Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appointment with surgeon 4th Sep eeeek!

5 posters

Go down

Appointment with surgeon 4th Sep eeeek! Empty Appointment with surgeon 4th Sep eeeek!

Post by mrs mac 15th August 2013, 3:26 pm

Hi eveyone. Soooo since my app with the physiatrist in May, I’ve now received my appointment to go see Mr McKay one of the Plastic surgeons at Glasgow’s Royal Infirmary on 4 th September. But one little glitch. Out of all the Plastic Surgeons in the pool, I have an appointment with the one who used to treat our little girl who, when she was born 7 years ago, suffered from a very large bulbous birthmark on her nose. To cut a very very long story short, we ended up going private to have our little one treated overseas as the surgeons here in the UK were not confident in treating her at this young age. Anyway, don’t think Mr McKay was too impressed with our decision and even beforehand I always felt that he never had a very good “bedside manner”, I felt it difficult to discuss my thoughts and fears with him and found him very stand offish – if that makes sense? Now I am in panic mode that a) he’ll vremember me and think – that’s the one that went against my advice on her daughter and or worse still b) oh here we go again – this one’s just being vain – first her daughter now herself looking for surgery on the NHS. I did phone up the appointments section at the hospital and explained that during my appointment with the physiatrist I explained about the above situation and she marked on her notes at the time that I would rather not see Mr McKay – but here we are! The call handler just said I would need to contact Mr McKay secretary and discuss with her about being transferred to one of the other surgeons. After much thought, I decided to just let this role and hope for the best. My husband’s thoughts are – he won’t even remember you and to chill out about the whole thing as the chances on being granted the surgery in the first place are very slim – gee –thanks for the support buddy L!!! I’ve even put on some weight over the past few months (which has all gone bottom half – still measuring AA cup) as this was one of the concerns of the physiatrist that if my BMI dipped at all (under 20 I think) it would be an automatic NO. I would hate to get this far for something like weight or a previous experience to cloud the surgeons judgement. I’m so nervous about this coming app. What usually happens when you go see the surgeon? Will it be a physical examination only? Or will he go through the same grilling as with the physiatrist? To make matters worse, hubby is on jury duty that date and can’t come with me for support L. Anyone any advice.

x

mrs mac
mrs mac
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Appointment with surgeon 4th Sep eeeek! Empty Re: Appointment with surgeon 4th Sep eeeek!

Post by Lisa34 15th August 2013, 3:37 pm

Is your appointment definatly with the surgeon you mentioned? Or just one of his team?

I honestly wouldn't worry hun, chances are he won't remember you! They see so many patients, day after day! And even if he does, what's the worst that can happen? He can't refuse you surgery because of it, and he's not allowed to treat you any differently because you decided to take your daughter elsewhere! 

I'd just go with the flow! But if you really didn't like him, then I'd suggest you call the hospital and try and make an appointment with someone else. Just explain you've see this man before, under different circumstances and you didn't feel comfortable with him xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Appointment with surgeon 4th Sep eeeek! Empty Re: Appointment with surgeon 4th Sep eeeek!

Post by Sassysazzle 15th August 2013, 3:57 pm

Soooo unlikely that he'll remember you Honeybunch. I work for the ambulance service and see dozens of people a shift. 

I cant tell you the amount of times people have stopped me in the street or the supermarket that I've treated to say hello and I haven't a clue who they are!

Go with it and see how you feel when you meet him, if you're still uneasy then think about changing surgeon then xxx
Sassysazzle
Sassysazzle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 971

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th August 2013, 4:08 pm

I'm with your husband hun... The surgeon sees that many patients everyday, you're just one little fish in a big sea, he won't remember you lovely Hug 

I had a similar situation when my son was small, he had a disability with his legs and they needing cutting in half and rotating, but the surgeon who dealt with his care said he wouldn't do the op before he was school age, but I wanted the op done before he started school so he could be like all the other kids... We REALLY came head to head, so much so that the cheeky sod put in my sons notes that I was aggressive! HA!

My son had his surgery private with another surgeon who was sympathetic to what I wanted for my son. The other surgeon said he'd never run, my son started school walking and won the running race on sports day!

My daughter broke her arm about three years later and was assigned to see the same surgeon and like you, I thought ohhhh no, here we go again lol. But he didnt look twice at me hun. Never knew who I was at all and I was even looking waiting for him to do so hahahaha.

So don't worry babe. Go for the consultation, relax and hope for the best.

The surgeon will take measurements of your breasts babe and may even want an ultra sound to see how much breast tissue you have, but that's it, nothing more to it sweetie. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 16th August 2013, 3:30 am

I wouldn't worry. I also work for nhs like sassy but im an auxiliary nurse. We see so many people that you never remember them unless very frequent patients.

He won't remember u at all.

Glad you have your appointment now. They takes ages at the royal. I was given 4 months to lose 5lbs so due back 21st October.

Good luck xx
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs mac 18th August 2013, 1:02 pm

Ladies,
Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond.  You have put my mind at ease - here's to hoping that he wont remember me and things go well.  Keep you posted after the event.  Keep your fingers crossed for me won't you lol.
xx
 group hug
mrs mac
mrs mac
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 18th August 2013, 1:32 pm

U'll be absolutely fine :-) ye definitely keep us up to date. Im interested coz im just the step behind you in my journey x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down