Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rejected - Need to apply for approval for funding

+11
alfie
Tararah
Miss D
LouLou82
COOKIE
misf1
peggysue
Natalie84
natalia
kittie
bigandsmall
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rejected - Need to apply for approval for funding  Empty Rejected - Need to apply for approval for funding

Post by bigandsmall 8th September 2010, 1:09 pm

Just called Drs to chase referral and have been told (by secretary)that plastics have rejected the referral and said that we need to apply for funding. So upset, Dr made out it was a dead cert. Crying again.

What can I do to help my case? Am going to take some photos for GP. Do you think I should write a letter/statement exp0laining ym feelings or will I seem to pushy and like a nutter? So upset.
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Rejected - Need to apply for approval for funding  Empty Re: Rejected - Need to apply for approval for funding

Post by kittie 8th September 2010, 3:21 pm

sorry hun i have no experience of nhs funding but just wanted to give you a Rejected - Need to apply for approval for funding  571992
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Rejected - Need to apply for approval for funding  Empty Re: Rejected - Need to apply for approval for funding

Post by natalia 8th September 2010, 4:01 pm

is their no way u can get out a loan?or save up yourself theirs a site called my free implants i know girls who made enough money on their to get their boob jobs paid for just a thought hun if you want them that much i mean i pole danced to pay for mine couldnt of got them otherwise
xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie84 8th September 2010, 4:14 pm

Hey hun! I don't know how it works where you are but here they had to apply for funding before I could get referred. As you said that your Dr didnt sound too sure about what she was saying she may have gone down the wrong path and referred you before applying for funding. I looked up what the procedures were in diff locations when i first went to my GP and it seems that a lot of them apply for the funding before making referrels, and from what I've heard some consultants then give the funding panel a yes or a no, in my case the op was a sure thing as soon as i had the funding and it was just down to the surgeon to decide how she was going to do it. I hope that makes sense, go back, see your gp, and ask to apply for funding from the pct before being referred. Fingers crossed for you x
Natalie84
Natalie84
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 8th September 2010, 7:30 pm

Just keep trying sweetie its very dissapointing and its so hard to be patient.
Its a slow process as im finding out at the moment. Dont really know what to say but keep your chin up and turn that frown upside down
Hug x
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 9th September 2010, 7:09 pm

I'm sorry to hear that hun. I know it must be a very difficult and disappointing time for you. I dont have much experience with the NHS as they dismiss anything I say.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th September 2010, 7:46 pm

I'm so sorry hun. I've no advice as I didn't have my BA through the NHS babe so have no idea of the protocol.

Natalie84 seems to have offered some positive advice though in that it seems you actually need to apply for funding first before appraoching a surgeon, so maybe your GP just went the wrong way about it hunni.

Book an appointment with your GP babe, to further discuss the steps you now need to take.

I wish you all the luck in the world babe. xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 14th September 2010, 11:49 am

Natalia - thanks for the ideas but poledancing/myfreeboobjob aren't for me as I'm very unsymmetrical so won't be flashing my boobs anytime soon!

Thanks for all the comments everyone - Natalie84 especially. I'm hopeful my GP just did it the wrong way round and have managed to get a cancellation appointment with her this afternoon, and have got my pictures and letter at the ready which hopefully she can send with the request for funding.

bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 14th September 2010, 12:09 pm

hope it goes well this afternoon
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 14th September 2010, 2:11 pm

you dont need to flash your boobs hun u can just do under wear not everyone gets all their kit off some just do underwear and sexy dresses lingerie xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 14th September 2010, 3:05 pm

Oh right Natalia, I guess I'm just not very knowledgeable about that poledancing etc! I hear lots of girls do it to fund uni.

Am off the hook from that though by my lovely doctor. Just got back from there. She said being rejected was a mistake by the admin people who do 'choose and book' and she's going to fax a direct referral to the consultant.

Happy tears for once!!! :cheerlead:
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 14th September 2010, 3:15 pm

oh wow thats fab news i think they should def do it for u as you have diff sized boobies my friend had hers on nhs then went and did poledancing and had them done bigger again but she still wish she could go bigger lol some peeps never happy i will keep my fingers crossed for u xxxxxxxxxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 19th September 2010, 4:05 pm

Thank goodness for that! But just make sure you keep pushing hun & please keep us updated :thumbs:
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss D 19th September 2010, 4:45 pm

Really happy for you honey, mine is a different situation to yours but I know how you felt when you thought you'd lost your chance of getting your boobies and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Let us know how you get on xx
Miss D
Miss D
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 24th September 2010, 1:16 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone. I've had my referral letter through, and my appointment is next month with a breast surgeon from my local hopital. My GP has said she doesnt know if the new governments' rules on funding will mean I might not get approved though. I guess it will be a case of him looking and deciding if the asymmetry is significant enough.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 24th September 2010, 7:22 pm

toes and all crossed for ya sweet xxx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 24th September 2010, 7:48 pm

Fingers crossed for your appointment with the surgeon bigandsmall
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 14th October 2010, 10:21 am

Just wanted to say its my consultation tomorrow at 9.30am and I'm so nervous. Not got anyone in real life I can share this with so just needed to tell someone!
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tararah 14th October 2010, 10:47 am

Hey good luck with the consultation! hope all goes well xx
Tararah
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th October 2010, 1:35 pm

bigandsmall wrote:Just wanted to say its my consultation tomorrow at 9.30am and I'm so nervous. Not got anyone in real life I can share this with so just needed to tell someone!

Hug Good luck babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 14th October 2010, 2:58 pm

Good luck hun. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 14th October 2010, 6:12 pm

Good Luck! The consultation isn't as bad as you expect it to be I promise. I hope it's good news. Keep us updated. xxx
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 15th October 2010, 9:24 am

I'm back...

I've had my first consult, just got back! A dr and the surgeon both looked at me and both agreed I have a difference of more than 2 cup sizes (the criteria for aproval).

I need to go back for photos, which will be sent to another surgeon who also needs to agree, but they said they think its very likely I'll get approved dance

Am in shock. Was convinced they were going to say the difference wasn't enough (even though I think its massive).
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 15th October 2010, 6:01 pm

Yay! Congratulations. Bet your really pleased. Cheerleader
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 18th October 2010, 12:17 pm

Thanks Louise I am chuffed. Have told my hubby now too, which is good :)
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next