Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scar concerns

4 posters

Go down

Scar concerns Empty Scar concerns

Post by ElizabethSok 2nd November 2012, 3:40 pm

Hi ladies, I am now about 2 and a half weeks post op, and the nurse agreed to take off my micropore yesterday as I seem to be having a reaction to it. She said the scars would be better off left to the air, and that i can have a shower every couple of days as well. The left nipple is still bandaged and a bit of a mess, but I can see its healing sloooooowwwwly.

My concern is about my scars. Around the good nipple they are so neat and lovely, but under the boob (especially lefty of course) they are all bumpy and uneven and in a couple of places there is almost flaps of skin on top....? I trust my surgeon and from what I have read they do change a lot.. but if anyone has any scar photos they wouldnt mind me seeing of the changes between beginning and 3 months ish time, I would be so grateful, just to see if what I'm looking at is normal?

I've tried looking online, but scar photos seem really hard to find. The vertical scars still have micropore on, so I dont know what those look like.

In other news, I'm SO weepy. I dont know why or whats causing it, maybe Im just not sleeping well on my back etc, or maybe just build up of everything, but it feels like every five minutes Im crying my eyes out! Had a right bawl in front of my MIL this morning, she now thinks I've lost it!
ElizabethSok
ElizabethSok
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Scar concerns Empty Re: Scar concerns

Post by misf1 2nd November 2012, 3:53 pm

Its probably still a bit of boobie blues hun, I had it and would just cry foor no reason. Don't worry it will ease. As for the scars I only had the crease incision so I don't think my pics would be any help to you. Scars do at first appear bumpy and odd, but once they've healed a bit more (usually around the 6 weeks mark) you will get the go ahead to massage the scars. Massage helps break down the scar tissue and will help it flatten out. A lot of people use vitamin e oil or an oil/cream with vitamin E in it such as bio oil or palmers cocoa butter. You must not massage or put creams on until you have had the go ahead from your surgeon. Your scars will be the thing that takes the longest to heal which is a full year. You are very early post op so try not to worry about the appearance. It's probably the boobie blues making it all feel so much worse. You'll feel better soon.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd November 2012, 4:05 pm

I'll move this to the uplift/reduction section for you Elizabeth, the girls there will be best to help you with this hun Hug

At just over two weeks post-op your scars aren't going to look their best lovely. They can often look puckered, angry and red... They can go on to look a lot worse too before they look better hun but its all part of the healing process and at this stage in your recovery I really wouldn't worry.

Have you asked the nurse about lowering yourself and gently trying a side position for sleep if the swellings going well?

Using your V-pillow is great for helping yourself in to a side position, cuddling your V-pillow and creating a hole for your boob to rest in so there's no pressure at all on it. If you haven't asked hun, then maybe give the clinic a call to see what they say? You really don't have to stay on your back for the full six weeks if your swelling is going OK.

I also agree with misf1 that you have the boobie blues hun.... It happens to a lot of us so you're not alone. This really is VERY early in your recovery hun and you really do have many changes ahead before seeing your result. Take your recovery a day at a time and you'll be ok sweetness. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethSok 3rd November 2012, 9:58 pm

I havent asked, but my swelling and bruising is pretty bad still, even the nurse said she was surprised at how bruised I was, so i doubt she will let me sleep on my side yet! :(

I am seeing my surgeon again on Thursday on Nurses suggestion, so hopefully he will reassure me about the scarring. They arent angry and red, just VERY puckered and uneven/lumpy. I cant imagine how they will ever look normal.

Boobie blues eh? Much worse than baby blues thats all I can say!
ElizabethSok
ElizabethSok
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd November 2012, 10:14 pm

What you're describing does sound very normal Elizabeth. Even the bruising babe. My nipple was black lovely and I bruised like a peach! The puckering and lumpiness... Yup, all very normal too.

I doubt anything we say is going to make you feel better until you see your surgeon on Thursday though sweetie, so hope all goes well there for you hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 5th November 2012, 6:57 pm

I dont mind you looking at my pics. I have loads on my picture trail account. I'm nearly 7 weeks post op after uplift and implants and my vertical scars and nipple scars are healing well and I've just updated the photos with close ups of the scars today. Just pm me if you want the details xx
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down