Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are the chances of complication ladies

+3
Charlii
tinkerbell24
WOOWOO55
7 posters

Go down

what are the chances of complication ladies Empty what are the chances of complication ladies

Post by WOOWOO55 9th August 2014, 12:19 pm

so much to think about
WOOWOO55
WOOWOO55
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 302

Back to top Go down

what are the chances of complication ladies Empty Re: what are the chances of complication ladies

Post by tinkerbell24 11th August 2014, 10:21 am

with everything there is the chance of complictations and ive had my fair few

CC
needed the muscles relaxed as they never loosened and that meant my implants couldnt dropped
also needed my crease lowered

I do think that its down to me not agreeing with my surgeon 100% I had wanted implants in the 400cc but it was never going to be possible surgeon recommended 340cc HP and I said lets do 380cc MP but he could only get the 360cc MP in and that was a squeeze

I want to get MP out and HP in

if you are aware that complications can happen then if they do its slightly easier to deal with and as long as you have a good aftercare plan then it will all be covered xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

what are the chances of complication ladies Empty Re: what are the chances of complication ladies

Post by Charlii 11th August 2014, 10:31 am

No one will be able to give you a % chance of complications. Its just going to be one of those things. There are certain things you can do to reduce this, lifestyle and implant, but then you could still get a complication. You just have to go in knowing all the facts, and make sure you have a good aftercare package.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th August 2014, 3:14 pm

Totally agree with Charlii.

Complications are part and package of having a BA. Research shows that for the majority if us, by ten years after implantation we will have had a complication. 

It's very important that you're aware of these complications prior to agreeing to surgery. You will find lots of information in the Breast Augmentation Information section of the forum. 

As long as you're fully informed and aware of the risks and are happy to go with that then all is fine lovely. 

For the majority of us here, the need to have boobs by far outweigh the threat if a complication. Smike
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by WOOWOO55 12th August 2014, 3:31 pm

hello and thanx for all your replies.so would u say that i need to be thinking longterm and would be changing my implants around every ten years?
WOOWOO55
WOOWOO55
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th August 2014, 4:10 pm

Yes, you need to think about the risks related to breast augmentation.

Please note that I did say there is a risk you could need your implants replaced by ten years and not every ten years.

For myself, my first implants lasted me 3 years, my 2nd ones have lasted 4 years - two lots of implants 'within' 10 years. 

So you should be prepared for complications from the day of implantation, because we never know when a complication could happen, IF indeed it does... As I said, there are some ladies that never have a complication at all, but these are few.

It's advisable to open account especially for your next boobs - a booby account!

Just put in there what you can every month and then at least if you are unlucky to be out of aftercare and have a complication, you'll have the money set aside to replace yourself, or possibly a good portion of the money, so you're not panicking about that if it were to happen. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 12th August 2014, 4:41 pm

Absolutely, getting boobs is not a one time thing. Even if you do get lucky, it's advisable to replace the implant every 10-15years anyway as there are no long term studies on the affects on the body and the integrity of the implant.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by WOOWOO55 12th August 2014, 6:21 pm

thanx for all your help ladies and now il sit and count down the days Stars
WOOWOO55
WOOWOO55
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsbells 12th August 2014, 6:39 pm

I think it is important to remember that forums in general do tend to have a rather pessimistic slant as they are the first places people tend to look when they get a problem.

It can give the impression that certain issues are a lot more common than they actually are.
Hellsbells
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Franbo 12th August 2014, 7:13 pm

Totally the above and I also think that 'we' are more likely to say that something is bad/wrong then when things are good.

Society seems to not like happy optimistic people who want to share good news.
Franbo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 223

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 12th August 2014, 9:36 pm

I don't regret having my done. I have a minor complication, in that my one.implant didn't drop so sits too high and I droop under it with my natural.tissue,  so in a bra I'm fine but I'm having another op to open the pocket up more. I do love the confidence I have found tho.
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by WOOWOO55 13th August 2014, 11:00 am

completley agree with what your saying as i was very excited about having it done and after joining the forum felt alot off negitive thoughts and worry,take on board all the good and not so good and turned it back into  exciting thoughts thanx ladies :ok:
WOOWOO55
WOOWOO55
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 13th August 2014, 12:22 pm

I actually dont think that this forum has very many girls with problems or regret having them done but we do tell it like it is haha

I have a wee fund already started fot my next BA xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th August 2014, 12:18 pm

Hellsbells wrote:I think it is important to remember that forums in general do tend to have a rather pessimistic slant as they are the first places people tend to look when they get a problem.

It can give the impression that certain issues are a lot more common than they actually are.
I think as a forum, Breast Buddies offer a very fair an honest response to those asking about complications. How common complications are is of little consequence. The fact is they can and do occur and they could happen to any one of us no matter how good your surgeon or clinic is, at any time right from the day of implantation. The lack of information surrounding the complication rates in this country is appalling making it impossible for us to give any definitive response on complication rates as a whole. (some implant catalogues do give 'some' complication rates) BAAPS has been pushing parliament for years to take this matter on board along with many other risk factors surrounding this business but to date they are still being ignored leaving very little regulation for our protection. BAAPS want every clinic to log all complications and to make the results public, this will be of help not only to the patient, but for the clinics too who can monitor independent surgeons complications rates. To research complications and to be prepared for them prior to booking is something we, as a forum, very much encourage here to help women make a fully informed decision.

You're right that women with problems do look for support when they have a complication, but it's no more then pre-oppers looking for information and support too. There may often be more focus on threads made by women having had/or have a complication because a) pre-oppers are curious to know what's going on and b) there my be members who can empathise having gone through the same or similar so can advise based on their experience.

WOOWOO55 wrote: i was very excited about having it done and after joining the forum felt alot off negitive thoughts and worry
I'm sorry you felt that way WOOWOO. But the longer you're here the more you'll find we're not a forum who will glamourise this surgery. We want women to empower themselves with as much information as possible before making any decisions and having a BA is a huge decision to make. It's an exciting time when you have made that decision and I hope you've found that the ladies here have joined in your excitement and shared in your joy that whether they be pre or post-oppers here - we really are all in it together.  Hug 

But as you read on in your research here, you WILL find that along with the good that jumps out of the forum and helps boost your excitement, there's the bad and we will not gloss over those threads for the sake of saving pre-oppers from worrying. If you're worried, please ask about what it is you're specifically worried about and hopefully as a 'support forum' we will be able to help with those concerns.

If you feel threads made by women having had a complication or worrying about having one throws out a negative image, then maybe a little more research will help. The more you read, the more empowered you'll feel, helping you go into surgery with a positive attitude knowing every aspect of the surgery you're about to have.

When I had my first BA, I was totally ignorant to the possibility of complication. This forum wasn't around then and my surgeon simply didn't see fit to inform me, so when I did have a complication I went in total panic mode, I didn't know what was happening, I didn't know if it could be fixed, I didn't know if it would affect my health, I didn't know anything, so the thoughts that ran round my head made me an absolute wreck. 

Had this forum and all the information it has had been here I'd have known I was safe, I'd have known there was no need for panic, I'd have known it could be fixed and I could have saved myself a lot of heartache. 

So having the benefit of all information, good or bad, can only be a positive and should you be unlucky to have a complication I'm sure you'll find Breast Buddies information will be of much comfort and reassurance to you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th August 2014, 2:18 pm

if it werent for this forum with the journey ive had I really dont think id still have the implants in as I was just getting to the stage I hated them and the compliations but around the time I had my reop this forum was heaving so so busy and my complications were easily out weighed by the others having such easy recovery great results and loving their journey xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down