Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Surgeons-placements and 'closing the gap'

5 posters

Go down

American Surgeons-placements and 'closing the gap' Empty American Surgeons-placements and 'closing the gap'

Post by red 3rd March 2013, 12:24 pm

This is a 3rd hand conversation, so information may be wrong, but I'm hoping any thoughts or advice would be helpful!
So, a friend of one of my friends is considering having her ba in America.
First point-she says 95 per cent of ba's in America are unders, including full-unders. This was my first concern for her as personaly I feel she would be a candidate for overs.
Second point-she says American surgeons will always 'close the gap' and create desired clevage to the extent of a 1 finger gap bra-less for her. I have been informed by several surgeons this is based on your anatomy and doing something I believe to be called a medical disection to be complicated and possibly dangerous. She says they use sutures and possibly a procedure called an internal bra. Can anyone shed any light on this? She is having silicone implants also which she says are more expensive in America.
Third point-aftercare. This is a subject that particularly concerns me! She has a holiday home in Florida so she considers aftercare not to be an issue at all.
In her opinion she feels American surgeons are ahead of the frontier regarding ba's, and will not consider seeing any surgeons in the UK.
Sorry for the long post, but I was I was really interested but abit baffled; Thanks x
red
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

American Surgeons-placements and 'closing the gap' Empty Re: American Surgeons-placements and 'closing the gap'

Post by COOKIE 3rd March 2013, 12:56 pm

red wrote:This is a 3rd hand conversation, so information may be wrong, but I'm hoping any thoughts or advice would be helpful!
So, a friend of one of my friends is considering having her ba in America.
First point-she says 95 per cent of ba's in America are unders, including full-unders. This was my first concern for her as personaly I feel she would be a candidate for overs.

A lot of information about breast implants online will be about the use of 'saline' implants which can cause awful rippling and is the reason why your friend will have found that the majority of surgeons will go under the muscle.

Silicone implants are still relatively new in America and many Americans are still scared to use them, therefore when reading about American breast surgery, you'll find its mostly referring to the use of saline implants.

Second point-she says American surgeons will always 'close the gap' and create desired clevage to the extent of a 1 finger gap bra-less for her. I have been informed by several surgeons this is based on your anatomy and doing something I believe to be called a medical disection to be complicated and possibly dangerous. She says they use sutures and possibly a procedure called an internal bra. Can anyone shed any light on this? She is having silicone implants also which she says are more expensive in America.

Your surgeons that YOU have spoken to are correct hun. We, in the UK have surgeons who are by far more experienced with silicone implants than American surgeons, as I said previously, due to a ban on silicone that was only lifted 7 years ago, silicone use is still relatively new to them, so their surgical techniques are based on what they can do with saline.... You could also very much risk the complication of symammastia in working that way too, which really isn't pretty and needs a VERY skilled surgeon to repair if that happened. You, as your surgeon quite rightly said, are always worth working with your anatomy.

Third point-aftercare. This is a subject that particularly concerns me! She has a holiday home in Florida so she considers aftercare not to be an issue at all.
In her opinion she feels American surgeons are ahead of the frontier regarding ba's, and will not consider seeing any surgeons in the UK.
Sorry for the long post, but I was I was really interested but abit baffled; Thanks x

Your friend really sounds like an "I know it all and you won't tell me any different"! Kinda girl! Lol

Like I said lovely, with 'silicone' implants its we, in the UK who really have the surgeons who know what they're doing.

I'm not at all saying American surgeons don't, I'm saying that because we've used silicone for longer with Americans only using them for 7 years after having a 14 year ban on them, we, in the uk having been using silicone for 50 years and therefore have far more experience in using them than the American surgeons do.

About aftercare - there are NO surgeons that will never have to do revision for some women. there will ALWAYS be risks involved in this surgery and anyone would be foolish to believe it would never happen to them or that their surgeon will never have complications come back to them that they won't have to revise.

in believing your friend wont need aftercare.... i can only hope shes right. Yes, having a good surgeon does reduce the risks, but it doesn't take those risks away, there will always be risks attached to this surgery no matter how good your surgeon. Xx

Last edited by cookie on 3rd March 2013, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

American Surgeons-placements and 'closing the gap' Empty Re: American Surgeons-placements and 'closing the gap'

Post by red 3rd March 2013, 1:08 pm

Thanks for that information Cookie-briliant as ever! I did think that the majority of American surgeons have alot more experience with saline, but when she said she was having silicone I felt I wasn't informed enough or knew her well enough to enter into a heated discussion! This girl is a work colleague of my friend and yes she is a abit of 'a know it all' ha ha. I did mention to her to have a look at this forum and gain as much information and advice as possible, but she said she's joined an American one- her loss! Thanks again x
red
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd March 2013, 1:14 pm

Maybe she'll sneakily have a little peep and see the error of her ways lol. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by red 3rd March 2013, 1:25 pm

I hope so for her sake-as I well know it a very expensive mistake to make-financialy and emotionaly. My poor friend said she keeping quiet as she dosen't understand the need for ba's as she herself has huge 42ff's and hates them. She once made the mistake of saying to another work colleague who was pregnant 'with abit of luck you'll loose some boobs after having the baby' with which the girl replied 'I bloody hope not I payed thousands for them'! My friend said she always used to think to herself that poor girl's so tiny and slim with them huge boobs ha ha. Saying that she's been a great support to me and bought me my first 'big girl bra' from bravissimo ha ha, x
red
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd March 2013, 1:32 pm

'Big girl bra', awwww I love that Heart xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 3rd March 2013, 1:38 pm

American surgeons do work differently, their experience with silicone is limited and the internal bra was only in trials in 2009 so a bit scary and you'd need someone who'd performed a lot of surgery using this new internal bra.
However she seems to be the type tht will make out she's gone to America and probably pop over to europe where the BA's a cheaper and without proper research can go horribly wrong. However in America they have people performing surgery that aren't medically qualified, best she researches the surgeon and company to death.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by red 3rd March 2013, 1:56 pm

The name of the surgeon she is looking into performing her ba is Dr Revis in Florida. Is that another thing in itself to look into-how surgeons in Uk are normaly refered to as a Mr? He has a website so just out of curiosity I think I'll have a look.
red
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 3rd March 2013, 2:40 pm

Why surgeons in uk are usually called mr is cos back in the olden times people that performed surgery were the barbers who had no medical training so were still 'mr' as opposed to the medically trained drs! That's the historical context behind it but nowadays you become a mr when you reach consultant stage I believe below that you are a dr but still have the same medical and surgical training just not as many years experience, there are some very good drs doing surgery for the big clinics x
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by vixylyx 3rd March 2013, 6:37 pm

Dr Revis is ment of be a very accomplished surgeon. He is apparently the go to guy for big implants and botched jobs.
vixylyx
vixylyx
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down