Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elevated sleeping

+2
Charlii
Boobies2be
6 posters

Go down

Elevated sleeping Empty Elevated sleeping

Post by Boobies2be 23rd December 2014, 9:37 pm

Hi ladies,

How long should we sleep slightly upright?  I'm perfectly comfortable sleeping downstairs on the sofa as it's way more comfy than the bed with the headboard, but after 2 nights I'm already leaving my big bum indentation in the seat pads haha!

xx
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Elevated sleeping Empty Re: Elevated sleeping

Post by Charlii 23rd December 2014, 9:50 pm

Your surgeon/clinic will let you know. It depends on your swelling really. For me, 2 weeks, others longer, others shorter. You don't have to sleep bolt upright, just with your shoulders above your heart to help the swelling drain.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 23rd December 2014, 9:58 pm

Thanks Charlii  I Have my post op appointment on the 30th, so shall stick it out until then then :) x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th December 2014, 1:24 am

You're far too early yet Boobies2be. The reason you're asked to sleep 'propped up' (head and shoulders above your chest) is to help reduce the swelling it's generally around the two week mark that you're able to start sleeping in a better position for yourself. 

Do you have a V-pillow? If you haven't, then it is worth buying one. You can buy them from Argos pretty cheap and they'll help you go to bed where I'm sure you'll be far more comfortable, using just one or two pillows whichever you prefer along with your V-pillow. That's all you need to be 'propped up' it's totally unnecessary to be sleeping sat up sweetheart. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 24th December 2014, 3:26 am

I'm wide awake now because this sleeping on my back propped up is a little uncomfortable for me. I'm usually a side sleeper
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 24th December 2014, 9:44 am

I'm usually a aide sleeper too...I was up at 3 too...then 5...then I realised I hadn't pit the bin out which gets collected at 6 so there I was at 5, trying to hold my nipples whilst drag a full bin to the side of the road. Wasn't my finest moment! Boy oy boy do they zing when cold!!!
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th December 2014, 10:22 am

I think there's very few back sleepers. It is hard isn't it trying to sleep in a position you're not used to, but with the help of lots of pillows and the pillow fort lol. You can make yourself pretty comfortable.  

Due to health reasons I have no option but to sleep propped up now. I've been like this for years and for the first few months it was hell. But I'm actually used to it now and couldn't imagine sleeping any other way. 

It's funny how the body adjusts when it needs to isn't it. But I do sympathise with you girls trying to get a good nights sleep propped up. It's hard but doable and things do get better girls Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaB79 27th December 2014, 2:14 am

I must admit I found it not so much difficult sleeping propped up but sore at the base of my back and top of buttock on one side. 
It's a lot easier now and that discomfort has left me now.
Well worth investing in a v-pillow. Made the whole experience so much easier and comfortable, I don't even notice my metal headboard.

I will admit I'm looking forward to being able to sleep on my side in months to come lol.

Xx
AngelinaB79
AngelinaB79
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 27th December 2014, 1:30 pm

I was never told to sleep upright, but felt ok to lie a little flatter around week 4.
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down