Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tape restrictions

+2
COOKIE
Loobs
6 posters

Go down

Tape restrictions Empty Tape restrictions

Post by Loobs 25th April 2012, 3:31 pm

Hey, its Day 6 of BA & Matopexy, I had a full anchor lift and really uncomfortable with the tape today it sort of feels restrictive...im wondering if this is because boobs are settling a bit now and swelling is going down (although a long way to go) and the tape it restricting the "settling"

Just a thought wondered what any other ladies might think.

Thank you

xx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Tape restrictions Empty Re: Tape restrictions

Post by COOKIE 25th April 2012, 10:37 pm

By tape, do you mean a breast band babe?

If you do then the restrictive feeling you're experiencing will be due 'to' the swelling! You do swell more after surgery babe for a week, sometimes two before the majority of the swelling settles for some people. I know the band can be VERY uncomfortable, but it's there to do a job so just bare with it hun.... Unless of course you're experiencing 'pain' from the band and in that case I'd just give the clinic a quick call and ask for their advice, they'd just probably want to check to see if they could make you more comfortable. Nothing to worry about though. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 26th April 2012, 5:58 am

Hey cookie, thanks for the reply, but I mean the micropore tape. My boobs are taped up. I think its the swelling and tape combo, they feel stingy this morning, but maybe that's because I woke up flat, oops!
Xxx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 26th April 2012, 6:24 am

Hi, I felt so much better when I had my tapes changed - before it felt tight and constricting and I also worried that them being too tight would affect the way they healed and dropped.

I agree with cookie that there will be discomfort there caused by the swelling but its definately worth talking to your nurse about. It would be a shame to struggle with discomfort if it ended up being a simple case of re-dressing a little less tightly perhaps?

x
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 26th April 2012, 6:31 am

Hey Kat, yes good idea, I have my appointment today so I can chat to her. Bit worried about having the tape off because it is stuck on very well! Ha!
I keep thinking that it won't let the righty drop cuz its higher than lefty, but I know from reading up they both heal at different rates and its very early days!
X
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 26th April 2012, 11:15 am

I found the dressing so uncomfortable, my skin under was bright red when the nurse removed them at my first check-up. I have to wear steri strips for three months, luckily though these are comfortbale and I don't react to them.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th April 2012, 11:17 am

You have nothing at all to worry about Loobs. The tape comes off relatively easily and the nurses are very gentle to care whilst peeling.

The feelings you're experiencing sound very normal tapes or not, so don't be alarmed if you're still experiencing that stingy sensation still, it's just all the nerve endings healing back together again. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 26th April 2012, 5:19 pm

sorry - I should have mentioned also that the tapes and strapping came off easier than i thought too. I had what looked like two square patches (about the size of an A5 envelope!) under each and I was dreading them being pulled off - when Id tried a corner it made my eyes water - but honestly I barely felt anything when the nurse did it! You could always get hold of a hand full of her hair just before she pulls it off and say 'we are not going to hurt each other are we?'Tape restrictions 199385
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 26th April 2012, 5:21 pm

ooops - too late for my helpful advice re the nurse ... you'll be all done now Loobs ... how did you get on? more comfortable now?

x
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 26th April 2012, 9:33 pm

Thanks Roxanne, thats not too bad is it, was you alergic to the tape?

cookie wrote:You have nothing at all to worry about Loobs. The tape comes off relatively easily and the nurses are very gentle to care whilst peeling.

The feelings you're experiencing sound very normal tapes or not, so don't be alarmed if you're still experiencing that stingy sensation still, it's just all the nerve endings healing back together again. xx

Thank you cookie. Luckily, I have done my homework being a member of the boards so I sort of knew it must be normal sensations! She didnt take it off anyway, she said that my surgeon likes it kept on, unless it comes off or gets dog eared then to replace it. She said I might have to keep it on for 10 weeks!Tape restrictions 869500

LOL Kat I will keep that in mind when they eventually come off! I think once its time they are removed they should come off quite easy...I hope!

xxxx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th April 2012, 9:40 pm

Awww I was stuck in dressings and the dreaded sports bra for 12 weeks babe, so I feel your pain LOL.

Good to read you feel better having read through the forum, it's great to read BJSF has helped along the way, it's a wealth of information isn't it!

rest up now lovely.... the being waited on only last for so long before you're back on the old tread mill, so make the most of it lol. XXX
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 26th April 2012, 9:45 pm

I think like you cookie, im in for the long haul hahaa!

Do you know what, you couldnt find all this information in a book cookie, its like a BA Bible. Brilliant forum, honestly! Im totally clued up, and if i dont know something, then i know where to come!!

Ha yeah think thats happening already LOL!

Xxx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BunnyCuddles88 23rd June 2012, 7:47 pm

Hi Loobs

I am 10 days post op now. Can I just ask about the tapes. Did you shower with them on? I am thinking of showering and then putting new tapes on if they come off? This might all sound stupid but it is worrying me so grateful to know.

Thanks.xxx
BunnyCuddles88
BunnyCuddles88
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 24th June 2012, 3:28 pm

Hiya,

I did shower with them and replaced any that came away for got dogeared. But only because my surgeon said I could. I wouldnt reccomend you having a shower if your surgeon or nurse have not said its ok.

If you are ok to do so, you will probably find they wont come off this early post op so you shouldnt need to replace them

Hope this helps x
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 24th June 2012, 3:50 pm

^^Same as Loobs^^
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th June 2012, 4:28 pm

I agree with the girls Bunnycuddles, only follow the advise of YOUR surgeon/clinic and no-one elses sweetheart.

In following the advice given to other women and not your surgeon, you put your after care policy in jeopardy of becoming void lovely. Your after care is tailored to your healing, so to get the best from that hun, please listen to your surgeon only. Tape restrictions 48411 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 24th June 2012, 6:59 pm

The tape is really annoying, but it does work xx I had to keep patching mine up for about 4 weeks Screwy worth it though to help the incisions heal xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by BunnyCuddles88 24th June 2012, 8:43 pm

Thanks everyone. I have an appointment with my surgeon on Thursday so will sort out then.x
And boobs are feeling so much better today, definitely a lot softer to feel (11 days post op).x
BunnyCuddles88
BunnyCuddles88
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down