Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COMFY post uplift bras!

+4
cisco_134
roxanne
katyp
vicki
8 posters

Go down

COMFY post uplift bras! Empty COMFY post uplift bras!

Post by vicki 4th December 2011, 12:36 am

hi, rather than wearing sports bras (which i did after my op, day and night as we all do) when i had my scar revision done, as the scar was a lower they were really uncomfortable, so i went on the hunt for really soft but supportive bras. so far i have found:

the genie bra (like the ahh bra) that are advertised on some of the fitness channels on sky. i am a 34DD and while shopping in BHS bra dept i discovered the genie bra while looking at other crop style bras as they looked really soft. i wasnt sure however how supportive they would be. well i tried BHS own crop top bras and M&S as well and the genie bra is FAR better. the material is stronger so it gives you more support and they are SO comfortable! COMFY post uplift bras! 773440 i actually think they really give quite a good support considering the type of bra they are. thing is you have to buy them in a pack of 3 and they were £39.99. you get a black, white and what they call nude but its not really as its a bit too brown. anyway i have no idea if they are better than the ahh bra but go to your local BHS and try them on, for full uplift girls who have lots of scars they are a god send and great for sleeping in! oh, i went for the size 12 btw. when i had my checkup my surgeon was very pleased with the bra! he said it was perfect!!!

M&S i have discovered do far more post op bras now but never seem to have the ones i want so i tried a non wired full cup non padded smoothing cups in supersoft fabric (i would do a link to M&S but strangely could not find this one on the web site but its £14 in sizes 34-42 A-DD. its really soft on the underscar and has no seems at all on the bra. is comfy but i will always sleep with the genie bra from now on! the code for this m&s bra is t33/7100/white.
vicki
vicki
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

COMFY post uplift bras! Empty Re: COMFY post uplift bras!

Post by katyp 31st December 2011, 2:50 am

Awesome...good to know!!! xx :thumbs: dance
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 31st December 2011, 8:51 am

Thanks, very helpful. Now if only I could figure out what size I'll need, though considering PS wants me to book another consult before op I've got plenty of time to think about it :/
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

COMFY post uplift bras! Empty Thanks for the info :)

Post by cisco_134 21st April 2012, 8:12 am

This is really helpful. I've always worn underwired bras & was wondering about the pressure on a new scar. So happy days.
I have my consultation on Monday. Whoohoo!
cisco_134
cisco_134
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd April 2012, 10:48 am

Just one thing I'd say on this girls, after a BA/Uplift you're advised to wear a 'high impact' sports bra. You're advised to do this for a reason, the reason being is that we in the UK mostly use a 'textured implant' with a textured implant they adhere to the breast pocket, now to do that your breasts need stabilty - Hence the advice to wear a 'high impact' sports bra.

The Genie bra is designed for 'comfort' it is not a substitute for a sport bra and it only goes up to a DD.

The secret to the product is its woven everlast comfort stretch fabric
that custom conforms to any size. Thus it is appropriate for all cups
from A to DD.

From the genie bra page -

Genie Bra separates and lifts your breasts, and its wide bottom band gives you the support you need without rolling.

This isn't at all what you want your new breasts to do... You're wanting a cleavage from your new new boobs so to have a bra that 'seperates' your breasts isn't going to help that, anyone wearing a 'high impact' bra will know how the bra pushes the breasts 'together'

I had an uplift and know how the seams can rub on your incision lines and I bought an M&S high impact front fastening sports bra that had a lower band and no seams to irritate the scars. Unfortunately these are no longer manufactured but I'm sure if anyone is wanting similar, there would be one out there to find for sure....

Remember girls, your early post-op is the most important part of your recovery, so do check to see if your surgeon is fine with you not wearing a 'high impact' sports bras as surgeons may not know what the Genie bra was created for as it does look very similar to a 'sports bra'. xx

source from HERE
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by stephthorne 4th June 2012, 9:52 pm

So after sugery do i need to be wearing a quite tight bra, so my boobs literally aren't going to move?
And what will i be wearing when i come back from surgery?! bandages? or will they put a bra on me?! haha oh god i never thought of this!!
xxx
stephthorne
stephthorne
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 4th June 2012, 10:01 pm

Steph you take your sports bra with you and a nurse will help you put it on when you get back to your bed.Different surgeons put different things on. xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 4th June 2012, 10:08 pm

As 2nd time lucky says, it will depend on the surgeon. I had bandages for 24hrs and then had to remove them and put a sports bra on, other may not have to wear a sports bra at all, so I would invest in one or two sports bras just in case
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by stephthorne 4th June 2012, 10:14 pm

Ahhh ok :) Im guessing that's going to be quite painful? Especially with having to buy a tight bra? Xx
stephthorne
stephthorne
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th June 2012, 10:16 pm

stephthorne wrote:So after sugery do i need to be wearing a quite tight bra, so my boobs literally aren't going to move?
And what will i be wearing when i come back from surgery?! bandages? or will they put a bra on me?! haha oh god i never thought of this!!
xxx

When you go for your pre-op Steph, ask about bras whilst you're there and your clinic nurse will advise on your re-op recovery and what is needed. Also ask what size they think you're possibly going to result in post-op.

Lets say for example they say you're going to be 32DD, well I'd buy the 32DD babe, then I'd also buy a 34DD, just incase I have swelling around the rib area and the band may be too tight, I'd also buy a 32E, this is because your surgeons resulting size for you is a guestimate, so going up a cup size would accommodate your boobs if they're a little larger. This way you cover all bases and if you save the reciepts, you can take the bras you dont wear back to the shop and get a refund them. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stephthorne 4th June 2012, 10:36 pm

Ahh I see, I need to find out about my pre-op, when should tht be roughly? My care consultant didn't actually mention a pre-op :/ xxx
stephthorne
stephthorne
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th June 2012, 2:40 am

You will have a pre-op appointment lovely COMFY post uplift bras! 1978086825 It's generally around 2 weeks before your surgery date, but just give your clinic a call babe and ask when yours will be. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stephthorne 5th June 2012, 3:19 pm

Ok thanks cookie :) I'm guessing it will be at the Exeter clinic and not the Birmingham hospital!! Xxx
stephthorne
stephthorne
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down