Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone had an implant flip over?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone had an implant flip over? Empty Anyone had an implant flip over?

Post by louisajane82 18th June 2013, 12:15 am

Hi guys, anyone had an implant flip over? Bit of a long story but 2 weeks ago I woke up and one of mine was clearly round the wrong way - as in the flat back of the implant was facing outwards. I freaked out and called Transform who told me to wear a support bra and booked an appt with a surgeon - I was in France and couldn't get back in time to see my original surgeon but they booked me in anyway.  All good so far. Until I got to the appt.

In the meantime I'd done some research on the internet and failed to find much info about implants turning over etc.

I got there and the nurse was lovely, but as soon as the surgeon came in (female, not my original surgeon, I don't know her name) she made me feel extremely uncomfortable, flicked through my notes, pronounced my impants as 'huge' and said it was 'common' with that sort of implant and the size. She then told me to just flip it back over myself and said that 'many women do this' errrr OK?!!!

At this point I was quite upset as it had been flipped for 5 days now and I was worried that by manipulating it the pocket would get damaged or something, I really wanted some help and explanation! She didn't do anything to help and was too busy washing her hands as I stood there topless - even the nurse looked very shocked - and I decided to ask her to leave the room. She seemed surprised that I was upset and said that 'that was just the way she is'. Well, that's fine but doesn't help with my upside down boob!!!  Anyway, she left and I was about to leave but the nurse was lovely and persuaded me to have a go at turning it back and we ended up managing it together and finally my boob was back around the right way. 

All very embarassing and upsetting. And I'd taken a day off work to go and supposedly see a surgeon to get things sorted and ended up doing myself anyway! And on top of that getting no answers about why it had happened etc.. I left the clinic in tears, but I have to give them credit they came and checked on my in my car to see if I was OK. The nurse later rang me and said she had spoken to my original surgeon and he wanted to see me and gave me an appointment and to wear a support bra until then...

Sorry for the long post! Anyway, I'm seeing him tomorrow, I don't know why I didn't post here sooner, I have just been putting the whole thing off, it's made me really sad about my implants and down on the whole thing really... I was just wondering if anyone else has had an implant flip and what happened to them? I'm worried my pockets are too big and I will need revision surgery...  Argh!

Again, sooooo sorry for long story post!
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Anyone had an implant flip over? Empty Re: Anyone had an implant flip over?

Post by Lisa34 18th June 2013, 6:46 am

Hi hun x this has never happened to me but I have heard of implants turning over in the pockets. Sometimes they turn back on their own, sometimes they need external manipulation, and if it continues to happen they usually do a small re op. don't hold me to any of this though as its only what I have read on the Internet whilst researching breast augmentation x hopefully cookie will be along shortly to give her advice!

As for the care you have received, you should complain about the way you were treated by the surgeon hun, you didn't go to be told "your implants are huge" and "just turn it back around" you went for help and reassurance! The way you were treated was disgusting and must have been very upsetting x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th June 2013, 1:24 pm

Youre right in thinking the picket may be too big babe. If you're having no joy manually flipping the implant lovely and it keeps happening then surgical intervention can be the next step to make the breast pocket smaller to prevent it from flipping over.

Its not a big op lovely and will be nothing at all like the first surgery you had and you'll have a quick recovery, so don't be scared at all if this is the next option you need to consider.

I hope all goes well. That awful how you were treated and I hope your original surgeon gives you the respect you deserve as a paying customer and above all thier PARIENT this time. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 18th June 2013, 1:36 pm

Hi Louisa, Sorry youve had a bad experience...
You said your in kent, was it the maidstone clinic you went too? Thats where ive been going...
That surgeon sounds really rude to speak to you like that... They only have two women surgeons Ms Fiumara and Ms Lutz... A few people here have said that Ms Fuimara came across as quite rude and ive seen that when girls have had a few consultations, she normally offers the smallest choice of sizes so to call your implant 'huge' sounds like it might be her. Very insensitive! Your not looking for rudeness your looking for answers!

Im booked in with Mr M so please let me know what he says when you see him?
Good luck and sorry youve had this problem! xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 18th June 2013, 5:35 pm

HI guys, just got back from seeing Mr M and feel sooooooo much better now! He was so patient and explained everything properly to me, answered all my questions and reassured me. Wish I'd been able to just see him in the first place as it would have avoided the stress etc but it's turned out OK now.

