecracker71 3rd May 2015, 1:28 pm

Its up to you hun but 2 weeks PO and I was only just starting to walk properly without holding onto my boobs! 
I was still not able to shower etc. You feel quite grubby and fed up at that point, I had lunch arranged with a few friends 2 weeks PO and I had to cancel, didn't even feel up for that!

Maybe don't plan anything but bear it in mind and see how you feel. If you have an amazingly fast recovery then go for it but I don't think many girls have felt good at 2 weeks PO x
Firecracker71
Firecracker71
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by EmzH 5th May 2015, 11:55 am

Been told i'm not supposed to fly for 6 weeks. Bit gutted but i'll obviously do as they say! X
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 5th May 2015, 12:00 pm

Hi, well at least you know for sure. They would invalidate your aftercare if something were to happen on the plane. At least you get your boobs you really want and you will look amazing xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by EmzH 5th May 2015, 12:10 pm

Exactly! I'd naver have gone against their advice, for some reason i just had 2 weeks stuck in my head. Means more time for shopping trips that week!! Haha xx
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 5th May 2015, 12:23 pm

No I wouldn't do any of those things while only 2/3 weeks post op. You need to recover, not go on day trips etc x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down