Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling Nervous

4 posters

Go down

Feeling Nervous Empty Feeling Nervous

Post by Kurukullachis 7th January 2013, 4:01 pm

Hi Everyone

I had 400CC Medium Profile Unders in June 2009 through Mills and Mills in Spain. My surgeon was Brianda Mendoza (if anyone watched the ugly face of beauty that was me Feeling Nervous 683465. I had a massive heamotoma during surgery in my right breast and woke up being flung forward by her and had about 20 layers of bandages to stop the bleed. My right breast was mishapen immediately but was told this was because of the bleeding... Went and saw her the week i got back home and was told the same thing but she wanted to see me in 6 weeks time.. This never happened.. i chased and chased and bugged everyone possible but i never ever got a follow up appointment. I started getting pain in both breasts in the November but always wondered if it was due to the bra i was wearing so kept wearing sports bras as they were more comfortable.

My boobs became a better shape than they were but not what i expected (you can see my original post op boob sag over the implant - lovely!).. The pain was on and off for ages until last year it got to the point i thought i had a heart condition and went to my GP who was concerned. I contacted Mills again and somehow got an appointment in April of 2012 (nearly 3 years post surgery!!!) turns out i have grade 3 CC, the implant is too big for my muscle and apparently is sitting on a nerve.. needless to say i was grumpy as ever!! My original PS doesnt work for them anymore so had to see someone else which was fine. He said i would need revision surgery and smaller implants.. i raised concerns at the time that having a smaller implant would cause sagging due to my skin already being stretched before (this is common sense no?) and the surgeon ummed and ahhed and said he'd be using a high profile.

After months of fighting and them saying i had to pay (no no no!!), i got really fed up and contacted citizens advice, trading standards and channel 4 (oops lol) anyway needless to say they suddenly decided they were liable and would pay.. although then the next thing i am told is that they are doing me a favour because mills no longer exist Feeling Nervous 267328. Lots of contradictions etc.

Anyway i am booked in on Saturday (12/1) with Dr Mileto.. at Dolan Park. I do not have a PC C which makes my life extremely difficult and i am still adamanet a smaller implant will be saggy so i am going to push for him to lift them at the same time. He said he was concerned i wouldnt be happy but honestly i dont think anyone would be best pleased after a 3 year run around.

Just looking for some reassurance really. i wasnt nervous with the first one.. i am petrified about Saturday. Do you think that the right thing to do would be to ask for a lift at the same time.. i dont think i need an anchor just a nipple lift since they arent that droopy.

A very tired and exhausted sarah!
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Feeling Nervous Empty Re: Feeling Nervous

Post by mais04 7th January 2013, 4:13 pm

You poor thing! Its totally understandable that your nervous. I'm glad your finally getting a re-op, have heard good things and also seen a great avi on someone on here (not sure who) who had dr Mileto. What happened to you last time is very rare. Try to relax and enjoy your day. Hope you get the boobs you want xx Feeling Nervous 571992
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th January 2013, 4:15 pm

So sorry to read your story and the further distress caused to you by the clinic Hug

I think you're right to raise concern about a lift Sarah and should make it clear that if you won't be happy if your new boobs are sagging from having the smaller implants (what profile are your current implants and what size and profile will your new ones be?)

Please ensure you have your surgeon state in his notes in writing your concerns. Trust me hun, what your surgeon writes in those notes are what are referred back to later should you not be happy, so this is very important, even though its Saturday you're having the surgery. As you know you'll see your surgeon before your op so will have time to go through this with him. Explain to him giving him your permission to do the lift if he feels that's what is required to give you a good look from this surgery.

Having been through a dreadful time myself with clinic/surgery I can totally empathise, but all does eventually come good Sarah and I've learned the hard way as it seems you have too that you have to be demanding and direct in stating what you want from surgery and to fight hard if you don't get it!

Wishing you all the luck in the world Sarah and if you'd like to read my story [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to see your not alone and there is light at the end of the tunnel, its there for you to read hun.

Think positive! And you'll do just fine Sarah. Xxxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 7th January 2013, 4:16 pm

Sorry to hear you've had a such a bad time Hun.

