Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Implant placements and Breast feeding

5 posters

Go down

Implant placements and Breast feeding  Empty Implant placements and Breast feeding

Post by sarahlou222 21st February 2015, 10:24 am

Does the placement of the implant have anything to do with the numbness that some ladies experience in their nipples, lower part of the Breast?

I know that after implants you can still Breastfeed, but would the placement of the implant have an impact on this as well?

I've been looking on the Internet, and want more options and possible experience related answers please :) xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Implant placements and Breast feeding  Empty Re: Implant placements and Breast feeding

Post by Charlii 21st February 2015, 12:56 pm

Nope, no affect as far as I know. Unders are under the muscle, so no where near the mammary glands, and overs I think are over the muscle, under the breast tissue so again, no issue. I think there is concern if you have an areola incision, as reduced nipple sensitivity can make it a little slower to come through, but for a regular crease incision, it'd be fine. The numbness women experience in the nipple after a 'standard' BA I would call superficial. Yes it could be permanent, but the nerves directly to the nipple haven't directly been severed, so they still react to stimulus. But don't take me verbatim, this is just what I believe to be true.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Implant placements and Breast feeding  Empty Re: Implant placements and Breast feeding

Post by twinkleroo 21st February 2015, 1:51 pm

Surgeon told me you can still breastfeed after having implants. Not that I'm planning anymore children!  My 2 are handful enough and hubby has had the snip! Lol
twinkleroo
twinkleroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 21st February 2015, 3:19 pm

Ok that makes sense, thank you :)

I wondered.. If I'm one of those women who never get the feeling back in my boobs/nipples, could I still Breastfeed with numbness? Xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 21st February 2015, 4:03 pm

Hi hun, worth asking your surgeon but I don't think loss of sensitivity will impact breastfeeding. I think that might be due to nerve damage whereas damage to milk ducts is what would impact breast feeding. Don't quote me though as when I discussed it it was only very briefly. Maybe cookie the oracle will be along and share her wisdom!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 21st February 2015, 4:18 pm

I've just been looking at diagrams of breasts lol.
The milk duct is so far away from the connection tissue, I think you are right :)

I will ask my surgeon, I did mention it but as you say, it was very breif! Xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkleroo 21st February 2015, 7:32 pm

To be honest breastfeeding numbed my nipples! I have feeling in them still but not loads I'd say.  after surgery they feel more sensitive.
twinkleroo
twinkleroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 21st February 2015, 8:40 pm

I would hate the idea that I ruined my own potential to nurse children in the future. I'm not interested in kids at the moment but who knows what the future holds!

I went to see a medium and she told me I was to have twins!! Oh dear, feel sorry for them before they even exist lol! X
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 21st February 2015, 8:50 pm

Aww you'll be a great mum and it's great you're thinking about this already. It's all about making an informed choice! Twins though...my word I struggle with my 3 and 2 year old!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 21st February 2015, 8:57 pm

Aww thank you lovely :)
It sure is!!
Ahhh well it does run in the family quite a lot, not my side but if I were to have children with my partner: he's a twin, his cousins are twin, his great uncle a twin - that's just his dad's side!!! - they don't skip generations either! Xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 21st February 2015, 9:01 pm

Omg start saving!!!!!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 21st February 2015, 9:19 pm

Hahaha well if we did decide to have children (after a big fat wedding with my big fat boobs HA) it would be quite nice to have 2 babies and have it all over and done with at once - one boy, one girl.. perfect lol! xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 23rd February 2015, 12:58 am

From my experience, i wasn't able to breast feed very well. Left produced a lot more then right but in saying that, it wasn't much at all. 90mls at most and right was only 5mls!!! I am unsure if its because of my implants or not. I am aware that my right side had never formed correctly so i believe that was a factor for me but unfortunately i will never know the answer as to why i couldn't produce enough. i have no feeling in right nipple anymore and left side has only slight feeling. I have overs. Everyone is so different. Some seem to produce a crap load lol you'll never know till you try hun x
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 23rd February 2015, 8:43 am

That's really interesting... and slightly scary [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Were you ever told at the time 'Oh it's because of the implants?' I've never seen anything scientific or written by a surgeon to say you can't breastfeed x
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 23rd February 2015, 9:25 am

Definitely discuss, but please bear in mind that some people struggle to feed regardless and often 1 boob is 'better' than the other. I'm not saying it's not connected, but equally there's nothing to say it wouldn't be like that anyway. Unfortunately we are complex creatures and despite it being one of the most natural things, for many it's not plain sailing, regardless of whether they have implants.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 23rd February 2015, 9:38 am

I will make sure I do,
Thank you Smike x
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 23rd February 2015, 8:15 pm

no i was never told that.. but i ended up producing milk again after 9months of being dried up and got mastitis!! which was very strange lol doctor said that was because it was my implants - stimulation on my mammary glands by the implant. To me its sounded a bit ridiculous! he doesn't know anything to do with implants so i don't think it was that haha. x
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down