Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How mobile are you after the op?

+2
COOKIE
nikkinoo
6 posters

Go down

How mobile are you after the op? Empty How mobile are you after the op?

Post by nikkinoo 24th January 2013, 11:28 am

I know I will need to take it easy after but how mobile should I expect to be. Will I stuggle to move around, go to the loo, make a cuppa ect? I also have to walk to collect the kids from schoolif possible. its not far at all only about 5 mins. Would that be manageable 2/3 days after surgery? (im only haveing mini uplift and small ba if that helps) xx
nikkinoo
nikkinoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 612

http://www.fitnfabulous.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How mobile are you after the op? Empty Re: How mobile are you after the op?

Post by COOKIE 24th January 2013, 12:25 pm

You'll need at the very least 2 days to get over the effects of the GA Nikki. Its difficult to say how well you'll be after having your surgery though, some ladies bounce back and do great! Other ladies having had the exact same surgery just done cope as well and find they need 5 days to a week to get over the worst.

You'll be fine to go to the loo and to make a cuppa (just make sure everything you need is within reach though) and from day one you'll be encouraged to be up and get moving around, but you'll also need lots of rest and will feel very, very tired and its so important to listen to your body and rest when you need it.

To be honest Nikki, even with just a straight forward BA its advisable to get help at least for the first week post-op. so if you can get someone to take and collect the kids from school for the first week its going to help your recovery. Maybe ask one of your kids friends mums if they could help out? Maybe a friend? You wouldn't have to mention your BA if you didnt want to, you could always blame it on a bad back or something, which will be believable because at first you'll walk very gingerly and be hunched over, so a bad back is plausible.

If you can't get any help at all, although I think if you're determined it 'might' be possible 'if' you have a good recovery, I do think you're going to find it very hard and I'd personally be worried for anyone walking on their own just 2 days after major surgery sweetness, so I'd do my very best if I were you to get some help. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinoo 24th January 2013, 12:40 pm

Thanks honey. My date is wed 13th feb, just before half term. Unfortunately my husband cant take any time off at the moment. I hopefully have someone to pick up the day after. I will try and get someone for the friday then. After that is the weekend and my husband will be home, then its half term so no school runs, whoo! I was thinking of taking the kids to the cinima on the monday with a friend so they will be sitting still but still occupied. Fingers crossed its smooth.
Will I need someone at home with me or will I be ok on my own?
nikkinoo
nikkinoo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th January 2013, 12:51 pm

You'll need someone with you for the first 24 hours after coming home, after that as long as you get prepared pre-op for your coming home you should be fine on your own hun.

So just make sure you have everything you're going to be needing within reach. You won't be able to raise your arms or stretch. Any caps that are tight that you might need access too, make sure they're loosened by someone before they leave you because your arms too are going to make you as weak as a kitten.

Clothes - make sure you have lounge wear, anything loose and comfy. Nothing that goes over head because that involves raising your arms, so zip up or button up things are best. Most of us wear leggings, loose pants, hoodys, vest tops that are big enough to step into, if you're at home, button up PJs or onesies are great.., anything like that and again, make sure they're to hand so you don't have to reach for them.

It would be wise to freeze meals, so maybe cook big pans of stew so you can freeze half for after your op and soups are great for freezing too. It just all helps so that you and your hubby have less to do post-op whilst you're recovering lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 24th January 2013, 3:56 pm

I'm a single mum and I've struggled, my house is a dump, my daughter is staying with my parents until next week - purely because I can't do everything for her. I had to get my dad to change my sheets and vacuum.
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by katielou2111 24th January 2013, 4:01 pm

I am dreading it i really am :( hope my fella helps me coz he doesnt want me to have this op says im self inflicting pain on my self for no reason. He was great after my caesarean just know this is cosmetic so im in for it ha ha xx
katielou2111
katielou2111
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinoo 24th January 2013, 4:11 pm

