Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Implant height?

4 posters

Go down

Implant height? Empty Implant height?

Post by Welshdoll 6th March 2013, 9:43 pm

Evening ladies
I'm sat with my mentor catalog trying to work out my perfect implants! I am fairly confident I know/understand what size, width and projection but not with the height I have measured what I think is the top of my "breast" to the bottom -is this what the height of the implant should be also? Or should it be shorter/longer I'm a very flat aaa so its difficult to know where said "breasts" start and finish!!
Thanks for any help/ advice in advance!
Welshdoll
Welshdoll
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

Implant height? Empty Re: Implant height?

Post by queenyk 6th March 2013, 10:57 pm

Hi hun

Congrats on your up and coming boobie day! Am i right in assuming you are have anatomical (teardrop) implants? Because the height of the round ones would be the same as the width. what size has your surgeon recommended? X
queenyk
queenyk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 395

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshdoll 7th March 2013, 9:21 am

Hi queeny
They will be anatomical yes, it's with the NHS but in a private hospital they use to keep waiting times down, I have only met the PS once in Oct and there was only a Brief discussion about size which he said would be around 300cc no discussion over projection etc! I didn't realize I wouldn't see him again until I had the op letter I thought then I would see him at my pre op on Tuesday but the nurse called me yesterday saying I could just go to my GP for the MRSA swabs and they woul see me the moning of the op!!! she asked what size I was having so they could order them but I said I wasn't sure! So she said she would email the PS, I spoke to her again after regarding my before pictures and she said the PS would be contacting me directly regarding size but I know we didnt decide at the consultation so I'm trying to narrow it down a couple of sizes that I think will suit me best but am struggling on the height measurement- while I am super grateful and extremely lucky to be having them on the NHS I'm really worried that I'm just gonna get some that arnt right right for my body frame etc and have to live with it! I'm in a situation where I also feel I should just be happy and have what I'm given but I know I will regret that so much disappoint xx
Welshdoll
Welshdoll
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by queenyk 10th March 2013, 2:48 pm

Hiya hun

Any idea when the surgeons meant to be contacting you? Did he take measurements at your consultation as that would determine how high your implants would have to be. wish i could help more but I've got rounds. Hopefully someone with anatomicals can shed some light. I can imagine it would be pretty hard trying to figure out the height of the breast pocket if you're not a surgeon yourself so i would just trust his expertise and go with his suggestion when he calls. let us know what he says when you speak to him. good luck chick Xx
queenyk
queenyk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 395

Back to top Go down

Post by Cazzyxo 10th March 2013, 3:17 pm

You shouldnt be picking your own size. Your surgeon should take measurements & go by what will fit & the look your after. My measurements picked my implant size for me. Im 5ft8 and had 12cm in height implants..
Cazzyxo
Cazzyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 979

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshdoll 10th March 2013, 9:23 pm

Well he hasn't called! Am having my pre op on tuesday (which consists of mRSA swabs only?!?)so am hoping the nurse can help me with my questions etc, I've had NO info about the op just a time and date! so thank god for forums likes this and the Internet! After loads of research I have managed to narrow the choices down to 3!
from what ive read with anatomicals its important to get the right arc hight (from the breast crease to the nipple) as the nipple will b the hightest part of projection, this has made the narrowing down a lot easier! im planning on asking the nurse on tues if they have the sizes/height and projection ive found in stock at my appointment, i can then discuss with the PS on the morning of my op if he doesn't call in the week......
Thanks for your responses thou I know it's a very unusual situation! I'm such a weed wish I had the guts to phone up and try to speak to him! Would be sooooo much easier! Lol xxx
Xxxx
Welshdoll
Welshdoll
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cazzyxo 10th March 2013, 9:26 pm

You should phone him. Implants are usually ordered in. & i still maintain you cannot measure yourself and choose a size, this is a surgeons job only.

My nurse was a general nurse at the hosp i was going to who knew nothing of my BA she was just there to take swabs in and out. She didny work for my PS.
Cazzyxo
Cazzyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshdoll 10th March 2013, 9:34 pm

I will call the Hosp in the morning and get his email address just feel so cheeky hassling him when he's busy doing 'proper' operations if you know what I mean! X
Welshdoll
Welshdoll
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cazzyxo 10th March 2013, 9:38 pm

Your surgeon will have all your measurements written down so maybe hes gone ahead and ordered them in?
Cazzyxo
Cazzyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshdoll 10th March 2013, 9:54 pm

It was his student that measured me and she only did my rib cage and bwd, he popped in then and asked her what she thought would suit me and she said anatomical unders around 300cc - that was basically all I actually seen if him! The student then discussed the risks etc but no definite size was discussed, height and projection didnt even get mentioned- he hasn't emailed the hospital with implant size hence why they asked me if I knew when they called! It's all a big mess really and I'm getting slightly nervous as its only a week tomorrow help xxx
Welshdoll
Welshdoll
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cazzyxo 10th March 2013, 10:02 pm

I dont like the sound of that. Id call him definately!
Cazzyxo
Cazzyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lil-happy-jo 10th March 2013, 10:19 pm

Didnt she even measure from the top of your breast bone to your niples,? I would ask to see the surgeon again, why anatomicals and not rounds - not that there is anything wrong with them but do you want these? Why did she say 300cc. These implants could be with you for 10 tears + so you really should be 100% with the choice thats made. Good luck x

lil-happy-jo
lil-happy-jo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 437

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshdoll 10th March 2013, 10:45 pm

Hi Jo
The anatomical unders are because I have less than 2cm breast tissue my chest area is very skinny, I'm a NHS case so size wasnt really my option she did ask what size i would like and I said I would be happy with any boobs!!! I do think that 300cc will suit my frame thou I'm a 28 inch rib 5"5 and 8stone so reasonable small
Xx
Welshdoll
Welshdoll
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down