Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

feeling nervous and unsure about my BA

+3
sammii
natalia
sasha11x
7 posters

Go down

feeling nervous and unsure about my BA Empty feeling nervous and unsure about my BA

Post by sasha11x 16th July 2009, 4:43 pm

On 2 July I had a consultation with Jesper Sorensen at the Hurlingham Clinic. He was very nice, extremely thorough and obviously experienced and an expert in his field. He suggested overs, which I wanted, moderate high profile, and probably about 250 or 270cc as he, and I, favour the natural look. I had macrolane injected in December as I was a 34AA, and am now a 34B, the macrolane will have to be taken out during the surgery,but I do hope to be a 34C.

However since booking I have felt quite nervous and not sure that I am doing the right thing. The expense worries me, the surgery fills me with dread, I don't like the idea of the scars, and I just hope they feel and look natural afterwards. Also, I have just split up from my boyfriend of 3 and a half years, and wonder what any new man I meet would think of me having had a boob job. The other thing that worries me is that I am 47, and am I just too old for this?

Reading these forums and other ones too, I know a lot of women have doubts and go through ups and downs about their BAs. I just wondered if anyone could advise me at all.

Today the letter arrived and I found the medical language quite daunting, the whole thing seemed alarming, and I thought am I mad to pay so much for this.

Please help! Should I cancel and continue with macrolane instead, although it is expensive for what it is?

Sasha x
sasha11x
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 129

Back to top Go down

feeling nervous and unsure about my BA Empty Re: feeling nervous and unsure about my BA

Post by natalia 16th July 2009, 4:55 pm

never to old hun i was 34 when i had mine i paid 3500 for day case but it was well worth it for me personally i finally feel like a women now its wonderful its normal to have these concerns everyone does
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

feeling nervous and unsure about my BA Empty Re: feeling nervous and unsure about my BA

Post by sammii 16th July 2009, 5:01 pm

Hi Sasha!
i think its perfectly normal to have these worries - i booked my ba a couple of weeks ago and once i did i felt sooo sick with worry...am i paying too much, worry about the surgery, am i doing the right thing etc etc, but after a week or so i am now just incredibly excited

for me i think it was just the shock of making a big and life changing decision...i don't think it would be normal to not have concerns xxx
sammii
sammii
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaF 16th July 2009, 5:40 pm

Hi Sasha

You are certainly not too old. If you said at 47 you were having 900 cc high profile implants or something then I might think (personally may I add) that it would be a mistake. What you are having is a natural nice size implant that will enhance what you already have. They will be really tasteful I assure you. The great thing I am realising about smaller implants is that they can be shown off / hidden as required, I had it in my head that I was going to be stuck with these two mountains that were obvious to all. Well thats not the case, so with this in mind you can chose to show off or not as and when required!

Years ago cosmetic surgery partcularly BAs were typically undergone by certain types of people trying to achieve a certain look. These days its used by such a variety of people for a range of reasons and you can use it to achieve whatever suits you.

I think its great that you are taking the plunge to do this in your forties, I think it says that you are proud of your appearance and want to make the best of yourself. There's often a tendancy for people to become complacent and put up with something they wish they'd changed ages ago, but you're actually doing something about it. And you do have the guts as you've gone ahead and booked it. I personally don't believe that any grown woman would go and book something like this if they didn't want it or hadn't thought it through - your just getting the nerves that most people do, and when we get the nerves we find any reason to rationalise them - too old, its too expensive, etc, etc.

Good luck and I think you will really regret cancelling. I did a post like this two days before my op - so worried i was making a mistake. Its very natural.

xxx
HannaF
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by orika 16th July 2009, 9:57 pm

(what a lovely post Hanna!)

Sasha I echo that it is quite normal to be nervous about this. I also suggest it is totally fine to reschedule to another date if you don't feel ready to go through with a BA yet, and want more time to research and think about it.

It is a huge decision to make, and I think sometimes I forget how - well, unusual it is, really, to get a BA. I don't know anyone else who has had one. All of my knowledge has come from research online and participating in forums like this. But I found that after a few months, it's all easier to get to grips with, and the whole thing does feel much more normal and easier.

- O x
orika
orika
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by missmarie60 16th July 2009, 10:08 pm

hi, i am 48 so you are definately not too old, i too worried about wether i was doing the right thing as i had lived so long with my 'non-boobs' and i worried about the scarring, how they would feel etc, but i can honestly say it is one of the best things i have ever done, i love my boobs, they look great and they feel great and if any man ( i am single now too) does'nt like me because of them then its there loss, i really enjoyed every part of my 'boob journey' even the day of my op as it was so much easier than i had expected and it is such a great feeling to wake up with boobs and know that they are yours, only you can make the descision, i made the right one for me and wish i had done it years ago...good luck with whatever you decide sasha Hug x
missmarie60
missmarie60
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 17th July 2009, 6:32 am

Your never to old to make the best of yourself whatever age you are. The op is the easy part, I didnt even see my sugeon in all his scrubs- he came in after I was asleep, and the GA just feels like a very good sleep.

The scars are barely visable- having seen my sisters who had hers done several years ago and you have to lift the breast up in order to see them anyway.

The more you do your reserach, look at pictures and go to consultations the better understanding you will have and tbh millions of woman get this done all the time. My only regret now is that I didnt get it done sooner.
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

Post by sasha11x 17th July 2009, 2:36 pm

Thanks to Natalia, sammii, Hanna, Orika, missmarie60 and dbs for your replies. They were really helpful and it was kind of you all to take the time to reassure me. You are right that you are never too old to care about your appearance, and, of course, I'm not getting huge implants which would look out of place. People have told me I look young for my age, so I think they will suit me.

It is a big decision, and I suppose I'm bound to feel anxious about all kinds of things. You are right that any man should just accept my decision to have a BA and hopefully find my breasts sexy.

I have enjoyed having some breasts since the macrolane in December, and looking at the photos before that, they were tiny and empty looking after breast feeding! I enjoy wearing clothes more, have sexy bras, (I used to have to buy bras for teenagers or bras from catalogues for small breasted women), which I love.

This forum is so great because it is full of useful information, and I think all the women on it are very supportive. Thanks to everyone, I do feel better for the time being! I guess I will feel worried and nervous about it all again!

Next I have to tell my daughters! I'm not telling my Mum, who is great but will tell me I shouldn't do it and can't afford it.

Sasha x
sasha11x
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down