Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health & BA - advice would be greatly appreciated.

5 posters

Go down

Health & BA - advice would be greatly appreciated. Empty Health & BA - advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post by Roses27 31st October 2014, 7:09 am

hello,
I was just wondering if anyone on here has had a BA and also has endometriosis, I'm obviously going to be discussing this at my consultation next week but I really wanted to know if anyone has had a BA with endometriosis before ? I'm wondering if the surgeon will want to just run a mile from me....as some one had said to me it can be classed as an autoimmune disorder and then there's the whole possible correlation between implants and autoimmune disease !
Hope my journey isn't over before its begun !
Roses 
X
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 565

Back to top Go down

Health & BA - advice would be greatly appreciated. Empty Re: Health & BA - advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post by Roses27 31st October 2014, 8:19 am

Just to clarify incase my explaining isn't great, endometriosis is where the lining of my womb doesn't come out just as a period it also attached itself to my insides, and forms little lesions and spots, I've had it all lasered off and now have the coil fitted so no periods means nearly 0 chance of it coming back 
Xx
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Health & BA - advice would be greatly appreciated. Empty Re: Health & BA - advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post by anneritchley 31st October 2014, 9:36 am

I would have thought it would be ok but I'm not your surgeon. Someone on here must have the same condition that can give you advice!! I'm sure that everyone who had a boob job is free from every health complaint. I hope it all goes well for you. And you get the advice you are after
Xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 31st October 2014, 10:11 am

I don't have any experience of this but there are ladies on here who have autoimmune diseases who have had boob jobs. But your surgeon will advise!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 31st October 2014, 10:42 am

Hi,
When reading your post I then typed in Endometriosis into the search bar & it came up with 2 previous posts on here regarding Endometriosis.
In one of the the posts there are a few ladies who have had their BA's, so don't think this will be an issue for you.   Hug   XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 31st October 2014, 12:01 pm

Thanks for replying ladies, I just used the search bar too and saw 2 threads so it definitely doesn't seem to be a massive problem, hope surgeon agrees, 
Also tried searching for anyone who had used Nick percival for their BA and the posts are from 2009... Does anyone know anyone more recent than this who has used mr percival ?
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 31st October 2014, 1:28 pm

Myself and our Admin Cookie (Im sure she wont mind the mention) both have auto-immune diseases, and have both had ours done. She was diagnosed pre op, me post op. There have been discussions on here whether implants can cause or exacerbate issues, or whether issues can lead to implant problems. The answer isn't clear. There's no straight up evidence of cause or effect either way. However logic says that auto immune disease causes over activity in the immune system, therefore there's a higher chance of rejection or complication (capsular contracture). BUT if you're disease is well managed, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

I have Adult Onset Stills Disease, was diagnosed in June after swelling up like the pilsbury dough boy! I'm currently on a controlled reducing treatment of steroids, and will be until at least May 2015. I've discussed my implants with my Rheumatologist, and my AOSD with my surgeon, and both said the same - its well controlled, we've got your inflammation levels back down to normal relatively quickly, there is nothing to worry about at the moment. I think if you were out of control long term, there would be cause for concern.

I cant speak re the surgeon, but I hope this has helped.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 31st October 2014, 1:44 pm

Thank you so much for replying, I seem to be just focusing on every single negative thing that could potentially happen, but at the same time think that's a good thing because hopefully I'll be fully prepared if something (fingers x'd not) ever did happen, I've been wanting a BA for 10 years but have 3 young children (9,7,4) and feel nows a good time for me to have them done, just struggling to get past the doom and gloom of complications at the mo, but my husband has said that this has affected me for so long it's about time I just went for it, does everyone feel like this or am I just feeling this way because I'm mum (and one of my children is disabled) so maybe that could be why I'm being too much of a worrier xx
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 31st October 2014, 4:30 pm

Every mom that comes through here has the same worry. Its a mixture of the surgery fear (what if something goes wrong on the table and I don't come out) and the worry of being selfish (its a lot of money, I could be spending on the kids). But theres one bit of advice that absolutely stands - happy mom, happy kids. You're doing it for you, yes, but the smiles and stories I read post op about how its boosted womens confidence and made them so much happier with themselves will ulitimately show and shine through and reflect in your children (sounds sappy, I know!)

