Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:( day 3 swelling x

+7
mirren001
Boobies2be
Charlii
anneritchley
dling1
Jen23
Lauramumof3
11 posters

Go down

:( day 3 swelling x Empty :( day 3 swelling x

Post by Lauramumof3 13th February 2015, 6:28 pm

so I'm at day 3 post op and wieners am I swollen.  It's so sore and so uncomfortable.  I really don't know what I can do to help.  I have to wear a chest strap and haven't been shown how to use it so I'm praying I'm wearing it right.  Is there anything at all I can do to ease this swelling?

Also my whole body is massively swollen I look like o dos when
I was 9 months pregnant, I've been eating fruit, drinking water and taking laxatives and still nothing! I have no appetite at all and feel so crappy.

I just want to feel a bit more comfortable
Or try to help my body along with healing.  The swelling is borderline unbearable today :(

Sorry for the whinge!
Lauramumof3
Lauramumof3
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

:( day 3 swelling x Empty Re: :( day 3 swelling x

Post by Jen23 13th February 2015, 6:38 pm

Hi Laura, sorry to hear yr having a bit of a rubbish time day 3 was by far the worst for me, and im pretty sure some more girls will be along to second that.
Its totally normal how yr feeling. Maybe try some ice packs on the top of your boobs, keep away from incisions though :)
Also, ibuprofen is the anti inflammatory so if u can take that then try to keep on top of that one.
Have u been having little bursts of moving around? Like a little walk round the house, or to the end of the garden or something? That can help to keep things moving, as well as eating plenty of veg and keeping away from white carbs.
A hot water bottle on yr tummy may help?
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 13th February 2015, 6:39 pm

It is the most rubbish, but it can only get better from here :) x x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauramumof3 13th February 2015, 6:43 pm

Yeah I've been quite active since I had the op and have blamed that for my swelling, I hate sitting still.  Taking ibuprofen double strength every 8 hrs as prescribed and also on strong double dose of codeine but still isn't taking the edge away.  Feel like I have concrete strapped onto me.  This chest strap is torture too, I have it down my back to where my bra would sit and then under my arms to above my breasts is this correct? I'm quite high and swollen so feels though the band has to sit below my neck otherwise it's in top of the swollen upper part of my breasts hope this makes sense.

Thanks for responding hun xx
Lauramumof3
Lauramumof3
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by dling1 13th February 2015, 6:55 pm

Hi Hun
Days 3&4 were my worst, felt really swollen like my boobs were guna burst! I also looked about 8 months pregnant, my other half couldn't believe how big my stomach was  nope
I think the codeine tablets can add to the constipation, it might be worth stopping them and taking paracetemol instead? It does get better I promise, by day 6 I really turned a corner.
I didn't have a strap do can't really offer any advice on that I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will be along soon that will be able to help :ok: 
Hope you feel more comfortable soon x
dling1
dling1
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 13th February 2015, 6:58 pm

Hiya, day 3 is the worst day as that's when the swelling kicks in. Try not to overdo things. A bloated belly is very normal. It's a mixture of the GA in your system. Water retention and maybe constipation. It will go. Give it time as you are only a little PO. It can get uncomfortable. Take your pain meds if you need too. And relax. Have you got a v pillow? The codeine will make you constipated so it's very difficult. It can also make you feel groggy. It will get better soon I promise. Big hugs xxxxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 13th February 2015, 7:03 pm

Also try and go for a very gentle walk even if it's around the house. It will help with your bloated tummy. Drink lots of water. Eat protein as that helps with healing. You just had surgery and it will be sore, but do try to get of the codeine as soon as you can. It will all be worth it in the end. Xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 13th February 2015, 7:26 pm

You're on the worst phase of it, so we can all say its better from here on! The GA is leaving your body, which is why it feels super sore and nasty, and its going to play havoc on your hormones. If you need to cry, do it, theres no shame! The swelling and bruising coming out is a good thing. It'll be all round your ribs and back, you've been beaten up on that operating table. The bloating is also part of the GA, and may take a couple of weeks to go down fully, even if you do get 'movement'. Peppermint tea is meant to help, and yes, keep up with fruit, veg, white protein and plenty of water. Flush it all out.

Ibruprofen isn't idea, as its a blood thinner, but if your nurse/surgeon has said its ok, stick with it. Ice packs across the tops will help too.

With your strap, take it straight across your back where your band would sit, and then up and over. It needs to be on the upper pole of the breast, where they start to protrude. This will help with the chaffing and it'll sit in the right place. It should be tight, but not omg I cant breath. Also, a new tip is cut the toes off some socks and thread it through that to make it a little more comfy to wear.

Get yourself as many pillows as you can. Build them up behind your shoulders, one under the small of your back, one under the knees and maybe bum. If you have one, wear a travel pillow so you can sleep wherever you are! If you're sleeping, you're healing.

Its horrible, I know, but like I say, this is the worst of it. Most girls turn around day 5-7. Take your painkillers regularly, you can take ibruprofen and paracetamol on alternative 2hrs if its that bad.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 13th February 2015, 7:55 pm

Days 3-5 were the worst for me in terms of post op come down. I was also horrendously bloated until about day 12...I ended up just going with it by that point as nothing was working, and I knew it would go eventually so don't fret that its there to stay.

Wishing you a better next few days though! X
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 13th February 2015, 8:25 pm

Wow great avi boobies2be xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 14th February 2015, 12:15 am

All great advice already give, just wanted to send you a big hug!  Hug
It does get a whole lot better , probably this time next week you'll be amazed at your turn around & how much better your feeling.
Hang on in there the meantime. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkleroo 14th February 2015, 6:36 am

I feel your pain!  I looked pregnant,  didn't go to the loo until day 3 or 4. It does get better, you just have to hang in there.  
It is so frustrating going from active to nothing.  I tried going for a short walk on day 6 and was agony. Couldn't get out the house until end of week 2. 
You'll get there. I'm still having to wear the strap too, can't take it off until I get the go ahead from the surgeon at 8 weeks! :-( 
Hope you start feeling better soon,  maybe try little walks around the garden or down the road just so you get fresh air?
twinkleroo
twinkleroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneT 14th February 2015, 7:29 am

Hi hun.  Here's a hug for you  Hug days 3-5 were my worst by far. Just echoing what the girls have said. Everything will will get tons better in a few days. Happy healing lovely x
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by ACKUGA28 14th February 2015, 11:02 am

Arrr Hun days 3-5 were the worst for me too and as for bloating my tummy is still very bloated now. The ice packs and gentle walking  helped me a lot ,It will get better Hun, take it easy, hope you feel better soon xx
ACKUGA28
ACKUGA28
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneT 14th February 2015, 11:15 am

ACKUGA28 wrote:Arrr Hun days 3-5 were the worst for me too and as for bloating my tummy is still very bloated now. The ice packs and gentle walking  helped me a lot ,It will get better Hun, take it easy, hope you feel better soon xx
ACKUGA28 im so glad you said about still having a swollen tummy.  It's driving me mad. We had surgery the same day and I thought the swelling would have gone by now. Oh well...Plenty more water and walking might sort it x
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Gembo 16th February 2015, 4:42 pm

I feel your pain I am on day three! Ribs and back all bruised , hard sitting still as so sore . How are you feeling now ?
Gembo
Gembo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 260

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down