Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Situation...!

+4
Mammamia
Charlii
kezjb
Purple123
8 posters

Go down

Situation...! Empty Situation...!

Post by Purple123 22nd June 2014, 12:59 pm

Hi ladies  wavey 

My childhood best friend who moved to Australia when we were little has messaged me to say that she is going to be in England and can come visit me 12/13th July! 

Except my BA is on the 8th July  shrug 

I don't really want to tell her that I'm having a BA so not really sure what to do! 
I would love to see her of course, it's been a long time. I am aware that I won't be up to much 4 days after my BA so I would like some advice please?!  :ok: 

Thanks all  Hug
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

Situation...! Empty Re: Situation...!

Post by kezjb 22nd June 2014, 1:12 pm

Could you not just have a girlie night and a takeaway?? I haven't had an op yet so no idea how I will feel 4 days post op.
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 22nd June 2014, 1:33 pm

That's not a bad idea but what shall I say about my restricted movement abilities?
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 22nd June 2014, 1:39 pm

I'm gonna be honest with you - 4 days post, your gonna feel like sh1t. If you're lucky, you might have gotten out for a hair wash and had a baby wipe bath. You won't have showered (unless you've got waterproof glue), your ga will be leaving your system, you'll be bloated, hormonal, and frankly a hot mess. I'm not trying to put you off, I'm just letting you know what you can expect day4. You might be ok. But if you are the above, you won't really be wanting visitors. 

Personally, I think if you really want to see her so early post op, you're going to have to go with at least some of the truth. She needs to know you can't go out and you might be a mess, otherwise too much will be expected, and you might do yourself a mischief trying to hide it. Perhaps tell her you'd love to see her, but you're booked in for an op (that you'd rather not discuss) and you won't be up for anything more than a cup of tea and a chinwag.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 22nd June 2014, 2:11 pm

It's so tricky,  I really want to see her- it's been about 10 years and I don't know when we'll get our next chance to meet! 
I think I'll tell her that I'm having an op so won't be up to much and we can get a takeaway and have a chat but I'm likely to get tired easily. 
Thank you x
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 22nd June 2014, 2:27 pm

Can you tell a white lie and say you've had an op to have a cyst/lump/lipoma removed? That would justify your restricted movement, pain etc. I'm 4 days post op today and I'm actually fine and look normal, but I had overs and everyone's different!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 22nd June 2014, 3:01 pm

I don't know about you but with a close friend I would not be able to keep my mouth shut and would be bursting to tell them :)
I am so gutted it's my cousins wedding in September and I won't have had my op, would love to show them off to my close family who I don't see much.
Although having said that my aunty has just had a mascetomy so probably not appropriate.
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 22nd June 2014, 3:06 pm

Yes I might tell her a white lie, with a few of my friends I've just had to tell them! But because it's been so long I'm not comfortable telling her so I think I'll go with Mammamias suggestion.
Thanks! X
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 22nd June 2014, 3:11 pm

Slipped disc is a good one too!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jendav 22nd June 2014, 4:25 pm

I definitely couldn't have hidden it 4 days post op.  Firstly I was quite uncomfortable, pain wise etc, but also my surgeon had me in some weird post op garments that were pretty difficult to hide, especially in warm weather.  Not only a post op bra but like a giant tubigrip that I had to wear for a week.  This seems to vary by surgeon so you might not have that problem

xx
jendav
jendav
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie000 23rd June 2014, 10:43 am

On my 4th day post op I didnt feel too bad surprisingly. The 3rd day post op I treated myself to getting my hair washed & blowed dry at a salon so didnt look or feel too bad and I was walking around town buying larger sized sports bras!

On the 4th day post op I went out with some friends to play bingo, not very glamorous but not too strenuous either and then I sat in a bar for a couple of hours too chatting with friends. I felt better for getting out for a couple of hours and was fine as long as I kept up with taking my painkillers.

I would see how you are nearer the time but can get round the fact that you are stiff and in pain by saying that you have cracked a rib or pulled a muscle in your back if you dont want to tell your friend. 

x
Ruthie000
Ruthie000
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 23rd June 2014, 1:58 pm

Firstly Thank you all good your advice! 
I messaged my friend to say that I was having an op (not serious) and that it would be great to see her but to warn her I'd not be 100% and likely to bebleugh due to the GA etc.
She's suggested coming about 10 days later instead so I think that will work out a lot better! 

You guys are the best  group hug
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie000 23rd June 2014, 2:10 pm

Thats great news for you, I'm sure at 10 days later you will be feeling much better by then  Thumbsup
Ruthie000
Ruthie000
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 23rd June 2014, 2:28 pm

Brill news, worth letting her know something wasn't right in advance :)
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 23rd June 2014, 3:18 pm

Perfect! I imagine when you see her she won't even ask what the op was or mention it and 10 days past you'll hopefully be feeling 'normal'!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaArden 23rd June 2014, 8:41 pm

It was a while ago when I had mine but I think I was a lucky one and I recovered quite well, I could lift a kettle and wash my hair, I was sore but not that bad and I wasn't taking all the painkillers. If you can handle the pain, it's the GA that will have you instead. I remember going for a little shop with my mum and I couldn't keep up with her walking, and it wasn't like we walked far or fast! And I was constantly sleepy. I think the idea of a night in sounds like a great idea, maybe just say you're on some tablets that make you drowsy, or like the others said Maybe a little white lie. Hope I've helped x
EmmaArden
EmmaArden
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Soosie73 23rd June 2014, 9:01 pm

Agree with Charlii , I didn't have a GA but still felt bloated , sore and generally a bit yucky . I'd just confess or she'll wonder what's wrong with you .x
Soosie73
Soosie73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down