Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breast Reduction in the North of England (Leeds)

4 posters

Go down

Breast Reduction in the North of England (Leeds) Empty Breast Reduction in the North of England (Leeds)

Post by deadblonde 9th January 2013, 7:57 pm

Hi Ladies!!

Has anyone undergone a breast reduction in the Leeds area?

Would be grateful for a chat or opinions on surgeons. I have just started looking.

Thanks!

x
deadblonde
deadblonde
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Breast Reduction in the North of England (Leeds) Empty Re: Breast Reduction in the North of England (Leeds)

Post by COOKIE 9th January 2013, 8:20 pm

Hello and welcome to Breast Buddies deadblonde wavey

The best advice I can give you sweetie is to RESEARCH! It's so important deadblonde. Take your time to research surgeons in your area, you can request a list of surgeons from any clinics you're interested in and then check their qualifications on the GMC register along with BAAPS/BAPRAS if it's a BAAPS reg surgeon you're specifically interested in.

You can find a link to look for clinics in your area in this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You may also like to take a read through our 'Breast Augmentation Information' section of the forum hun, you'll find a consultation notebook in there which you can print off and take to you consultations if you'd like to as well as a whole ton of info to help you get the look for your boobs that you want. :thumbs:
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Breast Reduction in the North of England (Leeds) Empty Re: Breast Reduction in the North of England (Leeds)

Post by sparkyleeds 9th January 2013, 8:35 pm

Hi,i went with mybreast and Mr spyrou ,it was for an enlargement not reduction,but he is a very good surgeon and works in Leeds at Nuffield hospital and also for the NHS,just thought id let you know!x
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethSok 10th January 2013, 4:23 pm

Hiya, and welcome! I had a reduction 3 months ago, (in london not leeds) but would be happy to share my experiences or answer any questions u have about the procedure. Agree with cookie, do loads of research until you find a surgeon u are 100% confident about.

Elizabeth. xx
ElizabethSok
ElizabethSok
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by deadblonde 10th January 2013, 4:37 pm

Thanks Sparky! That is handy to know I will check him out! x
deadblonde
deadblonde
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deadblonde 10th January 2013, 6:48 pm

Hi Elizabeth.

I got your PM but I can't respond as am a new member!

Here's my story:

I am 27, work in the city in London and commute down from Leeds.

I am a 34G, size 8, 10/12 on top and have recently taken a sabbatical from work until September so made the decision before christmas to have a reduction.

Am pretty nervous about is as once its done you can't go back!

I am considering going down to a C cup.

I would love to know what size you were and are now and also how you felt in the days post surgery.

Thanks a million for your help. There are so many forums for women who have/want implants and not so many for those getting them reduced.

deadblonde
deadblonde
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 10th January 2013, 6:49 pm

He also does reconstruction,Let me know how you get on !xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th January 2013, 7:00 pm

I had my boobs reduced deadblonde.... Not by much though and I had implants too.

I'm sure you'll find though as I think Elizabeth will testify, you'll gain a lot of support from this forum so do take what we can offer sweetness and if you have any questions pleas who ask away. Those of us who have had full anchor lifts can help with many questions also that you might want answers too. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethSok 10th January 2013, 7:21 pm

Hiya, :)

Ok, so I am 25, and went from a 32 KK, to a 32 F. I specifically wanted to stay on the big side, but my boobs were ridiculous, I was a size 18 on top and a 12 on the waist. I am now a 12 for both! :)

I think a C cup is a good call, and most surgeons would be happy to do that, (my own surgeon wanted me to be a D)

Sooo.. my story is a little complicated because I had some complications from my first surgery, an internal bleed which happens once in a blue moon. That meant I needed further surgery and it took a while for it all to heal. three months on, I feel fabulous and have done for a few weeks, and I absolutely LOVE my new boobs, they look so great in bras, and I feel so much better about myself. But it was a hard time for a while, so I would recommend doing it a good few months before you go back to work, and making sure you have a good support system in place, so that you are not doing it alone!

