Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for getting comfy at night please :)

+7
g0902
Happy1day
COOKIE
Vix85
Charlii
Blueeyedsoul13
BetterThanToast
11 posters

Go down

Tips for getting comfy at night please :) Empty Tips for getting comfy at night please :)

Post by BetterThanToast 10th July 2013, 2:06 am

Hi ladies :)

This is my first night after my ba and I'm struggling a little. I decided to take my stronger painkillers at nighttime but can't seem to get comfy :(

I've slept from 10 ish till now (was due painkiller now anyways) but I have discomfort in my back at the top around my shoulder blades. My boobs aren't bothering me!

How do you sleep with the v pillow? Should the point bit be under my head? Lol this sound really silly but I love my sleep!

ANY tips would be VERY much appreciated :)
BetterThanToast
BetterThanToast
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 202

Back to top Go down

Tips for getting comfy at night please :) Empty Re: Tips for getting comfy at night please :)

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 10th July 2013, 6:43 am

hi hun, 

yes the pointy bit should be under your head :)
in addition i had 4 other pillows under my v pillow and just kind of created a heap that i could lean back into.

because you will be sleeping raised, pop another pillow under your knees, this will give your back a bit of relief as it takes the pressure off your lower back.

not sure about the shoulder blades, but maybe try rearranging your pillow mountain and today or tonight you may also just start getting used to the new position.

i'm 19 days post op now and i still sleep slightly raised with my v pillow and 2 other pillows, but i'm totally used to it now, so it does get better :)

happy healing hun x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Tips for getting comfy at night please :) Empty Re: Tips for getting comfy at night please :)

Post by Charlii 10th July 2013, 7:40 am

I had such a mare getting comfy, and still am as my boobs are refusing to let me side sleep. For the first couple weeks when I was propped upright, I had a pile of about 4-5pillows, and a travel pillow to support my neck! But when they say sleep upright, they dont mean sitting up like on the couch, they just want your shoulders elevated above your heart to encourage the swelling to go down.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix85 10th July 2013, 9:18 am

hi toast, v pillow really does help with the point under your head. It may  take a few days to get used to because you can't really lie in any position other than on your back but get plenty of cushions and see what best suits you xx
Vix85
Vix85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th July 2013, 10:08 am

You only need to be 'propped up' babe. So a pillow or two and your V pillow is more than ample, especially as your boobs feel like they're doing so well.

A rolled towel behind your back will help babe, along with a hot water bottle. 

A pillow under your knees blue said also takes that pressure off your back.

A pillow under each arm too, creating a kind of pillow armchair is going to help give support to your arms and shoulders.

When standing, do be aware of your posture. Your natural instinct is going to be to hunch over, but this adds to the pressure on your back, so if you can make a conscious effort to try and stand as straight as you can this too is going to help babe.

Hope you have an easier night. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy1day 10th July 2013, 11:51 am

I remember only too well how this felt.  I used to lie on the settee as i found this more comfortable than my bed.  I used to wake up at around 1.30 in discomfort so used to watch the TV, take my painkillers and then I drifted back off to sleep.  The pain does ease off, try some Nytol as well as that used to help me sleep as well.  Thinking of you loads as I know how you feel, but honestly it doesn't last forever and 6 weeks on I can sleep on my side etc without any discomfort xx
Happy1day
Happy1day
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 10th July 2013, 3:28 pm

Hey hun,

I agree with the other girls.. I built myself a little fort with my pillows lol. I put 2 normal pillows in the shape of my v pillow, and then the v pillow on top, then another sitting upright in front of the headboard of my bed! BUT, all these pillows aren't necessary... your head just needs to be raised above your chest xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by jesber123 10th July 2013, 6:04 pm

I was wondering the same about the V pillow, thanks for posting this
jesber123
jesber123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 225

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 10th July 2013, 7:00 pm

Great thread Toast, was starting to build my fort and wondered what was the best way to do it, so thanks for posting this! :-) Hope you get some decent sleep tonight! Xx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by BetterThanToast 10th July 2013, 7:36 pm

Thanks ladies for your excellent advice as always :)

Will start building my fort soon lol I've been napping lots today.

Happy1day I got up this morning and when I got on the sofa realised that I am much comfier on there too lol
BetterThanToast
BetterThanToast
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 202

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 10th July 2013, 7:43 pm

Absolutely dreading night time with the new additions haha. I've been practicing sleeping positions with the V pillow already to try and get used to it hahaha xx
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 10th July 2013, 9:13 pm

Love this thread, I'm dreading this part also... I've been trying to sleep on my back aswell but never end up like it in the morning lol! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down