I told him about the woman surgeon - Yes it was the Maidstone clinic Jenniferrf1 - and he was great, I have to say he handled that very well as he said she is even rude to him! I think the words 'gold medal for rudeness' were used so he put me at ease straight away!

He explained that the sort of implants that I have - they're the more solid ones I cant remember for the life of me what they're called and can't find my paperwork right now but they are the harder ones as opposed to the softer ones - He explained at the first consultation that I was less likely to get rippling with the harder ones and that's why he recommended them for me as I wanted a larger implant. He showed me today the 2 implants and how because of the consistency of them that the ones I have can be more likely to flip and also if they DO flip then you are very aware of it as they keep their shape. He has a diagram of this on his info sheet that he gives you.  He said that they started using these implants late 2010 and that he thought they were great because there is so much less rippling, but after using them a few hundred times they now know that there is a slightly greater incidence of flipping - I think he said around 3%..

So he said there are 2 different ways to fix the problem if I want to - replace both implants with slightly bigger ones so they will be more snug in my current pockets, or add some stitches to make the pockets smaller. 

I'm covered for this in the aftercare and he said it's up to me whether to do it over what I find acceptable - ie whether it happens all the time, or if I can't deal with them flipping once a year then they will re-operate, but if I don't mind, or it isn't a problem for me then it's totally safe, not going to stretch the pocket and won't do me any harm.  I am going to wait and see if it happens again and if so how often before I decide what to do - he said to make another appointment whenever.  He was surprised that it had flipped when he examined me, as weirdly the other boob seems to move more!!

Anyway, a I'm so much more happy now, going to wait a few months and see if it's a recurring thing or not, maybe I was just very unlucky! At least now I know all the facts etc...

Jenniferrf1 I think Mr M is awesome, I have been thrilled with my results from the start and before my BA talked to lots of other girls who were also really pleased. He really took time today to make sure I understood everything and couldn't have been nicer. I also had the tiniest neatest scars - I scar quite easily and usually it takes ages for them to fade as well, my BA scars disappeared fast for me so I was really impressed - the nurse also commented on the neatness when I had my follow up appointment after my BA as well.

Thanks for all the support, I hope if anyone else has this problem then this might answer some of their questions.. He also said that different people form different scar tissue around the pocket and that the amount of breast skin you have to start with can also be a factor in whether they flip or not, I had quite 'empty' boobs before and have quite stretchy skin (wow, I'm sounding attractive lol) so that could have been a factor for me. 

Thanks again, I will update the flip / no flip situation soon! xxx
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 18th June 2013, 6:15 pm

Im glad you feel better now that you have seen your surgeon hun x i hope it was a one time thing and doesn't happen again. Bit at least you know it's an easy fix if it does. Good luck x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 18th June 2013, 6:16 pm

But not bit lol x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th June 2013, 6:17 pm

Sounds like you had a good consultation babe and I'm happy you feel more informed and a solution was offered. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 18th June 2013, 6:40 pm

Aww thank god Louisa. So happy for you that mr m has really put you at ease, give you honest advice and is willing to help you out... Has made me feel even better about him... He really took his time with me too and he has my favourite after seeing 3 other surgeons... Can't wait to have my BA with him lol :)

Also I'm really happy that you have a solution and it can be sorted if needs be... Great day and would have been good like you said to see him in the first place so you didn't have to have stress and that rude woman!!

Good luck Louisa with everything, thanks for letting us know how you got on xxxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 18th June 2013, 6:48 pm

aw sounds great and that you are being very sensible and waiting to see how these implants do before you get any more surgery xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 18th June 2013, 7:55 pm

Thanks so much guys! xx

Jenniferrf1 good luck with you BA with Mr M, you must be really excited! xx
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 18th June 2013, 7:58 pm

Thank you :D honestly can't wait... Been here in the forum for quite a whole and seen lots of girls have their BA so can't wait until my turn :) I decided to wait until September because I'm going to turkey in August and didn't want to risk it! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 18th June 2013, 8:24 pm

That sounds like a good plan as you want to enjoy your holiday without any worries! And it will give you something to look forward to after you get back to cold UK from lovely sunny Turkey so no post-holiday blues :-)) xxx
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down