Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staying on the pill and growing boobs!

+7
kelly1990
Charlii
louann17
Blueeyedsoul13
Lisa34
Nicole
jenniferrf1
11 posters

Go down

Staying on the pill and growing boobs! Empty Staying on the pill and growing boobs!

Post by jenniferrf1 26th June 2013, 9:53 am

Hi everyone,
After reading another post it made me think of another question!!

Ive been on the pill for a few years and have been told I don't need to come off it for my BA. However, ive seen on the forum and elsewhere that if you come off the pill it can make your boobs grow a bit? Does anyone know if this is true?

If so is this something I and other girls in a similar situation should be concerned about? Because sometime in a few years il come off the pill in the hope of having children and worry that my boobs will suddenly grow and look strange!!

jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Staying on the pill and growing boobs! Empty Re: Staying on the pill and growing boobs!

Post by Nicole 26th June 2013, 10:14 am

I've never heard of it and nout happened to my boobs coming on & off 3 different types of pill? I'm no expert and I know everything affects people differently but if it did have any affect of breast tissue it'd be the girls who are susceptible to boob changes with weight, hormones etc? But that's just a guess like I said I've personally never heard of this.
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Staying on the pill and growing boobs! Empty Re: Staying on the pill and growing boobs!

Post by Lisa34 26th June 2013, 10:29 am

I've never heard that before lol. I have been on several different types of pill in my time and never ever have my boobs increased in size after stopping.
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 26th June 2013, 10:31 am

hi jen,
no i think its the opposite, they may grow when you first go ON the pill because of the different hormones you're adding to your body.
this happened to a few friends of mine back when we were 16 so this was my first reason for going on the pill in the first place, i hoped my boobs would grow!
they tried all sorts of different pills on me, with the highest doses of estrogen possible.
when all that didnt work, they even gave me a very high dosed estrogen pill normally only given to women in menopause and even that didnt make my boobs grow.

so i think safe to say that if you havent seen an effect when you first went on the pill, there should be no more changes there x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 26th June 2013, 10:34 am

Thanks for replying! I had heard it before but didn't know if it was a myth or not.. Nicole you have experience of this and havnt seen any changes which makes me think it could not be true but again it could be an individual thing! ... I'm hoping therefore i won't have any affects of this in the future! Xx

Blue- wow great reply, that's true experience lol, oh great well the pill did nothing for my boobs either! Thanks for posting that, really helpful xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by louann17 26th June 2013, 10:34 am

Yeah I have heard of people who went onto the pill and then went up a cup size. Sadly never happened for me! X
louann17
louann17
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 26th June 2013, 10:39 am

Hey Jen. I was on and off different combineds and minis for the last couple yrs, and there was zero change! I know at school some of the girls experienced some weight flux when the first went on, but I never did. Nicole's right, its down to the girl and how susceptable they are to hormone changes. If you had some changes when you started, likely there'll be some when you stop. But I doubt it'd be a huge difference.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 26th June 2013, 10:43 am

Typical aye louann! Lol...

Thanks chari, it's good to hear different experiences, I did experience a bit of weight gain, but at the same time I met my current boyf and was eating unhealthy going out for food a lot so I can't blame that on the pill... I've since managed to get rid of the weight so I'm thinking all should be ok when I come off the pill again xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly1990 26th June 2013, 2:34 pm

i think your boobs grow when you first go on a pill, but its different for everyone. I've been on three different kinds and only one made my boobs grow (yasmin pill) they were huge to ne but i had to come off them as i was getting terrible migraines...gutted lol.x
kelly1990
kelly1990
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 26th June 2013, 5:49 pm

Im not on that one, I can never remember what its called but its in a green and white box lol...so not recommended for growth haha :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 26th June 2013, 6:01 pm

I know the pill can make u put on weight if your inclined to put weight on in the first place so it would make sense that you would put weight on all over including your boobs i guess. But again, everyone is different, my weight went up just after school which was about the time i started taking the pill but that could have been the result of working in fast food yum yum lol or it could be pill related, who knows really. I soon lost the weight i put on within a few months and noticed it in my boobs as well as belly etc x
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 26th June 2013, 6:36 pm

No type of contraception has made my boobs grow and neither has coming off it. i've heard some pills have more hormones in them which could give you some fullness while you are taking them, but that's about it. It probably wouldn't be enough to buy a new cup size if they did change slightly due to hormone changes.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly1990 26th June 2013, 8:57 pm

green and white box, is it microgynon? x
kelly1990
kelly1990
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 27th June 2013, 5:27 am

Yer that's the one Kelly! Lol :) thanks yolanda and misf for posting its all interesting to read xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 27th June 2013, 8:15 am

Microgynon is the go to I think (i.e. dr starts you with it unless you want to change). Ive found its the one that 'behaves' best for me. Ive tried with higher/lower oestrogen levels, but no weight/booby gain.

I think Yasmin and Celeste are the main culprits for weight flux.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 27th June 2013, 8:33 am

My sister (16) is on yasmin and she has been naturally blessed with size F boobs which has always annoyed me lol! She had them before going on the pill!
Chari- Its the one ive always had, like you said never had any problems so never needed to change either! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 27th June 2013, 9:01 am

Hi Jennifer, interesting posts :-) I'm also on microgynon and it definitely didn't make my boobs grow haha also my surgeon has said I can carry on taking it through surgery but some people on here have been told to stop taking their pill, wonder why different surgeons have different views?!
xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 27th June 2013, 9:21 am

I think it's to do with your medical history, I think being on the pill can slightly increase the risk of dvt so some surgeons say to come off as a precaution, I'm glad we don't have to though! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 27th June 2013, 9:50 am

Its because it can raise BP and increase clot risk. I was told I was fine to stay on it because it was a 'quick and easy' surgery (under an hr), but if it was a tummy tuck or something I'd have to come off it. But I guess it depends on Sugeons choice, they may take more precautions.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia6102 27th June 2013, 9:51 am

On my thing from hospital it said to stop pill for four weeks before surgery , I went and had a copper coil instead x
Sophia6102
Sophia6102
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 27th June 2013, 9:58 am

yeah this sounds sensible, best to go with surgeon's advice and if he says I'm ok to stay on it I'll go along with that :-) xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down