As for complications - theres always going to be a risk in anything you do, but you've got to weigh that up against the positives. If the pluses win, go for it!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 31st October 2014, 6:42 pm

Thank yo for replying Charlii, yep it's exactly that, but I agree with u, for years now I've not taken them(kids) swimming (pay someone to do that) and generally do nothing which makes me self conscious of my top half, it's the only part of me I dislike enough to want to change, really need to sit down with hubby and explain the risks, I did say to him if it all goes wrong and I end up looking even more horrendous than now will u leave me?.... His reply.... Don't be silly were in this together.... Even tho he's not a 100% on me having it but again he wants me to be more confident... No more lights off when things get intimate, ;-)
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 31st October 2014, 7:18 pm

It's good that you worry about the risks, as it means you're entering the decision making an informed choice! All I would say is nothing needs to be permanent....so don't worry about them making you look horrendous! That's not going to happen! I stressed for ages about size and then my surgeon said to me "don't worry, if they aren't right we'll take them out and start again". Although repeat surgery isn't ideal, it made me realise that you can whip them in and whip them out. Obviously it's not easy and the decision shouldn't be taken lightly, but it's different to a nose job which you can't really undo! I still worry every day that something will go wrong but so far so good. Follow the surgeons advice and risks will be minimised as much as poss. And maybe have an emergency fund in case something goes wrong after your aftercare has expired. But remember there are way more success stories than stories of complications!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 31st October 2014, 7:28 pm

Already been thinking of the future and think if I go ahead with BA then ill put away like 20 quid a week just incase I need it, I suppose my very biggest fear is having them and then having to get rid of them and not having the option to put them back in, once I've got great boobs I don't then want to be faced with losing them, I'm hoping im going into this with a realistic eye, I'm not after perfect boobs, I just want a nice pair, not fussed if they aren't perfectly symmetrical it'll just be nice to have a decent pair that look good In tops and give me a better perspective of my self and a bit more confidence  
X
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 31st October 2014, 7:50 pm

I'm exactly the same! I don't have perfect boobs as one is slightly bigger than the other and 1 nipple slightly higher but I imagine most natural boobs aren't symmetrical and what I have now is millions times better then my 34aa deflated post breast feeding boobs!! I love them! That said, it is sometimes still hard not to be self critical!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 31st October 2014, 9:29 pm

No pair of boobs are symmetrical. We always say on here sisters not twins! Its biology, I believe the left tends to be the slightly larger one due to blood flow what with being over the heart. Its good to note though that any differences in them you have now is just going to be heightened with a BA (unless its huge now and the surgeon goes for 2 different implants to even out). But you've clearly thought about all the what ifs, so you can make an informed decision. Know what you want to get out of it, know what aftercare you want, and know to assert yourself, don't just bow to the surgeon. They wield the knife, but its your body. Mine aren't identical or 'perfect', but they're better than the bee stings I was graced with naturally! Besides, they're perfect for me!

No other half is going to be 100% fully on board. Id be worried if they were! They give you all the reasons, 'I love you as they are' but it comes down to the same fear - its a voluntary surgery, and they're scared. Once you discuss that, its much easier for them to understand. Take your OH with you to the consultations, that way you'll both know everything, and be able to ask the different Qs you might have.

Its also great that you're forward thinking already. The problem with BA is that you cant just get one! Well you could, but its not recommended. They say you should replace every 10-15yrs if there are no complications. So many girls start a boob pot for the 2nd as soon as they're done with the 1st. Mine will be paid off by Feb, but I'll still be putting that money away for next time, be that 6m, 6yr or 16yr.

The best thing you can do is be informed. Gain as much knowledge as you can. And you've come to the right place for that. We wont BS or glamorise anything - just straight up truths!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down