Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone successfully kept it secret?!

+12
jjfluffy
_amberjx
Purple123
mirren001
suzanne1980
loui1981
Dollydoo3
Mammamia
kdeee
MissyM
Princess_x
Daisychains
16 posters

Go down

Has anyone successfully kept it secret?! Empty Has anyone successfully kept it secret?!

Post by Daisychains 5th June 2014, 8:05 pm

I don't want to tell anyone but hubby and 2 close friends if I go for the BA. I can't stand the idea of always being known for it, people disapproving or always feeling conscious of it. But firstly I don't know whether the temptation to tell will get too much, or if I won't be able to lie about why I'm in Pain etc after the op. I always wear V padded bras so am hoping size wise no one will notice but am worried I'll still be self conscious and I won't be able to lie if asked directly!!
Daisychains
Daisychains
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Has anyone successfully kept it secret?! Empty Re: Has anyone successfully kept it secret?!

Post by Princess_x 5th June 2014, 8:11 pm

Size wise, it's possible for people not to notice, but I think for most people it comes out in the end. They slip up, end up telling people or just get fed up of lying about it x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Has anyone successfully kept it secret?! Empty Re: Has anyone successfully kept it secret?!

Post by MissyM 5th June 2014, 8:18 pm

Daisychains wrote:I don't want to tell anyone but hubby and 2 close friends if I go for the BA. I can't stand the idea of always being known for it, people disapproving or always feeling conscious of it. But firstly I don't know whether the temptation to tell will get too much, or if I won't be able to lie about why I'm in Pain etc after the op. I always wear V padded bras so am hoping size wise no one will notice but am worried I'll still be self conscious and I won't be able to lie if asked directly!!
I've only told the female side of my family and my 2 best friends. I'm quite a private person when it comes to things like this and don't feel the need to share with everyone. I get quite self conscious and worry about other peoples opinions too much! No-one else has said anything so far. To be fair, I work in an office so my work clothes aren't very revealing day-to-day and I previously always worn a padded push-up bra. But even if someone did notice I doubt they would assume I'd had surgery. And even if they did they wouldn't be forward enough to ask. If they noticed wouldn't they just think you've got a new bra? Unless it was a very obvious change surgery wouldn't be my first assumption. 
xx
MissyM
MissyM
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 5th June 2014, 8:25 pm

Only my immediate family and 4 closest friends know and none of my colleagues have noticed (or are too polite to ask). I only told most of them after I had it done.
Most of my friends/relatives don't know and I don't feel I need to tell them as it makes no difference. 
Well not even my father knows! x
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 5th June 2014, 8:50 pm

I've been having the same thoughts! I've told my mum and closest friends, but not planning on telling other friends (who I still see weekly ) and colleagues. Or hubby's parents! I'm hoping they won't notice, or perhaps notice but won't say anything. I also don't know what to say to my Pilates and circuits instructors as they will think it's very strange that I'm having 6 weeks off so I need to think of an excuse but I see both out of class too so need to think about that one! Initially when I first started exploring my ba I planned for a small implant as I didn't want anyone to notice, but then I thought I'm doing this for me, and a slightly bigger implant would suit my frame better so what the heck! Hoping they don't notice or raise the subject, but if they do at least I can be assured I've done what's right for me!

If anyone has any good 'absence' excuses do share!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Dollydoo3 5th June 2014, 8:52 pm

My husband is like the local newspaper, he can't keep anything secret, so I know I will struggle. X
Dollydoo3
Dollydoo3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 5th June 2014, 9:17 pm

Ha ha dollydoo that made me chuckle! He'll be very proud of your new twins!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Dollydoo3 5th June 2014, 9:20 pm

Think he has offered everyone a look, knowing him he is probably charging trying to get some money back. He is a nightmare good job I love him. Haha xx Blush
Dollydoo3
Dollydoo3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 6th June 2014, 5:42 am

I was doin good keeping secret til I went out with the mumsat the school and got drunk n blabbed well done me doh!
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by suzanne1980 6th June 2014, 7:37 am

