Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAAPS surgeons now offer 2 years insurance.

+11
kel70
hangle123
5stonedown
Lisa34
LB1985
jenniferrf1
Specialkj
g0902
Blueeyedsoul13
Vix85
COOKIE
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

BAAPS surgeons now offer 2 years insurance. - Page 3 Empty Re: BAAPS surgeons now offer 2 years insurance.

Post by hangle123 8th July 2013, 9:04 am

That would be brilliant hun- I was emailing Jill but all I got back from her was a link for mr armstrongs qualifications! Let me know how you get on, hopefully we can get a definate answer from them :) x
hangle123
hangle123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 331

Back to top Go down

BAAPS surgeons now offer 2 years insurance. - Page 3 Empty Re: BAAPS surgeons now offer 2 years insurance.

Post by kel70 15th July 2013, 4:39 pm

Hi Hangle, I got a response from Jill and Mr Armstrong.  Apparently he is having a meeting with BAAPS at the end of the month and is going to discuss this and get back to me.  I'll let you know how I get on, have you tried to contact them about it again too? By the way is that a new pic? You look amazing x
kel70
kel70
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by hangle123 15th July 2013, 5:30 pm

Hey kel that's brilliant, hopefully after the meeting we will know for sure if its something we can get. To be honest I've not had a chance to email again about it since being back at work, but tonight I will send Jill an email asking to be updated.
Yep new pic taken at 24 days; Thank you hun :) x
hangle123
hangle123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 331

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 9:57 am

I'm paying £150 for my 2 year coverage.. There was no choice given it was a part of the price quoted... This is at Spire with Mr McGeorge.
I was at a consultation this morning and he was actually saying that two out of three of the main manufacturers are on board to get together and discuss a monthly insurance programme into which you would pay to cover lifetime cover for replacement procedures should they be required.
The one year/ two year cover does concern me slightly but then I also feel that given in 18 years he has experienced capsular contraction only six times, his capabilities are probably worth taking the risk for.
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st July 2013, 10:44 am

You have an incredible surgeon Bex yes 

Mr McGeorge actually pioneered the insurance scheme.

How much aftercare do you get from Spire Bex? Not the insurance lovely, just the aftercare.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 10:51 am

12 months from Spire xx
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st July 2013, 11:04 am

That's great Bex. So now with the insurance you now have 3 years cover?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 11:14 am

I'm not sure of that runs concurrently or one after the other... Another question to ask I guess xxxxx
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st July 2013, 11:24 am

Yes. It does. Your insurance starts after your aftercare runs out, so now you have 3 years aftercare which is fabulous and brings BAAPS surgeons inline offering cover as much as the commercial clinics do.

Previous to this many women would be swayed to use the commercial clinics because of the amount of aftercare offered, but now its all coming inline, so hopefully women will opt for more BAAPS surgeons now.

Although... Some clinics still cleverly disguise their length of aftercare saying they offer 'lifetime aftercare' when this isn't actually the case. This bold lettering is quite deciding, but if they ready on it then goes on to say that CC and ruptures are covered for 3 years, but you have 'lifetime' access to your surgeon.

So you're only able to see your surgeon for life lol. Its ridiculous!

Happy for you though Bex. 3 years is a good deal yes 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 11:32 am

Thanks for clarifying
I still feel good despite the 'lifetime' not being here, he also said that in a normal situation they would never need to be replaced, ten years, twenty years down the line
So all being well that will be me for the rest of my days
So excited I can't even describe it xxx
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 11:33 am

Thanks for clarifying
I still feel good despite the 'lifetime' not being here, he also said that in a normal situation they would never need to be replaced, ten years, twenty years down the line
So all being well that will be me for the rest of my days
So excited I can't even describe it xxx
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kel70 31st July 2013, 4:35 pm

Sounds good Bex I am with Mr Armstrong at Spire Reading.  Hoping he will get on board with the scheme so I can have the same coverage.  Are you booked in yet? x
kel70
kel70
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 5:42 pm

Hi yes I'm booked in for the 30th August xxx
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kel70 31st July 2013, 5:53 pm

Exciting!  Not too long to wait, I am booked in for tail end of September just seems like such  long time away.  Had to wait because I am a bridesmaid at the beginning of September ! Just ordering my Macom bras!

Good luck x
kel70
kel70
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 3rd August 2013, 12:24 pm

I'm due to have my surgery on the 4th of September, is it too late to ask whether my surgeon offers this? I'm seeing him on the 7th of this month for our final consultation so can ask him then in person.

Would appreciate any feedback from you girlies :D
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix85 3rd August 2013, 1:36 pm

Yolanda this shouldn't be too late. from my own experience it took a little paper work from my surgeons side and that was it. I managed to get my insurance just three days before my surgery so I would think you'd be fine this far ahead xx
Vix85
Vix85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 3rd August 2013, 1:53 pm

Thanks Vix, that's great news. I shall ask him about it when I go to my last consultation :D Each and every time I meet with him I come in with another page full of questions!! LOL.
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix85 3rd August 2013, 9:28 pm

ask away hun xx xx:)
Vix85
Vix85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassysazzle 9th August 2013, 9:19 am

Cookie is this something I should ask the surgeons I'm seeing about?? Do you pay extra for it? I just read about your bad experience with Transform :( sorry hon, made me think doubly hard about them now.  Meeting a friend for lunch who had a problem with them too.....eek xx
Sassysazzle
Sassysazzle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 971

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th August 2013, 10:47 am

Only BAAPS surgeons can opt into this scheme Sassy, so as BAAPS surgeons don't tend to gravitate toward the larger commercial clinics, you'll find them in the smaller practises such as Spire, MyBreast or in their own private clinics.

Yes, you should definitely add this to your list of questions, its still relatively new and some surgeons are only learning about this as our members are telling them, so it gives the surgeons who arent yet aware of this a push too to get involved.

From the members we know who have got this insurance its been about £150 extra which nothing really in the grand scheme of this for 2 years extra cover is it. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassysazzle 9th August 2013, 1:30 pm

Okydokes thanks cookie xx
Sassysazzle
Sassysazzle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 971

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 9th August 2013, 3:37 pm

Just found out my surgeon doesn't offer this but not to worry, Spires aftercare seems really good anyway :-)
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th August 2013, 3:52 pm

That's a shame Yolanda. Hopefully this will catch on soon with more surgeons as it starts to become more known amongst our BAAPS surgeons. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 9th September 2013, 12:17 pm

Really great info here to add to my ever growing list of questions :) thanks so much xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3