Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried about a rupture

+2
Victoria2345
Lisa7376
6 posters

Go down

Worried about a rupture Empty Worried about a rupture

Post by Lisa7376 15th June 2013, 9:26 pm

Hi,
I am new on here!
I am looking for advice, I think I may have an implant rupture, has this happened to anyone?
My breast is sore and I've been researching online and am reading there is a link with auto ammune disorders and I have an under active thyroid and also instititial cystis I' am so worried help x
Lisa7376
Lisa7376
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Worried about a rupture Empty Re: Worried about a rupture

Post by Victoria2345 15th June 2013, 9:30 pm

Im not much help, but hopefully someone will come give you advice shortly x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 15th June 2013, 9:35 pm

How long have you had your implants hun? X
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th June 2013, 9:36 pm

Hello and welcome to be Lisa wavey

I've had a rupture babe.

Your first step is to go and see your GP hun. They MAY offer you a scan for free to check to see if your implant is intact, but with you having the surgery private this could possibly be your cost, so you may need to find somewhere that does a private 'MRI' scan. Your GP should be able to help you with this.

If you have PIPS, then your GP has a duty of care due to the implants being substandard to offer you the scan for free. You should have no problem getting this.

Once you've had the scan, whether the implant is intact or not you should go and see your surgeon lovely. If the implant is ruptured... The implant will need to be removed and replaced if replacement is your choice.

If not, you can go through reasons with your surgeon why the breast is so sore... Most often with soreness its due to a pulled muscle Lisa, so this may well be the cause.

Don't worry about too much about any disorders. I had an auto-immune disorder 'before' being implanted and the rupture did nothing to affect me.

I hope all goes well with the scan Lisa, please let us know how you get on and if you have any questions at all please do just ask away. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa7376 15th June 2013, 10:10 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your quick reply,
I read this below and it just gave me a fright x
Silicone Supplement Instructions
& Silicone Immune Protocol

Lisa7376
Lisa7376
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa7376 15th June 2013, 10:14 pm

I had them done 6 years ago, after I had them done I remember not being happy with one of them as it looked like it was bottoming out flatter at the top, my nipple was sensitive/uncomfortable, I remember he squeezed my implant so hard I let out a scream in his office wondering what the hell was he doing, I'm wondering if he ruptured it then, I had had an ultrasound and nothing showed up so I just thought deal with it and to be honest strangely been left with the pain all that time, but its been alit sorer in the last few months plus I've not been well for over 6mths so started worrying x
Lisa7376
Lisa7376
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa7376 15th June 2013, 10:17 pm

Does anyone know how much a MRI scan is privately?
On the card given to me by the surgeon was MHP 300
Are these ok?
Lisa7376
Lisa7376
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 15th June 2013, 10:18 pm

Go to your GP and see if he can refer you, but as cookie says as it was a private op you will probably have to pay and have an MRI privately. Have you had an MRI before? I believe you should be having them every 3 years to check for ruptures etc x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 15th June 2013, 10:19 pm

You will need the serial numbers to know if they are PIP's. is there anyway of contacting your surgeon to check?
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th June 2013, 10:38 pm

Lisa7376 wrote:I had them done 6 years ago, after I had them done I remember not being happy with one of them as it looked like it was bottoming out flatter at the top, my nipple was sensitive/uncomfortable, I remember he squeezed my implant so hard I let out a scream in his office wondering what the hell was he doing, I'm wondering if he ruptured it then, I had had an ultrasound and nothing showed up so I just thought deal with it and to be honest strangely been left with the pain all that time, but its been alit sorer in the last few months plus I've not been well for over 6mths so started worrying x
I very much doubt your surgeon will have done any harm at all by squeezing the implant Lisa as the scan confirmed, so you didn't have a rupture at that time. 

Its VERY normal for women to feel sore after surgery and for a few some soreness may continue due to nerve damage... Which is a possibility if you have been experiencing this pain all along over the six years since being implanted. 

Unfortunately this is something no surgeon will never guarantee... Nerve damage is a complication we're all warned about pre-op and unfortunately is something we have to accept if this does occur.

In saying that... That's not to say your implants aren't ruptured 'now' Lisa and the ONLY way to confirm this is to have an MRI, so it would be best to get this done and take things from there, possibly discussing the possibility of nerve damage if the implant is still intact.

Lisa7376 wrote:Does anyone know how much a MRI scan is privately?
On the card given to me by the surgeon was MHP 300
Are these ok?

youre looking to about £300 for an MRI babe.

if you had MHP its a good probability that you had Allergn CUIs...which clinic did you use hun?
the M of the MHP stands for Microcell, this is the copyright lovely. 

Of course... this could also stand for 'Moderate' in other makes, so if unsure, do check. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th June 2013, 10:56 pm

I hope this puts your mind at rest babe. PIPS only came in standard and high profiles.

In the high profile they did NOT do 300CCs, so you could not have PIP implants lovely. they went from 290CCs to 310CCS Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 16th June 2013, 12:12 am

Hey hun, could this maybe be a sign of CC as opposed to a rupture? Cookie could probably advise u better of this but i would go back to ur surgeon! xxk
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th June 2013, 12:31 am

I doubt six years of pain would constitute CC really which would have progressed over time and presented itself long ago wouldnt it as the capsule contracted around the implant.

But with the pain worsening lately, it could be an option if this pain is new and not related to the same 6 years of pain. 

No matter what... The surgeon is going to want a scan done for unexplained pain, so its probably best to get this done as a priority.

Discussing CC though is something you could bring up as well with your surgeon Lisa.

Do you have any other symptoms Lisa aside from the soreness lovely?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th June 2013, 9:02 am

I hope this lays your fears to rest Lisa

What you've probably been reading is literature from American sites lovely. Silicone was taken off the market a while ago because after women complained of problems they suspected that the immune system may have been affected by the silicone. After further testing they found that NO EVIDENCE was actually there to support any of these claims and silicone implants are now back in use in America.

We in the UK have always known this to be the case and have used silicone continuously and therefor have far more data than the Americans now!

This quote is from the investigation from our own government HERE

Based on the data available, the committee concludes that there is no convincing evidence to support clinically significant immunologic effects of silicone or silicone breast implants. This includes: insufficient evidence for an association of a particular HLA type in women with breast implants and health conditions; insufficient evidence for silicone as a super -antigen; insufficient or flawed evidence that silicone produces immune activation of cells of the immune system, silicone antibodies, delayed type hypersensitivity to silicone, cytokines as an immune response, antigen specific immune cellular infiltrates; and insufficient evidence for autoantibodies or T-cell self antigen activation. The paucity of significant, well controlled studies examining these questions is responsible for these conclusions. The committee finds that there is conclusive evidence that some silicones have adjuvant activity, but there is no evidence that this has any clinical significance. The committee has also concluded that evidence from experimental studies of the immunology of silicone does not support, or lend biologic plausibility to, associations of silicone breast implants with immune related human health conditions.

as you can read from yourself Lisa. There is absolutely NOTHING conclusive to support any of the claims... So please lovely, get yourself to your GP and have them look you over to see what the real reason is why you are feeling so unwell. Xxxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 16th June 2013, 4:15 pm

didnt want to read and run hope that you get answers soon xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24