If your looking at having a lift at the same time they need to know in advance and it's longer in surgery so may or may not be covered as its extra work if it's something you want or need you need to discuss it before Saturday .

So do you know what size implant you're having this time round? X
X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 7th January 2013, 4:24 pm

Well i've mentioned it a few times and mentioned it to my original nurse who called me over christmas as they needed my recent blood test results on my thyroid and he said just speak to Dr Mileto before hand. I have mentioned it to the Dr Mileto on a couple of occassions too.

I have 400CC Medium Profile unders at the moment.. Im a 30GG and a size 8-10 in clothes.. i was a 6 when i got them done.. i got fatter lol. My last op was meant to take 45 minutes and took 3.5 hours so i think they can do whatever i want considering it was a total bodge job. Pretty sure i am going first too since i have a latex allergy and was also told revisions go 1st because its more work?

TBH i cant remember what size.. maybe 360 high profile, im stressed the entire time i speak to them so cant remember. i was so on top of everything before but feel rather out of the loop at the moment..

Stupid question but will they give me my old ones to come home with hahaha.. all my friends are like we want to try them in our bras!! i suppose its the only way to try and lighten my mood is being silly about it!

Cookie i'll go read your story now:D
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th January 2013, 4:35 pm

You can ask if they'll give you your old implants back...after all you paid for them babe and they do belong to 'you'

I totally understand the stress and sheer exhaustion of fighting with a clinic and fighting to get what you feel is right Sarah. But sweetie, as stressed as you are you may only get one shot at this so you have to make it matter! Be firm in telling your surgeon what you want from this surgery. Ensuring what you want is written in those notes before you have surgery is so important so don't sign anything until its there in black and white that if a lift is required to ensure your breasts aren't saggy then it will be done. Only sign when you see this Sarah, because words don't matter, as far as they're concerned right now you've agreed to the smaller implants so if you're unhappy afterwards you may not have a leg to stand on.

None of this is what you want to be thinking of on the run up to your BA, but for some of us sadly this is the case and instead of having that happiness to enjoy the build up it can often be replaced by anxiety. But this is NORMAL for many of us having revision Sarah. After things going wrong the first time around I think we're even more scared the second that things will go wrong again, but you WILL be OK and hopefully with us to support you, you can lean on us and we'll help to make things just that little bit easier for you lovely.

You've had a hellish time so far and after Saturday you have so much good things to come! Stars xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 7th January 2013, 4:41 pm

Good luck for Saturday Hun, as cookie said revision can be daunting and again I'd know as I've had it for bottoming out . But I'm sure all will be fine and worth it in the end. X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 7th January 2013, 5:02 pm

im giving my friend a list of stuff to ask if i forget.. purely because i have a bit of a sieve brain when im stressed. She is quite forceful too. My sister just text to see if it was this weekend or next.. offered to take me.. wish she'd said soon actually as she would sit on them til they did what i want hahaha.. I will make sure he writes it down though. He always seemed very pleasent and i am not one for liking people immediately.

logic just says to me if you put in a smaller implant then they need lifting.. there is no other way about it! *sigh* looking forward to being able to sleep more than anything!!!!
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th January 2013, 8:43 am

I'm no surgeon hun, but logic tells me the same, you're receiving less CCs but replacing with less width and more forward projection, less width. And only a 40CC difference at that which again leaves a little confuddled seeing as the surgeon seems to feel its the actual size of implants causing the problem.

Do make this point also Sarah if you know the implant make you can also be armed with measurements of the implant too because right now considering the problem your surgeon states you have there could be a possiblility to be not enough of a decrease to be entirely sure the nerve compression will be resolved. Again when you ask these questions be sure what your surgeon says is written down as well as your concerns also.

If your friend is asked to leave when you're seen by the surgeon (never say never) you really are going to have to prepare to stand up for yourself Sarah. So be strong hun!

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 8th January 2013, 9:01 am

Lol I am a feisty south Londoner so will tell him no, and I'm happy for Emma to stay the entire time. She wants to be a nurse so will be good for her too.

I will have a google at my current ones I know exactly what they are, have my warranty somewhere. I did wonder at the time actually how it was going to make a difference although I believe it will be to do with the width.. I wish we had feel o forum lol you can feel the implant and the capsule underneath (its disgusting you can push it in and out).

