Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help please! Applied to NHS for funding

4 posters

Go down

Help please! Applied to NHS for funding Empty Help please! Applied to NHS for funding

Post by HannahBean 8th September 2013, 3:59 pm

Hi all,

Some ladies on a different forum recommended this one so I'm wondering if anyone can offer some advice. I have applied to the Nhs for funding to correct my tuberous breasts. I'm 24 now but first saw my GP and surgeons about this when I was 17, so it's bothered me for a long time! I've been really fortunate with the doctors and nurses so far. Every single one has been supportive and immediately said that I can apply for funding. There's been no mention of a psychiatrist assessment or anything, so I'm guessing that depends on your postcode? Anyway,I submitted all the letters etc 8 weeks ago. The GP said I should hear back by 8 weeks, but when I spoke to a different dr last week he said "we haven't heard anything so ring back in a month". I'm going to ring again on tuesday to speak to my normal dr, but I'd be really grateful for any advice or experiences other people have had!! I just hate not knowing what's happening, and the time scales they give mean nothing. I'm trying to move abroad too but obviously can't even start to plan that until surgery is done and post surgery checkups sorted. I wish I could just go private and have it done with!!!!
HannahBean
HannahBean
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Help please! Applied to NHS for funding Empty Re: Help please! Applied to NHS for funding

Post by COOKIE 8th September 2013, 4:41 pm

Hello and welcome to Breast Buddies Hannah wavey 

I'm no help with the NHS process, sorry hun. But we do have quite a few ladies here who will hopefully be along shortly to guide you.

It may be worthwhile giving your GP a nudge to chase your case up for you and see what's happening lovely.

Anyways... Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and hope to say that I hope you enjoy your time here as much as we all do.

There are plenty of threads here in the NHS section that you may actually find of interest to you and may help hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Help please! Applied to NHS for funding Empty Re: Help please! Applied to NHS for funding

Post by pinkprincess881 8th September 2013, 4:53 pm

Hiya! Welcome! 

Well I've just had surgery 3days ago through the nhs, so I guess I'm as good a person as any to give a bit of advice, so here goes....

Chase up as much as you can, there are millions upon millions of patients on every hospital list, things can get 'lost' or 'delayed' or simply 'forgotten' you can't expect your GP to be treating it as 'urgently' as you do. 

Don't try and base your 'journey' on other people's you have read, even if your from the same area, things can take weeks, months or even years. 

Although a doctor or nurse may see you as a fit candidates for funding this means NOTHING they do not decide, the PCT decide, and they decide this through photos, through measurements, through statistics and national averages. 

The nhs is a long route, but if you truly deserve the funding ding and fit the criteria you will get it. But until you have been through the process you won't know...so please don't build all your hopes on it and put your life on hold.

Wish you luck and remember to chase up the first chance you get. I don't want to come  across as negative, but I don't want to fill you will promises either, just try and keep a level head and remember there are no guarantees 

Xxx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 891

Back to top Go down

Post by HannahBean 8th September 2013, 5:43 pm

Hi, thank you for your message. How are you feeling after surgery?

I'm trying to be patient, it's so hard because I've wanted this for over 6 years and it's just come at a time when my plans have changed! I know what you mean about putting my life on hold, and if I'm granted surgery and it will be a year wait I don't need to, but if it will be weeks or months I have to. And the timescales I've been advised by doctors are meaningless, not from people going through the same thing. It's so hard that all the time scales are different depending on your PCT. i know it might sound like I'm moaning, I guess I just want something concrete to hold on to!
HannahBean
HannahBean
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th September 2013, 6:21 pm

We don't hear any moaning here Hannah, we're here to support you hun, so any worries, or concerns and all those feelings you think you can't say at home incase those that love you think you're going go.. Well, that's what we're here for babe.

So please babe, don't feel like you're moaning here. Whether having a BA private or through the NHS we ALL know what its like not to have the boobs we want and what its like to have to wait for them, so you're in good company here Hannah and whenever you need to talk... Please do talk to us hun Hug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 8th September 2013, 8:22 pm

Hi. Im also going through the nhs route. For me im in scotland so we don't have a pct up here.
I think there are different ways it is done up here.
For me personally I went to my GP and was referred to the hospital. I received a referral letter 1 week later for 7weeks after that.
I saw the consultant, he took my height and weight. Asked me questions about why I wanted the op and how it affected me as a person.
After that he had a look and a feel and told me what they would do. But said I would need to get my bmi under 27....it was 28.

He gave me 4months to do this and my next appointment is in just over a month and half away.
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down