I had mine done mon 2nd June and so far managed to keep it between myself husband mum and sisters. I've made up the excuse that I have cracked my ribs and have become a great liar about it to lol. I've even managed to get a free month out of the gym by telling them I can't come due to my cracked ribs.Don't know how long it will remain a secret I will probably be like you Loui and blab to people when I have had a drink.
suzanne1980
suzanne1980
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 6th June 2014, 8:19 am

I am into my 2nd year post op & only my hubby, eldest daughter,sister,mother & sister in law know, so far no one else has noticed & haven't felt the need to tell anyone else. A pulled muscle was a sufficient enough excuse to cover my physical limitations in the 1st couple of weeks after my op. I think people who are not BA savvy expect someone who has a BA to have massive boobs so unless you are going really big most people won't notice. There is the temptation though once you have your fab new boobs and in the excitement of it all to want to share them with the world ....  Flash lolXXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 6th June 2014, 9:25 am

I was going to keep it quiet from everyone (except my sisters and mum) but got drunk and according to my bf I was telling everyone... doh!!!
Maybe they'll forget???
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by _amberjx 7th June 2014, 10:13 am

i thought about keeping it quite but am far too excited and told a few work colleagues lol everyone has been supportive though
_amberjx
_amberjx
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by jjfluffy 7th June 2014, 10:51 am

Hi I only told my daughter, partner and two friends. I didn't want to tell my parents they haven't noticed or haven't said anything yet. As far as work goes I work in a school as supply teaching assistant I've taken some holiday. I going to tell them I have had a operation but not for ba. 
Xx
jjfluffy
jjfluffy
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonmcc1979 7th June 2014, 1:49 pm

Oh god i was so excited when i went for my consulation i couldnt keep my mouth shut! Even work knows what ive booked time off for, but i am glad as they are being proper understanding and will be easing me back in gently lol
Must admit tho, minate it was booked and set in stone i wished i hadnt told so many people...defo regretting it now .But i was sooooooo EXCITED haha  dance
sharonmcc1979
sharonmcc1979
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCheese 7th June 2014, 2:43 pm

I told obviously my husband, mother and sister. I had it done in March and no one else has mentioned it to be honest. I'm hoping it will stay that way. I haven't felt tempted to mention it to my friends even after a couple of drinks, as I feel I can't explain my reasons properly then. I like keeping it a secret x
MrsCheese
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 381

Back to top Go down

Post by Newby1987 8th June 2014, 10:25 am

This was one of my worries too but I've managed to keep it pretty much secret! No one at work knows, started wearing normal bras again last week and I wore a tight tshirt (I never wear tight stuff to work really) and at lunch a couple of the girls were saying my boobs looked huge today! I just said it was a new bra! The last thing they would have been thinking was that I'd had a secret boob job! I told my parents (mainly because I was flying back to UK for surgery and staying with them post op!) my sister, and 4 close friends. I'm happy with that for now but I may tell other close friends in the future! I'm answer to your question though it's definitely possible to keep it quiet if you want to  :ok:
Newby1987
Newby1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th June 2014, 2:37 pm

Lots of women manage to keep their BA a secret hun. 

Its entirely up to you who you wish to tell if you tell anybody at all, aside from the person who will help care for you. 

And for any women out there feeling they may be 'lying' in not revealing their surgery - YOURE NOT! 

This surgery is nobody's business but yours. They ARE your boobs (albeit that you bought them lol) and you should just live and treat them as such...

Very few have heard from my lips that I've had a BA. Its not something I wish to share. Its private to 'me' and my 'husband' and that's how I like it.

People may know, I don't know....I really don't care as long as they keep their opinions to themselves and if they were ever to come to me and ask out of sheer curiosity, I'd tell anyone to mind their own business. None of us owe it to anybody to share our private business. 

There is no shame, nor are you lying in keeping this to yourself.

Be who you are Daisychains and stand by what you want from having this surgery.

Some of us like some of the ladies above are more than happy to share their BA and some some prefer to be more discreet 

Neither is the right or wrong way Daisychains....just go with what feels right for you and sod anybody else. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisychains 14th June 2014, 6:20 am

Thanks cookie that is really helpful advice xxx
Daisychains
Daisychains
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down