What concerns me is I got told different things by different people I never knew it was on the nerve just thought it was CC and too big until the lady I was shouting at about money told me it was on the nerve..

I will ask for a full explanation and how a couple of teaspoons will make a difference? It's all paid for so he has to do whatever he needs to do to correct it.. Apparently he wavered his fee (which is rubbish because I saw him write it wasn't waivered) and they wanted me to pay theatre costs (£1000) which got a swift no. I never did get a written response from my 5 page letter of complaint.

It just makes it all so stressful, it's meant to be exciting.. I am far from excited!! My anxiety is through the roof!! I'm going to write my list of questions once I get back from cotton knicker shopping lol and will post it for you to add to if that's alright :)
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th January 2013, 10:16 am

Feel free to post what you like babe and please hun. Do not be fooled into believing that surgery has been agreed that you can get what 'you' want. You couldn't be further from the truth. You'll only get what is essentially necessary to solve the problem. Aesthetic appearances unless discussed and agreed up will not be in the surgeons mind at all. If you can Email your surgeon or better still get to see him before Saturday I personally feel this is going to be your best option hun.

Yes, some of the witch will be replaced by more forward projection for you in changing from medium to high profile, so your surgeon could feel they get anyway with just a straight swop in profile. But its really 'up to you' to get everything covered BEFORE you have this surgery Sarah... 'Hoping' everything is OK isn't going to help afterwards if you aren't happy and I've sought legal advice myself myself lovely, as long as the CC is sorted they aren't 'obligated' to sort anything else out for you.

Get EVERYTHING in writing. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 8th January 2013, 1:25 pm

I've emailed the nurse in Spain who called me before Christmas asking for Dr Miletos email address. Whether I get it is a whole different issue. According to citizens advice I didn't get what I paid for so aesthetically it should be in his mind but I very muc doubt it is. I have no faith in this company at all. It's horrible because you have to be so forceful :(
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th January 2013, 3:22 pm

Believe me, I KNOW what you're going through Smike

Trust me when I tell you Sarah that they are only legally obliged to pay for the replacement implants and surgery.. TRUST ME? Been there and done it hun.

Unless you have your surgeon state in writing that he is willing to do the surgery required to give you the look you want, they WILL only do what is necessary.

I've exhausted the system babe and they have every avenue covered. I tried so desperately hard to get help after a rupture distorted my breast beyond repair. The clinic were only legally required to replace the ruptured implant. The consequences of a BA (body reactions and nerves) are NOT legally covered.

So ensure what you want is written in your notes Sarah. Honestly, I can't say it enough, its so important to do this BEFORE you have the surgery to avoid another fight on your hands should you not be happy after. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 8th January 2013, 3:40 pm

I've emailed them.. They're passing it onto the surgeon so waiting for a response.. I have reiterated everything him and I have discussed previously as a reminder. In some ways I have a slight advantage with them because I can use the press to my advantage, that's the only reason I got everything free because I threatened to contact the production team of the programme I did for them..! I did contact them so just need to make a call but it's really not my style.. I hate fighting all this!
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th January 2013, 3:50 pm

Me too babe, I don't think anyone enjoys fighting for what's right, but there are times such as now for you when you do have to speak up. Regardless of TV/media anything. As long as they do what's required of them legally they can then be held at no fault. This is why I'm telling banging on about being clear in writing lovely.

Sorry if I sound like I'm going on but having dealt with a clinic and the legalities behind them its so bloody hard to corner them, they literally have got it all covered. Xxxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 8th January 2013, 3:53 pm

Well half my problem is they don't respond this is the issue I was having sorting anything they never contacted me.. I literally stalked them, I kept a paper trail, made a complaint, never got a response rang and kicked off (9 months later!!!) and then got summoned to a meeting. Sadly for them they contradicted themselves in writing and I kept it.. They also don't keep any of their patient files so have nothing on my original surgery how awful is that!

It's everso draining all this.
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th January 2013, 4:41 pm

I know sweetness.... I know Hug

Hard as it is, you keep at 'em hun and hopefully after Saturday this will soon all become a distant memory and can then go on to enjoy your new boobs. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down