Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had my surgeon consultation now apply for funding?

+5
sparkyleeds
kay
COOKIE
Louise91
LilMissCook
9 posters

Go down

Had my surgeon consultation now apply for funding? Empty Had my surgeon consultation now apply for funding?

Post by LilMissCook 16th May 2012, 1:49 pm

I went to my gp around 2weeks ago and was referred to a surgeon up the hospital who I saw today, he confirmed I have absolutely no breast tissue and they've never developed, he said he was going to do an ifr to Norfolk and Suffolk pct and I had photographs done to back up my application, what happens now? He was talking as though I was definitely going to be getting it done and he said I won't take you that big, I was that happy and overjoyed I forgot to even ask questions and pretty much skipped out. Can anybody give me any info?
LilMissCook
LilMissCook
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

https://www.facebook.com/Lil.Miss.Cookie

Back to top Go down

Had my surgeon consultation now apply for funding? Empty Re: Had my surgeon consultation now apply for funding?

Post by Louise91 16th May 2012, 2:03 pm

Yep, your surgeon will now have to write a letter of support to your PCT (which it sounds like he's agreed to do!). I also had to fill out a long form with my GP as well about how it affected my life etc, which was pit to the board along with the letter from my surgeon. Some people also have to have a psychologist's assesment done as well.

The PCT then hold monthly boards where they consider all the funding requests. Your case will be put to this board, and it will be them who ultimately decide whether you can have it or not. A good letter of support is advatageous though so hopefully it will be good news!

You can google your PCT's guidelines for independent funding requests to see if they usually fund what you are applying for to give you some idea.

Hope that helps and Good Luck!
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Had my surgeon consultation now apply for funding? Empty Re: Had my surgeon consultation now apply for funding?

Post by COOKIE 16th May 2012, 2:23 pm

I'm of no help when it comes to having a BA through the NHS chick, but just wanted to send on my good luck wishes. Had my surgeon consultation now apply for funding? 1150991001 Hope all goes well. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMissCook 16th May 2012, 3:16 pm

Thanks Louise what area do you live in? I didn't get told about a letter from my gp or me but suppose I should hear in time, did you have to have photos taken at the hospital too? There was no mention or questions about how it affects my life or how I feel emotionally he just said he would bring me back for a consultation? He measured me and could clearly see I don't wear a bra because there's is literally nothing to hold up :/
LilMissCook
LilMissCook
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 16th May 2012, 8:23 pm

I am also of no use really when it comes to funding via the NHS shrug but good luck xx keep us posted :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 16th May 2012, 8:29 pm

GoodLuck LilMissCook!,i bet your so happy !x
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMissCook 16th May 2012, 9:13 pm

Thanks for the support ladies :) must say all your pro pics are amazing I can't wait till I have a pair x
LilMissCook
LilMissCook
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 18th May 2012, 2:11 pm

Im in London, it sounds like you may be going about the process in a slighlty different way than I did, as it was by GP who applied for my finding request, rather than the surgeon. And having re-read your post it sound like your surgeon is the one who is going to be putting in the request? It may be that the consulation he said he will call you back for will be to fill in the form, or he might just do it without you.

I didn't have any photo's or anything done...It was pretty obvious that I met the 3 cup size difference criteria that my PCT had for funding asymmetry surgery, so I guess they just went with my surgeons word. I can see how the criteria for a straight augmentation might be a bit different, as people perceptions of 'nothing' or 'none' is not as easy to define as asymmtery, so the photos were probably to try and make sure that everyone is on the same page...otherwise they will all be imagining different things!

I'd say give a few weeks/ a month (things take a whie with the NHS!) and if you havn't heard anything then you gan give your surgeon's secretary a ring (google your surgeons name and the hospital and it should come up), who will probably be able to help you. If not you can ring the PALS (patient liason service) of your hospital who can put you through to who you need to speak to.

One word of advice....be persistant! And get used to pestering people, otherwise nothing gets done!
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMissCook 10th June 2012, 11:26 pm

Hiya Louise just wondering how the whole process is going with you? Have you a date yet? Iv recently moved so I'm hoping it doesn't delay things too much but I went to my new doctor who's lovely and said I needed to write a back up statement on how it affects my life so that when she gets forms she can fill them in & attach my statement to save time although it was the actual surgeon that put in the request to the ifr panel, it's been a month now & not heard anything other than when I saw my gp last week, will I get any kind of letter from the ifr panel or pct? Hope your well x
LilMissCook
LilMissCook
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nadsamber 20th October 2012, 6:47 pm

Just wondering..what makes you eligable to try for nhs BA's x
nadsamber
nadsamber
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by JustPeachy 21st October 2012, 1:58 pm

Every area is different. I didn't fill in any forms at all. I went to my GP, she confirmed I had tuberous breasts (one of the criteria) and then I was referred to a psychiatrist. I met with her several times and explained how it affected me etc. She then approved my surgery 'psychologically'. I was then referred to a plastic surgeon who I met and confirmed I had met the criteria for surgery on the NHS 'physically'. Then I had to go get my before photos taken and was put on a waiting list. Got my letter confirming date of op a few months later and that was the whole process. I know another person who had surgery near me and she had a similar (ish) process. Hope that helps xx
JustPeachy
JustPeachy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 370

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshdoll 21st October 2012, 8:56 pm

Each area is so different I have been to GP once in June and literally only showed her my breasts (didn't have to tell her how they made me feel or affected my life!) i then received a letter from the local health board confirming I had met the criteria to see the PS who I saw last week had some pics done and discussed sizes and the procedure then had a letter Friday stating I should have the op within 4 months! :-) x
Welshdoll
Welshdoll
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeniic 4th December 2012, 5:52 pm

Hi Little Miss cook,
Hope all goes well for you or you may even have had your surgery by now.

I tried several times to get a BA, my GP referred me to the consultant,
(gp and myself wrote a letter, no photos taken) when i went the hospital
they went through the procedures, and had a few measurements donethey
then told me i would here back from them.
Within about a month i had a
letter to say the PCT had declined me, baring in mind i was 28 when all
this was going on i have not developed at all and dont even have
periods therefore you can imagine how i feel. Anyway i did appeal
against it to get rejected again.

Its so fustrating the fact that
i cant have children and now i barely feel like a female really
distresses me, but i dont open up to anyone, everyone knows i want a BA
but just dont understand how much.

xx
Jeniic
Jeniic
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down