Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American BA vs. UK BA....??

+11
jet350
littlewisher
Alt_Barbie
jay1983
Jessica
smalls
HighMaintainance
carol_s
abbie
newboobsfornatasha
lindylou22
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

American BA vs. UK BA....?? Empty American BA vs. UK BA....??

Post by lindylou22 14th January 2011, 10:58 pm

I just read this on an american BA site:

How small or how big of a breast implant can I get?

You can have a saline-filled breast implant as little as 120 cc or as big as 850 cc. If you are a small size, the 120 cc implant would make you a size A, and the 850 cc implant would make you DD.

Do american BA's work very differently to UK ones? I've noticed when trying to find before and after pics that US implants are almost always saline, and almost always round. I know they have different safety measures to us... but, the quote above sounds crazy to me... surely any 850cc implant would make anyone larger than DD... unless they mean 40DD or something?!... or are their bra sizes different? I've seen a lot of post BA pics where they're described as a "D" cup, and they look absolutely huge!

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

American BA vs. UK BA....?? Empty Re: American BA vs. UK BA....??

Post by newboobsfornatasha 14th January 2011, 11:07 pm

I've noticed this too! My boyfriend was looking at US before and afters and was like 'see, she started off a B and now she's a C' - definitely DIDN'T look like a C cup to me. They were HUUUGE. And very nice - but definitely NOT what I think of as a C cup!
newboobsfornatasha
newboobsfornatasha
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 14th January 2011, 11:12 pm

Lol... it's probably why all of us pre-BA's are either scared to death of being a DD because we're thinking american proportions, or we ask to be a DD and then get massive boobie greed... because we're thinking of american proportions!!!

:doh:

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 14th January 2011, 11:18 pm

"officially" they measure the same way, but in reality, it seems to be a lot different
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 14th January 2011, 11:28 pm

Don't forget US sizing is different to UK sizing, which does tend to confuse things somewhat. For instance a 32 C UK size is a 32B US size, our DD's are their D's etc.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 15th January 2011, 5:18 am

I personally prefer UK sizing coz seem they honour the 'subtle' code. You know the Americans? They like to do things BIG. I feel safer gauging things with a British eye. Personally, ne ways. I think there are a lot of us that think in US sizes coz of some of the models we look at e.g the playboy bunnies perhaps. But I don't want to go too big so I feel quite safe in UK sizing. Those of us with alternative opinions may want to bare this in mind.
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by smalls 15th January 2011, 6:02 am

hmm. i didnt know about the difference. So the bra sizes are smaller in the UK? im getting confused with this as i am in the US..
smalls
smalls
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 15th January 2011, 9:15 am

I don't see how that website can simply say that a certain size implant will make you a certain size! Years of being a member of this website has told me that's simply not true! xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 15th January 2011, 9:52 am

Maybe its like the clothes...a size 0 is our size 4. So there C cup might be an E cup to us! Lol! x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 15th January 2011, 10:19 am

So many reasons why I want to move to america >.<
They use Saline alot in US & overfill them to create the 'fake' look.

If for some reason things didnt work out for me here id move there with my dads side of the family, get huge tits & become a stripper in vegas :teehee:
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 820

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 15th January 2011, 10:37 am

smalls wrote:hmm. i didnt know about the difference. So the bra sizes are smaller in the UK? im getting confused with this as i am in the US..
Yes, it can be a little confusing, especially as we use the same letters - a 32B size in the US is exactly the same cup size as a 32C size in the UK - so if you came here to shop, to get a bra that would fit you you would have to order (what would appear to be) a larger cup size, but in fact it would be identical to what you would have bought in the US. I hope that makes some kinda sense LOL
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 15th January 2011, 2:09 pm

LOL AB!!! Sounds like a plan! I'd hate to live in Vegas, too noisy for me, and too many lights!! I'd much prefer a spacious and quiet idyll somewhere in New Zealand.

I just don't get why there are sooo many american before and after galleries, with extensive amounts of pictures (almost all of which are saline and round!), yet there are very few English before + afters! We must be much more private about it. And they refer to gummy bears... is that the cohesive silicone implants?

I just thought I'd post and ask about this because it was something that never occured to me when I was looking for my "perfect" boobs shots... I was looking at all these C-cups, thinking "perfect, I want a C", and it's taken me all this time to realise how deceptive that is if it's an american site... so pre-BA girls who are doing their boob portfolio's, be careful what you ask for!!!... At my second consultation, I'm just going for the good old "I'd like to be **this big** please", which will involve either **gestures with hands** or **plonks rice boob onto table**

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 15th January 2011, 2:15 pm

lindylou22 wrote: And they refer to gummy bears... is that the cohesive silicone implants?

