Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women can now enhance boobs using unwanted fat

+2
Lisa34
COOKIE
6 posters

Go down

Women can now enhance boobs using unwanted fat Empty Women can now enhance boobs using unwanted fat

Post by COOKIE 23rd April 2013, 11:07 am

A SURGICAL technique using a woman’s own fat to enlarge her breasts is expected to become more popular following scares about the safety of implants, experts have predicted.

Surgeons in Scotland have, for the first time, used fat transfer – taking fat from the stomach, bottom or thighs – to increase the size of a patient’s breasts in a cosmetic procedure.

Edinburgh surgeon Mark Butterworth expects more women to try the procedure to avoid using silicone. Last year, thousands of women in the UK and worldwide were caught up in the panic after it emerged that French manufacturer PIP used non-authorised industrial-grade silicone gel in its implants, with abnormally high rupture rates.

Fat transfer is used in the NHS in reconstructive surgery, but until now has not been used in cosmetic treatments in Scotland. Mr Butterworth, who works at the Spire Murrayfield Hospital, said: “Surgeons have now got more experience with it through the reconstructive work and are more … confident about offering it as an alternative to silicon implants.”

Mr Butterworth said he believed that concerns over implants would mean more women will opt for the fat transfer procedure.

Mr Butterworth stressed that silicon implants still had a “very valid role” in breast enlargement and there were no health risks with those currently in use. But he said another issue that might make the new technique more popular was that implants would not last forever and may need to be removed or replaced. This could be avoided through fat transfer. However, one drawback with fat transfer is that it could take more than one procedure to achieve the desired result. Generally, the technique would be more suitable for those only wanting a modest increase in bust size.

Fat transfer involves having liposuction and enlargement done together to harvest fat cells. “The patient would choose an area of their body they don’t like – such as their tummy or thighs – for liposuction and we would do that standard procedure on that area,” Mr Butterworth said. “But instead of discarding the fat, we process and purify it in the operating room and we get a very small needle and reinject the fat into the breast equally on each side.” The procedure leaves some bruising in the treated areas, and only between 50 and 70 per cent of the fat put into the breast survives permanently, with the rest reabsorbed into the body.

The cost of the procedure is similar to a traditional breast enlargement – about £4,700. However, the price might increase depending on the extent of the liposuction required and the number of treatments needed.

Tim Goodacre, chair of professional standards at the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, said requests for fat transfer in breast enlargement were starting to come in as people became more aware of the technique. But he does not think the procedure will replace breast implants: “Just because people got frightened of PIP doesn’t mean that implants themselves are unsafe. There are millions of happy and satisfied women.”

Source HERE
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Women can now enhance boobs using unwanted fat Empty Re: Women can now enhance boobs using unwanted fat

Post by Lisa34 23rd April 2013, 11:54 am

I actually looked into this when researching my options! I think it's fantastic, however it needs to be redone every 1-5 years to keep the "desired" look! It also is only successfull for those wanting a very small increase, so was no good for me at all!

But I'm sure for some it will be a great way to get the look they want without having to use implants! X

Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Women can now enhance boobs using unwanted fat Empty Re: Women can now enhance boobs using unwanted fat

Post by angie8131 23rd April 2013, 12:03 pm

I was wondering if this could be an option even before I found out that some surgeons do it. But after researching it I found that it has it's own risks and may not give the necessary result to those who need a significant increase. But if it would have given me the outcome I needed I would've gone for it x
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1404

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 23rd April 2013, 12:53 pm

this technique has been around for a while cos i remember reading it about it when i was about 16 because i had a long talk about it with a girl at college! I really wanted this but same as lisa, when i looked into it it's only suitable for going up 1 - 2 cup sizes and there's risks of the fat being naturally absorbed into your body and the results not lasting etc. etc. xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinoo 23rd April 2013, 1:41 pm

Dosnt it have risks that it can be linked to cancer? X
nikkinoo
nikkinoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 612

http://www.fitnfabulous.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 23rd April 2013, 1:53 pm

I think when i looked it up it said something like there were 'potential possibilities' that the displaced fat cells could become cancerous but it hasn't been around long enough to make a conclusive yes/no. Women can now enhance boobs using unwanted fat 267328
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 23rd April 2013, 2:06 pm

I think this is a great step forward for the cosmetic industry and would be perfect for people who want a modest increase or to even out cup size differences in those people who have one breast larger than the other. It would have been no good to me though as my breasts needed to be shaped with an implant and I wanted a big difference.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down