My husbands a bit the same. He says do what makes you happy but bare in mind its your choice to do this. Id love to hear how you get on. What are you having? Are you doing it for the after effects of having the children or because you want to go bigger? Hope you dont mind be being nosy Katie?! x
nikkinoo
nikkinoo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by katielou2111 24th January 2013, 4:31 pm

Hey hunni im doing its because of having kids they lost all volume although i have always been quite small so abit to be bigger as well so hoping to be a big C with 340cc unders:)))
katielou2111
katielou2111
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinoo 24th January 2013, 4:37 pm

Same here. Although I was always big and got even bigger, went from a D/DD to GG!...then...sharank! lol I'm having a 190cc overs with a mini uplift. Have you got much help after? Are you more excited than nervous? Are you in on sat? x
nikkinoo
nikkinoo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 24th January 2013, 5:58 pm

hi, i went from nothing and had 360cc unders so thats a good sized implant to have not to big not to wee

I was like yeah al be up and about fine i was fine after my section, but when i think back i was running on adrenaline and had to as i had to do the school run day four and head back to the hospital on 2 buses to do my daughters cares for weeks as she was in special care. But my god i tell you i ended up not well after Ellie got home and i know its cause my body had had enough

I had my BA on the Sat just after 3pm and woke around 5pmish but i do take a while to come round after a GA and dont do too well but apart from being sick a bit that night and feeling a bit tender, due the local anesthetic they gave me in and around boobs and along with the tramadol and paracetamol the pain was bearable and had a good few hours sleep, got up at 7am the next morning for breakfast but fell asleep again til around 9am then got up washed and put some make up on lol and brushed my hair and tidied my room and packed my bag ready for peter coming to get me. I spoke to my surgeon at some point in the am and he said i done well but he struggled to get my implants in and this is why i was so swollen, I looked like i had a mono boob!! Peter came in with my youngest and we had lunch then headed home.

The Sun was a daze and i remember being scared to move incase i hurt my delicate new boobs!! but i was sill managing the pain but the nipple burn was so so painful I was in tears and wanted they bloody implants out, but that pain came and went for the sun and mon then has never been back. thankfully!!! managed to have a shallow bath and even managed to wash dry and straighten the hair lol, then slept on and off all night

Peter had managed to get to go into work late all the next week and dropped my eldest at school and youngest at his mums or nursery and i had all day to myself, and my mum brought my eldest home from school and my youngest peter collected. the school is a 3min walk away and i could never have made it all that week not only with the pain but i was so so weak. I walked to my mums with my sister on the wed and its about 6 mins away i was out of breathe felt dizzy and sick, not good

By the Fri I was feeling so much better even managed out on the sat for a few drinks with the work at a local put but needed my bed by 9pm lol and i normally last til early ours!!

still to this day i cant change sheets on the bed, hoover, mop, cant really push the pram too far etc, i could if i really needed to but it would hurt and my surgeon has asked me not to do too much til i see him the 7th feb and i will be over 8 weeks PO

my advice is to not do anything for the whole week after except for small walks around the house and in the garden cause if not you end up with a hunchback lol, one thing I found that helped was to stand against a wall support my boobs and straighten my back against the wall slowly get those muscles moving

im supposed to be able to hold my fitness classes as of the 3rd week in feb and i cant see that happening

hope that i dont sound too harsh lol but coming from someone who said pfft al be fine by day 3 and be up and doing everything biy was i wrong xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th January 2013, 6:02 pm

After mine I was pretty mobile, walking about a couple of hours after my op and having a KFC mmmmmm. I couldn't lift a full kettle, but if it was filled just enough so that I could make one cup it was fine, going to the loo, easy, flushing the toilet, not so easy but I used my foot. My door handle was a bit stiff so I kicked a towel in front of the toilet door so no one would come in. Couldn't wash my hair for the 1st 3 days but managed it after that albeit badly done lol.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 24th January 2013, 6:27 pm

i should add everyone is very very diff and you might be feeling great!!! xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down