LL
x

Yea they are Silicone implants. I spend alot of time on a american forum & joined there before here so I got very confused lol I like it there because big is normal, my 700cc are small compared to what some women on there have lol

Makes me get major boob greed though.. Im already planning in my head that I want 900s LOL
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 15th January 2011, 2:51 pm

I think I've seen some posts on one forum where some of them have 1000cc and stuff!!! No wonder you have boob greed in that case!!! Yours are amazing though hun, if I saw you on the street I would be like Boobs

lol

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 15th January 2011, 3:18 pm

Are some women with 1200-1500 lol
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 15th January 2011, 3:38 pm

OMG, that's almost 4 times the size that I got - do they supply them with free wheelbarrows or a back brace when they're done LOL.
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 15th January 2011, 3:39 pm

They do time in the gym to strengthen their back muscles apparently.
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by newboobsfornatasha 15th January 2011, 4:54 pm

Alt_Barbie wrote:So many reasons why I want to move to america >.<
They use Saline alot in US & overfill them to create the 'fake' look.

If for some reason things didnt work out for me here id move there with my dads side of the family, get huge tits & become a stripper in vegas :teehee:

I'm an 'exotic dancer' (hahaha) and have worked with some American girls and they have the biggest boobs I have ever seen. They do seem to 'overfill' as standard from what they've told me? They do look fantastic though!

I have a plan to strip around the world when I finish uni - maybe more boob packing than back packing. Fancy joining me for the American leg alt_barbie?
newboobsfornatasha
newboobsfornatasha
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewisher 15th January 2011, 5:20 pm

I thought americans sizes were smaller by one cup size but im not completly sure i also thought they could have like 32 DDD (which would be our DD)
xxxxx
littlewisher
littlewisher
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by jet350 15th January 2011, 8:42 pm

Hi Girl's found this and thought it may help with the confusion over bra sizes

UK USA
B B
C C
DD DD or E
E DDD or F
F G
FF H
G I
GG J
H K
HH L
J M N N J J
JJ N K O
jet350
jet350
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by jet350 15th January 2011, 8:45 pm

oops sorry forgot to edit
UK USA
B B
C C
DD DD or E
E DDD or F
F G
FF H
G I
GG J
H K
HH L
J M
JJ N

jet350
jet350
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixie 16th January 2011, 9:40 am

There are always going to be differences in international sizes. I don't think any one conversion chart can be entirely accurate, but they definitely help =] also yeah they have a DDD... which seems a bit insane to me lol. They do seem to use lower letters (eg A and B) for bigger sizes than we do.

Also bear in mind that in most of Europe, the difference between each cup size is 2cm, whereas over here it's an inch, which is 2.5 - 2.55cm, so as the cup size goes up the difference is more pronounced. And in Australia, they don't even use the same numbers! I don't know how it works but I know an example size would be a 10C. The world needs a global fitting system!!

The problem with things like cup sizes is that most people think DD is absolutely HUGE when in reality the kind of size they're thinking of is actually more in the region of a G or H. It also depends on the back size - a 28F really isn't so big at all, in fact it's the same sort of size as a 30DD-E (which is exactly my size lol and I'm not that big) whereas a 40F is more than impressive :thumbs: Most people think of cup sizes as being a measure for how big or small the breast is - ie A is small, B is moderate, C is fuller, D is big. DD is huge - when in reality it's the proportion of the projection of the breast, in relation to the ribcage. I think this is why it can be harder trying to find bras that fit implants well - there are different profiles and they tend to make the underwires wider for bigger cup sizes, whereas you might have started as a 32A and got HP profiles to a 32H or something, and you'd probably have loads of space at the sides.

But anyway; essentially, like I said, people think of cup sizes as being the size of the breast, when it isn't at all. I'm pretty sure if they sent this B-C girl over here to Bravissimo she'd probably find out she was a 32C to start with and ended up a 30G or something :thumbs:

Hope that helps you see why surgeons tend to hate talking in cup sizes Hysterical
Pixie
Pixie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 248

http://chouxlala.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixie 16th January 2011, 9:44 am

Oh yeah - also that can be misleading too, going from (gonna keep using this as an example) a 32C to a 30G. You'd think, C-D-DD-E-F-FF-G, so 6 cup sizes. Not so! Because the back size went down, a 30G is roughly equivalent to a 32F or so. Still a big change, but only 4 sizes.

Took me a while to figure out how back sizes could change as well - it's because the crease moves :thumbs: if you're slimmer at the new crease level than your old crease, you'll probably go down a size =]
Pixie
Pixie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 248

http://chouxlala.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Loubyroo 16th January 2011, 3:22 pm

Very well explained Pixie!! :thumbs:
Loubyroo
Loubyroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by jet350 16th January 2011, 6:25 pm

Loubyroo wrote:Very well explained Pixie!! :thumbs:

Yes very well explained. I think that we ofen forget the fact we have gone down in back size, which also reflects the cup size we are. Also alot of us were in the wrong bra size to begain with. :flowers:
jet350
jet350
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next