Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HMG confirmed they will not replace free of charge

+5
misf1
abbie
sparkyleeds
momojack
Jessica
9 posters

Go down

HMG confirmed they will not replace free of charge Empty HMG confirmed they will not replace free of charge

Post by Jessica 11th January 2012, 1:35 pm

Anyone watching the news about this now?

HMG says they will not replace free of charge, and the government also saying it's not fair to ask the NHS to replace free of charge either.

They've ordered a major review into the cosmetic surgery industry.

It's not fair that innocent women have been lumbered with these implants either shrug

Can't believe the companies that used these implants are still not taking responsibility for their mistakes, makes me so angry!

Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

HMG confirmed they will not replace free of charge Empty Re: HMG confirmed they will not replace free of charge

Post by momojack 11th January 2012, 1:38 pm

I also just heard this on the news..very disappointing!!! If HMG cant afford to do it and NHS won't do it, are they planning to just leave women to get ill from the implants before anyone will help!!?? HMG confirmed they will not replace free of charge 221105 x
momojack
momojack
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

HMG confirmed they will not replace free of charge Empty Re: HMG confirmed they will not replace free of charge

Post by sparkyleeds 11th January 2012, 2:08 pm

I agree ! Its disgusting that they wont change the implants free of charge! They have sold an item which was not fit for purpose !!
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 11th January 2012, 2:10 pm

b@stards
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th January 2012, 2:14 pm

I agree. It is disgusting. Hopefully the government will follow the welsh assembly and offer replacement implants on the nhs even for those who had them privately. Well done wales.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by momojack 11th January 2012, 2:19 pm

It is good news about the Welsh Assembly agreeing to foot the bill..hopefully the surrounding countries all agreeing to help these women will put the sqeeze on London to get it right!!
momojack
momojack
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 11th January 2012, 2:21 pm

How disgusting. YOu can return a faulty item to Argos and swap it, but you can't do it with faulty breast implants that could be threatening peoples lives? These poor girls have paid for something they haven't got. Thieving b-stards. growl
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 11th January 2012, 8:37 pm

I was sure that they said on the radio earlier that the Government had announced the NHS WOULD now replace them and then they would claim the money back of the private companies........ or did I imagine that's what they said.......? shrug

If I imagined it, that's what they SHOULD do...... :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 11th January 2012, 8:38 pm

should have also added......that the NHS would replace them and claim back IF the original private company refused.........
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 11th January 2012, 8:42 pm

I just don't get it - can't these women go down the 'sale of goods act' route or something?

If I bought a defective car I would be entitled to a fix or replacement form the company I bought it from, surely? Surely the same applies here?

xxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 11th January 2012, 8:43 pm

I didn't hear that Kay but that should be the way forward. I feel sick when I think of what these companies have done. How can they sleep at night?x
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by John Pereira 15th January 2012, 11:30 pm

As an independant surgeon I find the ethical position of HMG and others who are refusing to help their patients disgusting. They offered extended warranties, bought in cheap implants - PIP were THE cheapest on the market - sold them on at a large profit, pay their surgeons poorly and encourage them to work very quickly to maximise profits for the company . Then guess what - trouble comes and they cant afford to help their patients because it will make them go bust ! Well I hope the sale of goods act stands up and the Lawyers sue the pants off them - and they go bust after coughing up. The claim that "they are victims" is just rubbish. They bought cheapest implants to maximise profits and sold them on at high mark ups and now here I and reputable surgeons like me are, putting people back together again and picking up the pieces while they carry on regardless. Vote with your feet ladies, if they do this once they will walk away from any responsibilities they can in my view.
John Pereira
John Pereira
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 16th January 2012, 8:56 am

VERY well said x
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 17th January 2012, 10:41 am

Extremely well said I really do feel for these pip ladies and am disappointed in the large amount of narrow minded people out there who feel these women shouldn't be helped cause they choose to have cosmetic surgery
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down