The cons to even a normal no complications reduction surgery are:

scarring, u will probably have 3 scars, around the areola (not noticeable), a vertical line down (fades quickly, also not noticeable) and a horizontal one in the crease of your boob. This last one is the most severe, but normally not noticeable as in the shadow of your boob. However, these scars will fade and flatten over time, but will NOT ever go away completely, whatever u use. So you need to be happy with that.

breastfeeding. Dont know if you have kids, but chances of feeding after a BR are hugely reduced, and normally not possible. If you can feed, it wont be exclusively.

sensation: a lot of women lose part or all sensation and sensitivity in nipples and boobs. even if you dont, for up to a year it will still be on and off!

In terms of pain etc, I dont think it is that bad. The hosp will give lots of meds, I found it all more itchy and uncomfortable than anything else. Lots of bandages etc, and u cant shower for a couple weeks. I was only given the all clear to bath today!!

Dont let all that put you off though, because with a good surgeon and the right amount of time to rest up, you can be up and about within a couple of weeks, and back to normal after six weeks, except with amazing new boobs! Even with all my hassle, I wouldnt change a thing about my boobs, and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

What else can I answer for you? :)
ElizabethSok
ElizabethSok
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deadblonde 10th January 2013, 7:25 pm

Well that just about covers it I think!! You couldn't shower for how long??

I don't have kids - do you? But I want them and it does feel selfish not to be able to breast feed but jesus GET THEM GONE!!

Why did you find it uncomfortable afterwards? I wwould love to see your scars if you have any pictures? (That sounds really odd!)

Did you try the NHS route at all?
deadblonde
deadblonde
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethSok 10th January 2013, 7:36 pm

normal cant shower is for 2 weeks. I couldnt shower for about a month, it was so disgusting I didnt even want to be around myself!

I do, I have a son, he is 2yo, and I had a hell of a time trying to BF him, I lasted six weeks because I was reaaalllly pro feeding. But the truth is, my boobs were just too big. He used to fall asleep under the weight of them.
p'G if I have more kids, I will feed them breastmilk for the health benefits and for comfort if I can, but their main source of calories will be formula, and they will have a happy mummy! I have made my peace with that, and even if I cant feed them at all, that's okay too. But it's something to think about!

Bandages are really heavy duty in a lot of places. So I was strapped in very heavily and my skin is quite sensitive so it was very itchy. Plus, you have been cut open so it is going to be uncomfortable at first! But once the first week is over and the dressings are changed it should be better every day. Just keep taking the paracetamol!

Yesss I have some pictures that you can see at a later date, either when you become active on here, or when I know you a little better! :)

re: NHS, yes, I tried. I was turned down, and from what I can tell- most people are. -shrugs- they said I needed either a deformity, like one boob two sizes bigger than the other, or severe muscular damage shown on an xray (er thats what im trying to avoid?) and a BMI of under 26 shown for 2 yrs with weigh ins at dr... basically anything they could say to get out of doing it.

Truthfully looking back I'm glad I went privately. I always saw the same nurses, I got to choose my surgeon, I had care 24/7, not just 9-5 monday to friday. literally I was going to the hospital at 3am some nights, and 7 days a week at one point, so I am really glad I chose a private hospital. And the care has been great. I used Spire, I think they have a Leeds hospital also?
ElizabethSok
ElizabethSok
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deadblonde 10th January 2013, 7:44 pm

Yeah they do have a leeds one and I have found some really good surgeons. NHS route seems impossible this end too. Just liked the thought of being in a proper hospital with consultants from other eithers of medicine around.

Why in the world were you going to hospital at 3am you poor thing???

When do you lose the heavy bandages?

I was reading some US forums with posts from women saying they had to stay in a sports bra for 3 months etc.

How did you handle the bra issue initally?
deadblonde
deadblonde
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethSok 10th January 2013, 8:03 pm

Yes, I wore a sports bra for about six weeks, but truthfully I looked so much better with them smaller that It didnt really matter. Then once I came out of sports bras, wooooo! even better again! Its a great surgery in that you pretty much see the results right away, in clothes at least. I lost the heavy bandages before two weeks were up, and most of them at the 1 week check. Also had stitches removed then.

Had my second op at 2am, two days after my first one. Was a bit of a drama! But at a normal hospital prob would have had to wait until morning which might have made the situation a lot worse.

ElizabethSok
ElizabethSok
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down