Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BA time frame from consult to holiday? How long?

+4
Jen23
Princess_x
mrsball
Weeniebott
8 posters

Go down

BA time frame from consult to holiday? How long? Empty BA time frame from consult to holiday? How long?

Post by Weeniebott 13th February 2015, 9:23 pm

hi everyone

I've decided to have 2 consultations which I want to phone next week and try to book asap. I then want to have surgery at the very end of March and am going on holiday on the 25th of May. Is this time frame possible and reasonable?
Weeniebott
Weeniebott
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

BA time frame from consult to holiday? How long? Empty Re: BA time frame from consult to holiday? How long?

Post by mrsball 13th February 2015, 9:28 pm

Just moving this to the general section Hun. Any questions post away there.

Post op recovery time is personal to each lady and diffrent time frames advised by different surgeons.

It's usually 6-12 weeks in a high impact sports bra 24/7.
Even bathing (fully submerged) is 6 weeks. And no swimming in public pools till then or 12 weeks as risk of infection. 
X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

BA time frame from consult to holiday? How long? Empty Re: BA time frame from consult to holiday? How long?

Post by Weeniebott 13th February 2015, 10:03 pm

Ooop sorry mrs ball. I did think after I hit send had I done the wrong thing. Should I select the forum at the bottom and then new topic? 

Sorry. I've never used a forum before.
Weeniebott
Weeniebott
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 13th February 2015, 10:20 pm

No, you'll be in a sports bra 24/7 until 6-12 weeks and you can't wear a bikini/sunbathe etc until 6 months x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeniebott 13th February 2015, 10:38 pm

Oh bummer!! Thanks mrs ball and princess x
Weeniebott
Weeniebott
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th February 2015, 7:32 am

Weeniebott wrote:Ooop sorry mrs ball. I did think after I hit send had I done the wrong thing. Should I select the forum at the bottom and then new topic? 

Sorry. I've never used a forum before.
Don't apologise Hun, easily done especially if you've never used a forum before  Hug

Are you viewing the pink pages (not the grey/blue mobile version?) if so click on home next to log out at the bit along top then select the general breast augmentation section then post new topic xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 14th February 2015, 7:49 am

I think it depends with sunbathing. I know Anne went away fairly soon after her surgery to Egypt, and was just told to keep scars hidden. Its best to ask at your consultation, we cant really tell u as different surgeons have different agendas.
My surgeon only wanted me in a support bra for 4 weeks but then said I could wear wires as usual :) x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 14th February 2015, 8:05 am

The sunbathing advice is with reference to your skin being stretched and associated risk of burning. So I imagine it depends on skin type and I personally would have sunbathed at 2/3 months as I tan easily, never burn and didn't burn during pregnancy either. But scars most definitely need to be fully protected for a year!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneT 14th February 2015, 8:19 am

Iv been told I can sunbathe on my honeymoon 10 weeks post surgery.  I just need to keep scars well covered with absolutely no exposure to the sun. I tan easily too but always use a high spf on the delicate areas anyway for fear of skin cancer and premature ageing.  Each doctor will have their own agenda but I do think that your skin type has a lot to do with it also x
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeniebott 14th February 2015, 10:30 am

Thanks mrs ball re the posting advice and thank you everyone else too. I will ask the surgeon. Xxx
Weeniebott
Weeniebott
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeniebott 21st February 2015, 5:52 pm

Just an update on this post. I spoke to Douglas mcgeorge at the Cheshire spire on wed at my first consultation and told him that I'm going on holiday the 25th of May. I have booked surgery with him on the 3rd of April which leaves 7 and a bit weeks until I fly. He says that's fine and as long as I keep my scars covered up and use a high factor that's fine too. 

Weenie xxx
Weeniebott
Weeniebott
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneT 21st February 2015, 6:00 pm

Fab news. Pretty much what my surgeon said too.  Good luck with it all hun xxx
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 22nd February 2015, 12:17 pm

Just be sure to be smothering those boobs in high SPF, even under the bikini, hourly and after getting wet. That skin will be tight and stretched, and will burn very easily in direct sunlight. And yes, scars need to be covered for up to a year, or they risk pigmentation. 

That goes for you too [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it's meant to be 30 odd degrees in Montego Bay!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneT 22nd February 2015, 12:22 pm

Charlii wrote:Just be sure to be smothering those boobs in high SPF, even under the bikini, hourly and after getting wet. That skin will be tight and stretched, and will burn very easily in direct sunlight. And yes, scars need to be covered for up to a year, or they risk pigmentation. 

That goes for you too [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it's meant to be 30 odd degrees in Montego Bay!
Of course Charlii. Not taking any risks at all. Covered 110% at all times as well as sunblock for sure.   Still cannot wait tho! ! Scorchio lol x
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 22nd February 2015, 12:32 pm

I'm so excited, it cannot come quickly enough! Hubs is sick of me telling him every day how long it is til we go away!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneT 22nd February 2015, 1:34 pm

Same here. I'm on the boob repair countdown. ..The house move countdown and the wedding/honeymoon countdown.  Although Jamaica will be the best bit for me. .by then will be moved and settled.  married and healed up hopefully. .so then it's time to chill lol x
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 22nd February 2015, 1:34 pm

Hi, I went to Egypt 5 weeks PO. My surgeon was happy for me to lay around in a bikini, but if I was doing anything other than laying there I would put my sports bra on. Even wore it in the evenings. It wasn't too bad as in December it was not overly hot. I didn't go swimming of course. And was careful not to get my insicions in the sun. My surgeon was ok with this though. Xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down