Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long until I can do hair/ make up etc after?

+6
IsabellExpat
mrsm
Sahara1981
B'sboobs
Charlii
Princessgem
10 posters

Go down

How long until I can do hair/ make up etc after?  Empty How long until I can do hair/ make up etc after?

Post by Princessgem 20th March 2014, 9:17 am

Hi ladies, was just wondering will I be Able to do my own make up after BA? And will I be able to put a bobble in my hair etc ? How long before you could wash your own hair? xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

How long until I can do hair/ make up etc after?  Empty Re: How long until I can do hair/ make up etc after?

Post by Charlii 20th March 2014, 9:23 am

Personally, for the first week post op, putting a face on was the last thing on my mind. I wasn't allowed to shower for a week either, so went down to the local salon for a hairwash.

Week 2 I was allowed to shower, and could wash my hair, though reaching was tricky. I had barely any movement range with my arms though, so stretching was difficult. But it depends on so many factors, e.g. I had unders so may have been tighter than someone with overs. Its down to the individual.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

How long until I can do hair/ make up etc after?  Empty Re: How long until I can do hair/ make up etc after?

Post by B'sboobs 20th March 2014, 9:40 am

Well, I'm day 6 post op now. I also have unders so may be tighter than anybody having overs, but there is no way I could wash my hair on my own at the moment. I haven't been given the ok for a shower yet either (hopefully will at my check tomorrow). My bestie has washed my hair for me a couple of times and dry shampoo is my new best friend!!! ;-) xx
B'sboobs
B'sboobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 20th March 2014, 9:48 am

I could lean over bath and wash hair in first week and makeup etc was fine.
Could do hair up straight away.

But I think we all are very different and get different side effects pains etc.

You'll have to wait and see xxx
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 20th March 2014, 9:51 am

I put on my make up before I went home from hospital, didnt have any trouble with that, although I'm not sure why I bothered really! I was only going home.

I washed my hair over the bath after about 3 days, you might need to wait longer than that though depending on how much pain you're in. You can always book a wash and blow dry at the hairdressers if you can't lift your arms enough. x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 20th March 2014, 9:51 am

I think it was around 2 weeks post op my husband washed my hair for me because I couldn't lift my arms. I didn't have my first proper shower until I had been to my first check up 12 days post op.  sick 
(and yes, I smelled like a back-packer on a train in India)

As B'sboobs said, dry shampoo is a life saver the first week post op.  yes
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 20th March 2014, 10:11 am

Thanks girls , think I will teach hubby how to put me a bobble in tonight ha ! xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 20th March 2014, 10:39 am

Princessgem wrote:Thanks girls , think I will teach hubby how to put me a bobble in tonight ha ! xx
It's a great idea to practice first!  :ok: 
(men can be so clumsy and 1 week post op there is no room for mistakes)

I wrapped cling film like a tube top around my boobs as water protection when hubby washed my hair. Felt a bit kinky but it did the job  Hysterical
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 20th March 2014, 10:47 am

Hey, 

I could brush my hair, move my arms straight after op (I had overs) some of my friends couldn't do that when they had there's done - think I was lucky.  The only thing I couldn't do was stretch but if neede danything from top shelves I would stand on a chair or on toes to reach it as was on my own most of the two weeks I was recovering
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by LuciaH 20th March 2014, 12:12 pm

I put my make up on the next day to come home from hospital, not sure why really but made me feel a little bit human.  I could not put my hair in a high bobble for a few days but managed a low down pony for the first few days. I managed to wash and dry and straighten my hair on day 4 or 5 i think it was and was so damn proud of myself!
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1418

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 20th March 2014, 9:53 pm

I couldn't raise my arms for the first 2 weeks after my op. Brushing my teeth hurt me a lot for the first week and I got my mum and sister to brush my hair and put it in a bobble etc.. Like Charlii, putting makeup on was the last thing on my mind because I stayed inside for the first 2 weeks and didn't leave the house once.
I couldn't wash my own hair (lift arms above my head) until 3 weeks post-op. Of course everyone is different but this is just my experience.

I would definitely recommend asking someone to help you with washing your body, hair, helping you get dressed and doing your makeup for the first week/2 weeks, babe :)

I hope you're okay. Take care xxxxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 20th March 2014, 10:01 pm

I washed dried and straightened my hair the night I came home both times xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down