Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long does the swelling go on for?

2 posters

Go down

How long does the swelling go on for? Empty How long does the swelling go on for?

Post by Loobs 20th April 2012, 8:01 pm

Hello Ladies,

I had a BA & Mastopexy yesterday. I guess its different for everyone but how long should I expect to be swolen/continue swelling for? I didnt have drains.

Any help would be great im in agony thanks girls Lauren x
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

How long does the swelling go on for? Empty Re: How long does the swelling go on for?

Post by COOKIE 22nd April 2012, 10:19 am

So sorry you're experiencing so much discomfortHow long does the swelling go on for? 571992, I had a tough time too lovely, the first week was the worst, then over the second, things did get better, by week three, I was back up about as normal.

The swelling, ooooo, that lasted quite a while, I still had some swelling up to the 3 month mark!.. The major swelling though were you have that horrible morning boobs and discomfort... give it a couple of weeks hun. If you haven't tried ice packs yet then they're a god send! If you don't have ice packs, don't worry, a frozen bag of peas, corn, rice or anyother other veg you can get your hands on will do LOL the smaller the better though to help mold round your boobs.

Just pop the ice pack across the tops of your breasts, you really will get so much relief from this. I also know it's difficult at first, but getting yourself up and about as soon as you can will also help your recovery progress. Drink tons of water, be aware of your posture and maybe if you feel up to a bit of fresh air, having a short gentle walk outside will help babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How long does the swelling go on for? Empty Re: How long does the swelling go on for?

Post by Loobs 22nd April 2012, 11:38 am

Thank you Cookie How long does the swelling go on for? 48411

I was a bad patient on day 1,2, not to bad today...enjoying the co-codamol so this will be the last day I take it!! (not enjoying the constipation!) I was just feeling overwhelmed by the swelling, it was like to capacity!

I will try the ive packs thanks thats a good idea. The nurse told me PS said I must run water over my boobs and if i get the tape wet to replace it..they gave me tape too, didnt do a good job of that yesterday because i was so nervous out of the bra so i will try again tonight. Im wearing nip pads to because of weepy nip but i think after tonight i should leave it to to air.

Its just all new isnt it quite daunting if youre a bit of a wuss like me. Just thank god for this forum!

I am ODing on water haha and going to have a walk later :)

Thanks again cookie xxx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd April 2012, 12:04 pm

No-one on this forum is a wuss babes, we ALL mostly go through exactly the same concerns How long does the swelling go on for? 571992

When you say weeping, I presume you just mean a little blood seeping through the coverings? If that's right you're right to get air to that nipple hun - best treatment there is! I had wounds that just woudn't heal at all and was advised to remove my bra, lay on my bed for an hour a day, open a window and just let the air get to the wounds... They soon healed up in no time! I just had to prey the window cleaner didn't change his rounds! How long does the swelling go on for? 557141

If the weeping is puss like, painful or it smells, this is something you should see your surgeon about hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 22nd April 2012, 12:07 pm

ahh thanks cookie!

Yeah blood really, i just freaked out because the bra stuck to my nipple when i tried to take it off and i ended up crying like a silly ar*e.

Yes I should let the air get to it now I will leave the pads alone after today i think.

ahahahaaHow long does the swelling go on for? 557141 that made me giggle about the window cleaner, haha!

xxx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd April 2012, 12:24 pm

hee heeeeee glad I made you giggle babe.

For anyone else reading who had not had permission to redress their own wounds -

DO NOT remove dressings unless you've been given permission by your surgeon to do so. Even if you do see a little blood seeping through, it's fine, leave the dressings well alone until your next check-up.

If your dressings are sodden with blood and the blood has no signs of stopping you must seek your surgeons advice.

Removing the dressings too early could effect the scarring. So unless otherwise advised to do so, please leave all dressings well alone. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down