Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to take to first consultation with surgeon?

+3
Charlii
jenniferrf1
missvmac28
7 posters

Go down

What to take to first consultation with surgeon? Empty What to take to first consultation with surgeon?

Post by missvmac28 7th July 2013, 7:43 pm

Hi ladies! So I have my first consultation in a couple of weeks with my surgeon and was hoping for some advice on what to take? I have found the link with questions to ask so will be taking that. What about bras? I'm hoping I can try on some sizes and am wondering if I should take a bigger sized sports bra? Anything else I should be taking with me? All advice is greatly appreciated! 
xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

What to take to first consultation with surgeon? Empty Re: What to take to first consultation with surgeon?

Post by jenniferrf1 7th July 2013, 7:51 pm

Definitely a white vest because it shows your shape well... At all of my consultations a bra was provided to try the implants in, but there's no harm in taking your own... :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

What to take to first consultation with surgeon? Empty Re: What to take to first consultation with surgeon?

Post by missvmac28 7th July 2013, 7:56 pm

Ohh ok thanks Jennifer! Il wear a white vest then. A lowish cut one yeah? I've got loads of strappy ones that I wear under other tops so il wear one of them. Hmm ok don't know what to do about the bra might try and buy a cheapish one coz don't know what size il be til the surgeon advises me really. It's so exciting :-) xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 7th July 2013, 7:59 pm

Yer a normal strappy one is fine because its easy to just shove the implants down the front lol :) ild ring up wherever your off to for the consultation to ask if a bra will be provided for you or not so that will be something you won't have to think about until you've decided on which cc your having :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 7th July 2013, 8:03 pm

Oh yeah good idea why didn't I think of that?! Haha!! Thanks again Jennifer you're always there with great advice :-) xxx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 7th July 2013, 8:12 pm

Hug
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 7th July 2013, 8:29 pm

Emailed the surgeons secretary and she emailed right back, impressive on a Sunday night! Anyway she said they don't try on sizes in bras as it doesn't give accurate results! So I'm a bit confused as most people on here seem to try on sizes at the consultations! haha oh well, il see what happens on the day! xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 7th July 2013, 8:46 pm

Hmm that's strange then , maybe someone else will be along who had a consultation without implants in a bra Lol :) x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 7th July 2013, 8:49 pm

haha hope so! and YAY im now Active dance  hehe xxxx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 7th July 2013, 9:00 pm

Lol congrats :D xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 7th July 2013, 9:57 pm

Hey! When I tried on the chicken fillets at THG, they asked my band size and gave me this weird mega adjustable bra to stick them in. Maybe the secretary meant actual bra sizes, as it might distort the implant size? But you should definitely be able to try something on
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 7th July 2013, 10:15 pm

yes you should definitely be able to try on something hun, maybe she meant she wouldn't give you a e.g. 34D to try, as implants obviously come in cc's, but you should be able to try the implants! maybe give then another call to clarify.

apart from that just prepare all the other questions you have, maybe take a notebook where you can write down the answers, and many girls also take pictures of the look they would like to achieve x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th July 2013, 4:12 am

If the clinic don't allow for you to try sizes you could do this yourself at home if you wanted to.

I'd advise you get a fitting and find out what your band size is now (its often that many women's band is too bog for them) once you get the band size then buy a cheap sportsbra from say, Asda in the cup size you have in mind. Then go home and make some rice boobies. Try those on with the white T-shirt as Jen suggested, but like the PCC told you about trying on implants, its just the same with rice boobs, they will only ever give you a 'general idea' they won't give you a guaranteed look.

When you do go for your consultation arm yourself with pics of the 'look' you want. Because surgeons don't workin cup sizes, they work in volume (CCs) so the pic will be best for them to 'see' what you want in order for them to have a guestimate about how many CCs its going to take to give you what you want. The pics will also help you too so you come away with no doubt at all that both yourself and the surgeon know exactly what it is you're wanting from your surgery.

The notebook is a great idea from Blue and if you haven't also got Breast Buddies very own consultation Notebook, do PM me and I can get that Emailed to you to take with you.

And don't forget - NEVER book on the day, even if you get offers thrown at you. The offers will ALWAYS be there. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 8th July 2013, 11:30 am

Thanks so much ladies for the replies! Yes I will take pictures with me and will try some rice boobs just to give me an idea. I can imagine it to be very tempting to book on the day if you feel happy with the surgeon but I will make sure I come away and think everything through. Can't say enough times how helpful everyone on this forum is thanks so much :-) il have a look for the notebook now cookie thanks xxx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemango 8th July 2013, 1:27 pm

at my consultation my surgeon gave me a big bra (i am pretty sure it was a 12D or sth like that) and put different CCs implants in it. and he also gave me a tank top to put over the bra and i also took pics of myself so i could get an idea what i am going to look like.
bluemango
bluemango
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 8th July 2013, 3:38 pm

That was good blue mango! Not sure what will happen at this consult, surely they need you to try sizes somehow? But as cookie and a few others say, this isn't always accurate guidance, just more of a rough idea. I will try the rice bras this week anyway to give me a heads up before I go. From reading a lot on here from girls who have a look that I would like, i'm thinking I will be looking for around 340cc, but depends on what the surgeon says I'm just guessing really! xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misante 8th July 2013, 11:27 pm

Hi Missvmac, I went to a spire hospital and had the same dilemma as you about the sizes. I booked an appointment with one of their nursing officers and tried some implants in my bra. I had already bought a Macom bra for post surgery and used that but I'm sure any would be fine just to try them. Hope this info might be of some use to you and good luck with your consultation. xxx
misante
misante
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 9th July 2013, 6:03 am

Hi misante, what spire hospital did you go to? It does seem strange, I know it is only a guide when you try them in the bra but it's better than nothing isn't it! xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misante 9th July 2013, 9:10 am

Hi I went to Spire Cheshire which I see is where you are going. I think as long as you explain in your consultation that you want a sizing appointment they will be happy for you to arrange one with the nurse, I would make sure when you do that who ever arranges it has the relevant info of the sizes you want to try so that the Nurse knows exactly what you are expecting. Spire Cheshire is a great hospital and I found the staff and standards of care were excellent. One thing I will say is that my surgeon was spot on with the size of implants he recommended with regard to the size I would be after the op. Hope it goes well x
misante
misante
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 9th July 2013, 7:23 pm

Aw that's great to know you had a good experience there and thanks for the tip about the sizing appointment! thanks for the reply :-) xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misante 9th July 2013, 8:09 pm

You're welcome x
misante
misante
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down